hit tracker

How to properly use PK3DS

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by laramie14, Mar 23, 2015.

1. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
  2. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
    The full tutorial is the PDF file, the write up below doesn't contain the step by step pictures like the PDF.

How to properly use PK3DS
    For this tutorial, I'll be using the decrypted ROM of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
    1. Decrypt your 3DS ROM…
    2. Make a folder named “PK3DS”.

3. Create TWO folders named “exefs” and “romfs” When you finish, it’ll look like this:

4. Rename the “exefs” folder to “exe”.

5. Grab the decrypted files and put them in the following locations:

5a. Rename the bin file “code.bin” “.code.bin”
    *Note* don't rename it “.code.bin.bin” The “.bin” is just the extension and only needs to be in there ONCE.

6. In the “romfs” folder, the following files should be placed:

7. Run PK3DS…

Make the browsing folder the PK3DS folder!

Then you'll be prompted with this Dialog box:

Choose accordingly… I’m using Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, so I'll be choosing “Yes”, If you are using Pokémon X or Y, then choose “no” If you're using Pokémon “Omega Ruby” or Alpha Sapphire then choose “Yes”.
    8. Enjoy!
    REMINDER: Don't delete ANYTHING after you save!!!!

Notice the “config.ini” Just leave it ALONE!!!!!!!

That Wraps up this tutorial on how to use PK3DS, remember, I just make the tutorials, Most likely the tools
    aren’t mine, I'd be glad to cite the developers names, but I've had these tutorials for a while and I don't
    remember where I picked them up… Sorry but these developers have all their credit for their amazing
    work! Also, I'll make a tutorial on recompiling ROMS later! NOT IN THIS TUTORIAL!

3. 6
    Solstar

Solstar Loyal Member

i'm trying to do that,i got my 3 files from an omega ruby decrypted rom(decrypted header ex fs etc) but NONE of those files you mentioned in the guide,like code.bin etc,and no guide on the internet seems to explain how to obtain that.any help?

4. 1
    SplatMaster

SplatMaster Loyal Member

whenever I open pk3ds and load the folder in red it says "Game Loaded Invalid"
    also, all other options are blank

5. 1
    roychills200

roychills200 Loyal Member

i have a problem with pk3ds,my laptop currently running on windows 10,i extracted all the files and moved the to the respective folders inside pk3ds that is exefs and romfs
    so i loaded it the first time by going to the pk3ds folder where dese two folders are present(exefs and romfs)
    first time it gets loaded and then there an exyra folder gets created called backup
    so after viewing the contents i close pk3ds
    the second time when i start pk3ds it doesnt load the game automatically and when i load it from the directory it shows no game loaded

can anyone help me with this?