hit tracker

I need help with cia games

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by luluigii, May 12, 2015.

1. 22
    luluigii

luluigii Loyal Member

I just want to one thing about cia,

Can I copy all my cia games (in my other 3dses) to my N3DS that I just bought? If so, will it keep all my game saves?

2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    You can use the same CIAs you used to install on the other systems to install them on your N3DS (directly copying the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is not possible as the contents are encrypted per console with unique console keys).

To transfer the saves, you would need to use SaveDataFiler to export all saves from CIA games on another console and reinject the saves with SaveDataFiler on your N3DS after installing all games there.

3. 22
    luluigii

luluigii Loyal Member

thanks for the tips! Btw my old 3ds is a US version and the new 3ds is Japan, so is it okay if I install us games.cia to japan 3ds and transfer the saves?

Off topic, but do i need to setup my mii on sysnand before creating emunand?

4. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

Yes since GW is region free there will be no problems transferring saves, you just can't system transfer.

You can create a mii on system nand and then when you make emunand it will transfer over but you don't NEED to make a mii first

5. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Since there's already a thread about cia, I'll just ask here.

I've made backup copies of the physical carts I and my friends have let me copy. Will renaming them to what the game is rather than XXXX.3ds mess anything up when it comes to the .cia conversion, or no?

6. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    The filename of a rom does not matter in any way, it's only a filename that is tied to the file table of your hard drive. Only the contents of that file matter.