hit tracker

[HOWTO] Despertar del Cementerio v4 Installation

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by FRanatic, Dec 28, 2007.

1. 1,628
    FRanatic

FRanatic Loyal Member

@ash:

Pandora and DCv* are basically the same. When the unbricker was first released it was called Pandora. This unbricker consisted of a 'magic memorystick' and a 'service battery'.
    Since the first release D_A improved the magic stick files and called it Despertar del Cementerio (DC). We are now at revision 5 (DCv5).
    The battery part remained the same, as it didn't need any upgrades.

So to conclude: When people speak of a pandora's battery, they mean the actual battery which is in service mode (hardware part). DCv*, covers the files on a memstick which do the actual unbricking/unlocking (software part). So if you have a pandora's battery and a memstick with any DC version you are set to unbrick and unlock psp's.

Hope that clears it up for you.

2. 16
    BlackOmegaUK

BlackOmegaUK Loyal Member

Delete Files on memory stick

Hi FRanatic I'm still using the Magic Memory Stick I created from your links for general use.

If I format it in the PSP will it affect any of the CFW I have installed?

Or alternatively which files can I safely delete.

I just want as much room on the stick as possible.

Thanks again for helping me unlock my PSP.

3. 59
    Bloodlust

Bloodlust Loyal Member

Now that DCv6 is out, how do I replace the DCv4 from the DCv4 AutoInstaller with DCv6?:eek:

4. 52
    reddragon105

reddragon105 Loyal Member

I'm a complete newbie to the PSP but I do have lots of experience with other consoles. I've got a bricked phat PSP that I'm trying to fix. I've got a Pandora battery for it and a 4gb Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo. I don't have a working PSP so my only option to put the files on the memory stick is to use a card reader. I've got one built into my laptop and I've also got a Sony camcorder that takes the old style Memory Sticks and I can put the Pro Duo in that using the adapter that came with it and then connect via USB - which seems to work better than my laptop's built in card reader. I'm also running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit most of the time, although my laptop has a dual boot option of that or XP.

So I followed the instructions on making the memory stick in this thread and I can't get it to work - I put the memory card in the PSP, hold down 'UP' on the D-pad, then plug the Pandora battery in. The power light, wifi and memory stick lights come on, and they all stay on for 10-20 seconds, then all go off. That's all I can get it to do. I've tried other installers and sets of files from other posts and other sites, followed tons of guides, and the same thing happens every time.

So what am I doing wrong? I've seen a lot of people say that you're better off using XP but I don't see why - Vista should be just as capable of simply putting files onto a memory card. The command prompts work fine under Vista - I don't get any errors at all when using an auto installer. And everything I've tried, I've tried under Vista and XP and it still hasn't worked.
    I've also seen people say that you can't use 4gb memory cards, you need something smaller, but then I've also seen people say that you can use up to 4gb, just nothing larger, and I've seen guides that just don't mention what size memory card you should use at all. The only other memory card that I've got is a 2gb Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, but it seems to be corrupted - if I put it in my card reader Windows (XP or Vista) tells me it needs formatting, so I go to do that only to be told that 'Windows was unable to complete the format'. Trying to connect it using the camcorder doesn't work either - it says 'Format error' and trying to format it using the camcorder doesn't change anything.

I'll try getting another memory card, smaller than 4gb, anyway and see if that helps. But my 4gb should work, right? So with the options of my OS and memory card out of the way, what else could be the problem?

5. 26
    abdullahfox

abdullahfox Loyal Member

6. 52
    reddragon105

I tried that, it didn't work. I put the memory stick into my card reader, formatted it in Windows, copied and pasted all the files into the root of the memory stick, put it into my PSP, put the Pandora battery in and it just did what it was doing before - the power, wifi and memory lights came on for about 10-20 seconds, then went off.

Did I miss something out?

7. 1,628
    FRanatic

FRanatic Loyal Member

Get hold of the utility called mspformat. You can find it in the first pandora release. Run that utility on a windows machine and allow it to format your card. Now once again run the Autoinstaller and you should be set.

8. 1,628
    FRanatic

FRanatic Loyal Member

Formatting the stick doesn't affect the installed cfw in any way. If you decide to format the stick it will lose it's magic capabilities.

I suggest you leave the stick 'as is'. DC uses somewhere between 25 and 30 MB. That's not much, or is it ;)

9. 52
    reddragon105

Yeah, I used mspformat first, and I've tried doing it again. Now it just tells me 'Pseudo format not necessary'. :confused:

I've ordered a new 2gb memory stick, so soon I'll be able to test it on another memory card in case my 4gb card is the problem.

10. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    Try DC5 or 6, they dont need an MSP format. They use the Time Machine IPL, the Time Machine IPL can even load older versions of Pandora such as the original and DC 1-4. If you want DC4 install it (dont worry about MSP format) then run Time Machine and tell it to convert the old IPL, DC5 should also pick up the old IPL as well...

11. 26
    abdullahfox

abdullahfox Loyal Member

Its me Abdullah

Its me Abdullah
    go here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQw1fcViw7o
    Then here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di4vMTC5vSc
    if you insert the pandora battery and nothing happens then go here
    http://www.freewebs.com/pspm33hack/psptroubleshooting.htm
    Very easy and it works I swear if not then post for help here.
    http://www.freewebs.com/pspm33hack/psphacks.htm?forumID=2594456&page=1&topicID=1397764
    OK this is me ABDULLAH Speaking and the mistake is that you have to press the Digital UP button and then insert the pandora battery in as my video also says so press the digital up button and keep holdin it and then insert the pandoras battery
    I hope this helps
    PS. Watch these of my videos they show exactly what to do.
    The already made psp magic memory stick files do work just download.
    fromm here
    http://www.freewebs.com/pspm33hack/
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. 1
    ohnoz

ohnoz Loyal Member

I'm very new to this whole PSP downgrading business, so this is all a little confusing to me. I have a PSP, bought two days ago with OFW 3.95, I do not know how to check what motherboard I have. Now I will attempt to explain my problem.

I used the DCv4 installer, and it worked, in the aspect of installing the files I needed to the memory stick (which is more than I can say for the 'EasyPandora' installers) but nothing happened at the part where it said to hold the 'digital up key'. I assumed this meant the 'UP' button on the D-pad, was I correct?

Anyways, when that didn't work, I just went to the Time Machine app in my Games section. I tried to run it, and it did the whole PSP screen with flashing colors, which indicates it is attempting to run a game. Then the screen goes black for to seconds, comes back to the normal PSP screen and says, "The game could not be started (80020148)"

I'm at a loss as to what I should do. I tried using pandora battery to put it in service mode, but the green power light just flashed for a second, then turned off.

I'm really not sure where the problem is. Everything necessary is on my memory stick (sony memory stick duo 2gig)

Any and all help would be thoroughly appreciated.

13. 112
    decent

decent Loyal Member

Is there any way to downgrade new psp slim with official firmware 4.01 ?

I bought a new psp slim with 4.01 original, I use pandora batt and "RAIN MMs ".
    DCv7 . But I can't show any thing when I insert Pandora batt .

Can you guyz help me . My RAIN MMs is perfect b/c i check it in my bro PsP.

14. 1,628
    FRanatic

FRanatic Loyal Member

You have probably bought the latest revision TA-088v3. That one has been made pandora proof by sony. So, you are screwed until the talented psp devs find a new way to crack that one.
    Sit back and wait until that one hits the scene.
    How long will it take you ask ? That's unknown I'm afraid. Just keep an eye out on these boards and you will find it in due time.

15. 39
    maany

maany Loyal Member

thanks.................

16. 5
    iJEANIUS87

iJEANIUS87 Loyal Member

cool......

17. 5
    brokepsp

brokepsp Loyal Member

thats what i said dc8 = genius

18. 1
    TammikSi

TammikSi Loyal Member

Hi,

I have one question.

Just want to get some thing straight.

I have PSP 2004 and TA-088 v3 mobo and 4.01 ofw(99% sure:rolleyes:)
    Does this DC work with this PSP?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  19. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    Click here for information about installing CFW on TA-088 v3.

20. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    Why would you do that? This is old and there are newer versions that are easier to install...