hit tracker

IGN: Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta is so much better, PS3 full of slow-downs

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 22, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    IGN has reviewed Bayonetta on the PS3 and while it scored 8.2, there seems to be issues with it in comparison to the 360 version. Apparently the game on the PS3 suffers from slowdon and excessive load times which spoils things quite a bit.

<blockquote>Although Bayonetta has more than a few similarities to Devil May Cry, I believe that this game is worth playing... but it's hard to recommend the PS3 version when the 360 version is so much better. Even when you consider the fantastic combat system, the slowdown and load times really do spoil the fun.

With that said, Bayonetta is still stylish, entertaining and unique. If you have no other choice but to purchase the PS3 version, you'll still get a kick out of it. Just be ready to be exorbitantly patient.</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1057012p2.html" target="_blank">IGN</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 22, 2009.

1. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

by now this should just be expected.
      Multi platform games just run better on the 360. Could have something to do with what system the game was designed on... now sure about this game though.

2. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

After playing the god of war 3 demo, dante's inferno demo, and the previous iterations of god of war and devil may cry, I can rest assured - bayonetta kicks all their collective asses.

3. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      good to hear :)

lol that hurts. good old bluray drive is at it again. oh bluray drive, why cant you just be a dvdrom like the rest of the world.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
    4. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Sounds like a sloppy port to me, there is no reason why anyone should expect a game should run any better on either format these days unless you are some fanatic of one platform.

Will have to give this game a try tho when I have 5 minutes spare as I do like DMC and this seems very similar, that is if I manage to finnish Dragon Age before Mass Effect 2 is released (damn christmas and visiting relatives interfereing with my gaming time) :)

5. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

In another thread, there is a news where Final fantasy XIII has best graphic and sound respect 360 version...

1) All this news are bullsh*t.
      2) Final fantasy XIII don't exist on 360, how can say a thing of kind?.

6. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

The demo was on the short side, but for the little I played I saw/experienced nothing that would put me off on the ps3 version. I agree with DEDDOA these days it's up for grabs which console plays games better, IF there is any significant difference that is.

In any case, if you have a 360 get it for that, but if like me you only have a ps3.... maybe you should just get it for that, or buy a 360 I don't know. Personally these things have never mattered much to me. I usually pause games and run all around the house doing stuff anyways, so 3 - 4 secs of extra loading time each time that I change screens isn't going to kill me.

7. 123
      patstevens

patstevens Loyal Member

normally i would be upset at this as i prefer to buy the ps3 versions of games as 1) can play online for free 2) i have a non jasper xbox360, so its only a matter of time before I get a RROD again(on my 2nd)
      but with the XBR/freeboot I'm can live with the 360 being the better version seeing that I can now get it for free =)

8. 432
      ASSPOP

ASSPOP Loyal Member

lol ps3 sucks thats why you stupid cuntsmugglers.. I fucken Hait chu!

9. 199
      twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Two words - Lazy Coding.

There are now no excuses for developers after games like Killzone 2, MGS 4 and Uncharted and more importantly, many 3rd party titles like Batman and Burnout Paradise.

Yes, even EA has got to grips with the PS3.

Not a good result SEGA, give yourselves a kick up the backside.

10. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

The game looks very GPU-intensive. If it takes full advantage of the 360 hardware it is to be expected, superior GPU + superior disc drive speed + superior memory architecture, you will have to tweak something down to make it run smooth on ps3.

11. 199
      twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

What a load of rubbish. Look at my post above yours.

12. 0
      sliggo

sliggo Guest

This recieved 96% on 360, I would try it but always disliked DMC, still 96 is an amazing score.

13. 675
      ku16610

ku16610 Loyal Member

there will be a patch fixing the issues , this was announced a while back by sega

14. 213
      Xanxion

Xanxion BANNED FOREVER

Actually, as trollish as Trashcat almost always is, he's right.
      The PS3 doesn't have as good of a graphics chip because sony (stupidly, in my opinion), felt coders would lean more towards using the CellBBE's SPU's for graphics, offloading much of the processing work for the GPU - This works, in cases where the games been designed FOR the PS3, or where developers for multi platform games are using an engine that can take advantage of the architecture, but usually that isn't the case and to save time (and money) they simply do all of the graphics on the GPU, despite the fact that it results in many of the SPU's being left alone and the memory (which using both gpu+cpu for processing graphics wouldnt actually be a problem), just can't handle todays level of graphics on it's own without some slowdown or sacrifices in texture detail, which is why many ports don't have as sharp a texture as on the 360.

For games coded exclusively for the PS3, the graphical capabilities are actually superior to the 360's, but as we've seen, that is done, very, very rarely.

15. 114
      RyuCheese

RyuCheese Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.suburbanfairytales.com
      Might as well just play the hell out of your 360 and get it over with. You're eventually going to get the RROD like you said. Might be good to just leave it on constantly during a gaming drought so when it does RROD it won't be as painful when you send it to MS for three weeks to get repaired. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll send you back a Jasper unit.

16. 199
      twoboys

twoboys Loyal Member

Good post and quite correct.

What I was trying to say though, as you said in your last sentence, was that it CAN be done and I would have thought that by now, ALL of the major publishers and developers would have figured out how to get the best from the PS3's more complicated coding methods.

SEGA obviously has some way to go!

17. 4,373
      manias

manias Loyal Member

of all the factors that could be causing this the bluray drive is the LEAST important for sure.. it's all down to coding and quick ports

18. 140
      jase1

jase1 Loyal Member

I'm surprised, most people who tried the PS3 demo already knew it wasn't that good.

The amount of screen tearing was sloppy coding for sure, I mean if you're in a room which is graphically ok, no lighting, no sfx and it's still tearing then there is a problem.

I don't buy into the idea that the 360 is graphically superior to the PS3, I have plenty of 360 games, more than most people here has seen or played and I see no evidence of this.

What I do see is a 360 that is the lead development system, the really surprising thing is that non FPS games on the PS3 are selling in equal or more numbers globally than the 360 (ex fifa/tekken)

If I only had a PS3 I wouldn't buy sloppy seconds, never should you.

19. 1,316
      GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Hmmm... I wonder why "some" devs tend to make the PS3 version/port inferior, maybe because the 360 is basically a PC in a pretty shell which just makes it piss easy and they can't be bothered to go into the extra work of re-doing some major parts to use the majority of the PS3's power through it's SPU's via the CellBE.

And you wonder why Uncharted 2 got GOTY... dedicated devs... that's all I'm saying.