hit tracker

[HOWTO] Create a Japanese PSN account on a 5.00+ PSP

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by akadewboy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. 1,162
    akadewboy

akadewboy Loyal Member

[​IMG]
    1. Make sure you have the latest Official Firmware or latest Custom Firmware. Then go to sign up for Playstation Network. If you are already logged in to a different account then press Triangle and select "delete account".

[​IMG]
    2. Select "Create a new Account"

[​IMG]
    3. Select Continue

[​IMG]
    4a. Change your Country to Japan.
    4b. Everything will now be in Japanese, so enter your birthday and select continue.

[​IMG]
    5. Scroll down the super long Terms of Service agreement and select "Accept"

[​IMG]
    6. Here's where you enter an email address. You must use an alternate email address, you cannot use an email address that you have already signed up for. gmail is nice and free.

[​IMG]
    7. Now you have to choose a ID. If you choose an ID that is already taken you will get an error, so choose something unique. After you have chosen a unique ID that is available you'll be able to click the continue button.

[​IMG]
    8. Now enter you first name, last name, and gender. (they can be made up)

[​IMG]
    9a. Now you have to enter some numbers. I just entered random numbers until it let me continue.
    9b. Next select any province.
    9c. Now just enter random stuff until it lets you click on the continue button.

[​IMG]
    10. On this screen you just have to click continue.

[​IMG]
    11. Scroll down and click the confirm button

[​IMG]
    12. Congratulations, you now have a Japanese account and can now download stuff from the Japanese PSN. Just remember, if you are logged into your Japanese account you can only play stuff that is from the Japanese PSN. If you want to play stuff that you've downloaded from other PSN then simple press triangle and delete the account from your PSP. Next just log in with whatever PSN you want to play.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  2. 6
    Mark26

Mark26 Loyal Member

thanks for these useful post! :):):)

3. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Very very usefull guide. Thanks so much!!!. Deserve to be sticked. I am going to speack to Admins/Moderators to be sticked.;)

4. 552
    January39

January39 Loyal Member

Now that would be telling...
    Nice one, Will check this out.

5. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Man, It is sticked. Congratulation. Great Work.

6. 4
    darkman901

darkman901 Loyal Member

Seems easy, I'll try it when my psp's upgraded to 5.00. I really want some PSX games

7. 9
    Housemastah

Housemastah Loyal Member

Thanks a bunch mate! Just followed the guide and have my account now. :D

8. 6
    Bleak101

Bleak101 Loyal Member

Cheers for this picked up a psp yesterday and got MHFU with it, can now play online :D

9. 5
    GazettE

GazettE Loyal Member

thanks! thats worked!!!

10. 11
    neverbugme2

neverbugme2 Loyal Member

After creating your Japanese PSN account, to download games you have to add fund to your account. You can do this by purchasing a prepaid Japanese PSN card at www.japan-codes.com
    They charge you through Paypal. It also has a little bit cheaper price than other site as well.