hit tracker

InScripted AIO R12 -- the easy way to install and configure CFW (and still have Gateway if desired)

Discussion in 'A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion' started by LupinIII, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Warning: Running Gateway mode on an 11.3 or higher SysNAND will either put you on retail or brick the device. It is heavily recommended to create an 11.2 (or partially updated 11.6) EmuNAND for running Gateway at this time. If you don't have a GW card, you can ignore this part of the warning, because you can't enter Gateway mode without the card. For the same reason, do not run Cakes or Skeith until you have properly configured them, because the firm protection patch is optional in these CFWs. If you don't know which option to select, either consult the documentation on their release pages, or just don't use them.

Now that the obligatory disclaimer is out of the way, welcome to the easiest way to setup and configure CFW. Looking for the easiest, fastest, and safest way to install CFW and Freeshop on a 3DS. You've found it. Already followed another guide, but want to switch from B9S to Fastboot3DS or GM9? Looking to add Gateway, Rei-Six, BAX, Decrypt9, or other software to your hotkeys? This already has all of those and more on hotkeys ready to use. Tired of manually copying and renaming payloads just to add them as hotkeys? Let this do it for you with it's "Settings" menu. Just pick what you want from a menu and it does the rest.

But that is only the start. Would you like to be able to install more DSiWare by swapping multiple backups of the DS partition? There's a script subroutine for that. Need help converting saves from GW to CIA or vice versa? There's a script subroutine for that too. But this is not just another AIO script. This is the ORIGINAL AIO SCRIPT (runner). I'm the one that helped d0k3 implement and test the commands all of these other mega scripts you see are currently using. This is where all the rest get it from. Being the original AIO script collection is this project's very namesake. And it still has features you will find nowhere else.

Let's start with the installers. Because while my dynamic configurations are the heart and soul of this AIO pack, they're useless to you if you can't get modern exploits installed on your system. With that in mind, I have created some easy-to-use installers that include everything you need. No more clicking 50 separate links to get the files you need. No need to extract multiple archives, create folders, copy individual files back and forth, rename, etc. Everything you need is right here. Just drag and drop, and you're ready to install Sighax (with your choice of B9S, GodMode9, or Fastboot3DS as the firm) or A9LH (it's kind-of outdated now, but there may be some who still want it). And without having to run 10 different apps. Once you're into the menu, you simply select the exploit you want to install, the standalone script runner installs it, copies Luma to CTRNAND, and cleans up. I didn't call it "One & Done" for nothing.

You may also have seen some Youtube videos of "PC-less" swap cards that allow you to exploit a system from just about anywhere. I've included one of those for your convenience as well. This one doesn't require you to change your NTRBootHax payload or even run multiple apps. It is all done in Godmode9 via the scripts themselves. This does everything those other swap cards will, and in fewer steps (just run one script and it's done). This one even offers the option to install A9LH just in case someone asks you for it. It will also automatically update a system on A9LH to B9S/Fastboot3DS (you can select which one from the scripts menu). And those other swap cards only give you minimal configurations that just have Luma and Godmode9. This uses my dynamic configurations, that come loaded with just about every CFW (and every other .firm payload available for that matter), and include my script runners that allow you to customize your configuration without having to pull your card out and take it to your PC.

Already have Sighax installed? Running an older release of InScripted? Then the new "Auto-Setup and Upgrade" feature is for you. Simply copy the contents of the "Auto-Setup and Upgrade" folder to the root of your card, then copy the entire "Configuration (Sighax)" folder to your SD card. Place the card in your system, boot it, and the script runner will do the rest. If you copy the "Configurations (A9LH)" folder over as well, it will perform a Dual Exploit setup for you (it will copy the configuration folder that matches your hardware and delete the other one). Though there's really not much use for A9LH anymore (and there's no "Switch to FB3DS" script atm either, so for now you have to switch to B9S or GM9 from A9LH, then switch to FB3DS using Sighax Updater).

The dynamic configurations are the cornerstone of this entire release. The first ever (and still only) dynamic configurations provide you with the ability to configure your 3DS from your 3DS. No more need to eject the card and make a trip to the PC just to make changes to your setup. All you have to do is hold R at boot, and it brings up a menu that allows you to change the default payload, hotkeys, switch to a different chainloader, or even switch the boot firm to any included payload (but only if GM9 is installed to the firm partitions and you will therefore still have a chainloader -- no user-friendly AIO should leave you stranded, after all).

Want to change the default payload to, say, Gateway? Easy. Just select "Gateway.firm" using the "Set Default Payload" option. Want to change hotkeys? Select the "Set Hotkeys" option, then either select an individual hotkey, or pick the "All" option to set them all at once (you can hit B to skip the ones you don't want to change). You can also use the "Restore Defaults" option to restore the default layout. Are all those hotkeys too much for you to remember? Maybe you would rather have a menu for everything? No problem. Just go to the "Switch Chainloader" option and pick "CBM9" from the list for a completely menu-based alternative. Now the only hotkey you have to remember is the one that brings up the menu (down). But if you're running GM9 for your Sighax firm, maybe you don't want an extra chainloader. In that case, the "Switch Boot Firm" option will allow you to pick any payload you want for your "boot.firm" file (but only if GM9 is installed to the firm partitions (if it is not, Settings will offer to install it for you, but it won't force you to upgrade to it, if you decline, it will simply exit). This is only for people using GM9 as their installed firm, because B9S needs a chainloader, and FB3DS has no default payloads. You can also switch your Sighax firm between B9S, GM9, and FB3DS at any time using the included Sighax Updater. Just hold "down" at boot and pick it. Maybe you would even like to be able to switch back and forth between Sighax and A9LH at the drop of a hat? Not that there's a practical reason to do it (that's why it's not included by default), but you can set it up as an option, in which case it will show up in the "Options" app (just hold "down" at boot, and it will be the first app on the list).

There are also many other apps in the "Options" and "Extra Options" script runners (available by default on the Extras menu on the "down" hotkey). You will find apps for managing/deleting your Activity Log and Friends List, Kids Mode (a custom chainloader configuration with no apps on it, not enabled by default since it requires additional preparation to avoid getting stuck in it), Stealth Mode (runs ReiNAND with the splash screens removed to look like a retail system, also not enabled by default for the same reason), assistance with converting saves to/from GW format, synchronizing tickets between EmuNAND and SysNAND if you're using linked NANDs with your Gateway setup (it can also backup and restore your ticket files, whether your NANDs are linked or not), manage multiple backups of the TWLN partition (so you can install more DSiWare), and the option to use the full CBM9 menu with the other chainloaders. There is even the ability to uninstall your exploit and return to retail, should you want to. Recent additions also include a Firmware Extractor for CFWs that need external firmware files, an option to set which NAND Rei-Six defaults to, and an option to set the BAX boot payload.

Need to backup your NAND for safety reasons, or restore a NAND because you messed up? Just hold "down" at boot and you will see the "NAND Manager" app. This does everything the 5 scripts included with GodMode9 do, but in a single app. It also includes the ever popular option to transfer EmuNAND to SysNAND (along with the considerably less popular option to transfer SysNAND to EmuNAND), and an option to update the copy of Luma3DS on CTRNAND (note that it assumes the updated copy is located in the "b9s/payloads" folder).

And as usual, I've included every CFW and payload app you could possibly ever want, including Luma, a modified Luma Legacy that uses it's own "legacy" folder so that it won't delete your Luma 9.x settings, Gateway, Rei-Six, Cakes, Puma (a bit outdated, but it still has it's uses), Godmode9, Decrypt9, and OFI (just in case you prefer to install B9S/FB3DS updates with that, I prefer my own Sighax Updater myself, because it lets me choose between B9S, GM9 and FB3DS). And of course, what AIO pack would be complete without NTRBoot Flasher all setup and ready to go? That's right, it's ready to flash your DS card if you have one that will work. Just hold "down" at boot and pick the flasher from the menu. There is even a "Cakes Launcher" script runner (hotkeyed to the "start" button by default). Now you can launch Cakes with any firmware without having to rename files manually.

A9LH users, you can take partial advantage of my new dynamic configurations too. Unfortunately, A9LH has to run an older version of GodMode9 on the N3DS due to screen init issues, so script runners for A9LH are not provided at this time, since they would only display properly on the O3DS. Still, some very nice scripts and configurations are possible. Thanks to OldLoader, A9LH can even run the final version of Skeith. Not to mention NTRBoot Flasher! Oh yes I did. You can install NTRBootHax from A9LH now.

But there's just one problem. This will eventually become outdated. If a new Luma release comes out tomorrow, this is yesderday's news, right? Not exactly. I've included an updater this time. Just copy the new version of the payload in question to the "Updater" folder, run the "updater.bat" included within, and every instance of that payload in the entire pack will be instantly updated to the new version. With this, InScripted will never become outdated just because a new version of a CFW or app gets released.

I've also included some other things, like the obligatory source for Luma Legacy, the source scripts used in the SSRs, a guide on setting up multiple EmuNANDs, and you know that second EmuNAND on 9.2 that runs Menuhax, chains into BootCTR, and allows me to pick between 3 different boot menus that I sometimes brag about? Yes, I've even included the files for that, just in case anyone else might want to set something like that up. I'm sure most people will consider it more trouble than it's worth, but, I still thought it was worth including.

I hope I didn't overload your brains with information, but, this isn't exactly the type of thing that you can explain in a single short paragraph. I hope you will enjoy it. Any ideas for improving it are welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    GatewayBugReport, GaryOPA and Billyme like this.
  2. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

What's new in R12:

Fastboot3DS is now included and supported both installed to the firm partitions and as a conventional chainloader. Due to the low number of slots (I'm trying to get more added), it boots BootCTR9 by default to get more hotkeys. The only thing not implemented is switching back to it from A9LH (I'm on it, but I needed to get this out, and how many of you are using A9LH anyway?). All installers AND Sighax Updater now offer to install B9S, GM9, and FB3DS!

I discovered that Fastboot3DS can't run Skeith. But it works when GM9 boots it, so, a small script runner -- Skeith Loader -- has been included as a workaround. Use it to hotkey Skeith in FB3DS.

Firmware extraction added to Options. This extracts firmware for booting the new version of Rei-Six with an EmuNAND, and will also extract for Skeith and Cakes.

Since firmware is being extracted by a script runner now, it is no longer included in the Sighax configurations. This has made the archive 10 MB smaller, and...

Because system-specific firmware files are no longer in the configurations, there is no need for two of them anymore. There is only one Sighax configuration now (I may see if I can do the same with A9LH next version).

Auto-Setup script runner added for easy setup and upgrading. Highly recommended to both new and returning users. No need to use the batch file any more. This will delete any old/conflicting files, copy the new configuration files over, and extract firmware files needed by CFWs for you. All from your 3DS, so, it's OS-independent. Just copy the contents of the new "Auto-Setup and Upgrading" folder and the entire "Configuration (Sighax)" folder to your card, place it in your 3DS, and let it do the rest. While the InScripted configuration usually works just fine for people that have followed other guides initially, this should practically guarantee that there will be no issues.

Shove & Shift now has a corresponding option to wipe old files from a target card. I may integrate this into the installers at some point, but the swap card is mostly intended for performing new installations while away from your PC.

Another new toggle has been added to Options that will let you select whether Rei-Six defaults to EmuNAND or SysNAND (it creates/deletes the "loademunand" file for you). This is different from other toggles, as it reflects the CURRENT status, not what will be switched to (if it says "Rei-Six Defaults to SysNAND" the file is currently NOT present).

Since Options was getting full, I made the Extra Options their own app.

BAX is now included. You will need to add your own animations, but the option to switch which payloads it boots into has been added to Extra Options (it is set to boot Luma by default).

Kids Mode is now a toggled extra chainloader option. You have to enable it first, then switch to it in Settings.

The Uninstall Exploit features in both the new Extra Options script runner and Shove & Shift scripts now have an added "Open Firm Uninstaller" -- since OFI uses a different folder, the "Safe B9S Uninstaller" was unable to find the files. Speaking of which...

Safe B9S Installer has been replaced by OFI, since that can install both B9S and Fastboot3DS. I recommend using Sighax Updater, since that gives you a choice instead of taking the first one it finds (OFI will default to FB3DS unless you move it).

Luma has been updated to the new nightly version that has the cheat engine built in. I usually prefer to stick with stable releases, but this has gone for weeks without a scramble fix, so it must not break anything too badly.

Godmode 9 has been updated to the latest stable version. I'll probably go back to including nightly releases for non-installation purposes in the future, but the newest stable is still fairly recent, while being well tested.

Rei-Six has been updated to the new version that no longer needs firmware files to boot SysNAND (but it still needs them for EmuNAND, hence the extraction option in Options).

If I noticed anything else had an update, I updated that as well.

Freeshop, FBI, and many other extra apps included in the installers have been updated (a new configuration file has been created for Freeshop and placed in the appropriated location).

SpeedRun9 has been discontinued. Bypassing the safety checks for the sake of speed was a liability. Besides, I just do not have time to maintain it and keep it up to date.

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Changes in R11:

Added the ability to backup/restore your friends list to the "Activity Log Manager" -- so it's the "Activity Log & Friends Manager" now.

Added an EmuNAND version of the "Activity Log & Friends Manager" to the "Extra Options (Sighax)" folder for those that want it. It's not there by default because I doubt many will want this. Most people prefer to convert an online game to CIA than add a proper header to it, and are therefore probably using Luma for online play.

Massive rewrites to the scripts due to new commands being added to GM9 that improve the menu creation and variable processing methods. Most end users won't see a major difference, aside from the fact that the numbers (and the underscores in Options) are gone, but the under-the-hood improvements to the code are massive.

Fixed a typo in the "Troubleshooting" sub-app in Options. I'm not sure how I missed it, but I completely messed up the variable name entry in the option to restore a deleted NNID. I'm sure most people never used the option in the first place, and therefore probably never noticed. Still, my apologies if anyone was inconvenienced by this option being broken.

Apparently while Cakes 202 fixed compatibility with Luma's chainloader, it broke it with BootCTR9. So, Cakes Loader has been added back to the payload options. You can use it to add Cakes without the launcher to a hotkey while using BootCTR9.

New versions of Luma, Rei-Six, FBI, and of course GodMode9 have come out since the last release. These have all been updated. As usual, the included Luma 9.0 has the friends patch included, unlike the official release (as much as I generally agree with the author that there's no reason to stay on an old version, I still don't want to force people to update). If you use NTR, make sure BootNTR Selector has been updated to 2.11 or higher, because 2.9 will not work correctly with Luma 9.0. And the DS mode NTRBootHax flashers have been updated (I had forgot with everything else that's been going on).

The last Luma commit that had optional SVC patching is also included in a folder in the "updater" folder just in case the change breaks compatibility with an old OFW. Only use it to update your FW if you can't boot your current FW version with Luma 9. SVC patching is something you want enabled anyway.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Billyme likes this.
  4. 1
    topherkus

topherkus Loyal Member

This is truly awesome. Thanks for this! Using it now, easy, tons of options, and it works great!

5. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I'm glad it's working well for you, and I appreciate the positive feedback. I hope you will like the new version.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  6. 2
    memoryspectre

memoryspectre Loyal Member

Hi, I was trying to use this to install a cfw to my o3ds, but I'm really confused.
    Basically, I'm at a low-tech/noob level, and I'm having difficulty understanding the technical jargon.
    I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere or not understanding how to use your stuff.

I have gateway on my o3ds, and I load into it using the "nintendo ds profile" (since I have a 4.4 sysnand). I've done steps 1 & 3, but I'm stuck on 4. I have no idea what these exploits are. I've tried just going into the "nintendo ds profile", but that just loads gateway.

Is there something I need to do/install before following your "one & done" instructions?

7. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

If you're using "DS Profile" (aka MSET) you need to run the "OldLoader.nds" ROM from the "MSET exploit installer" folder. You can place it on the GW blue card or any other DS flash cart you have laying around. Just run it the same way you do GW Installer. Select the regular 4.x option (it should be the first one). Once that is setup, the DS Profile exploit should take you straight into the installer menu.

Also, be aware that Rosalina will not function properly in 4.x without using a firmware file. You can either just update SysNAND after the installation completes, or you can rename the included "firmware111.bin" to "firmware.bin" to get 4.x working with Rosalina. Though I have yet to find any compelling reason to keep 4.x around. Still, it's your system.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    memoryspectre likes this.
  8. 2
    memoryspectre

memoryspectre Loyal Member

Thank you~!

9. 2
    totoro1

totoro1 Loyal Member

Hello, thanks for the fantastic work - it must have taken a lot of time and effort!

I tried using the One and Done (on a 4.4 FW with menuhax) using the MSET injection with the regular 4.x option and I reached step 7, using the recommended selections and then crashed into the 3ds menu.

I tried pressing Y when I boot the 3ds but it just boots the usual 3ds home menu instead of Luma Legacy and there is no themes option (as suggested using in step 7) since the 4.4 FW didn't yet have themes.

I saw the message about using firmware111.bin, but I can't seem to find it in the zip - I used the search function for good measure too, but I may have missed it. In which folder should it be placed?

I can access the Rosalina menu by L+down+select, but setting an app as HB as per step 8 keeps me stuck in a loading screen.

From what I understand, my problem is either finding the firmware111.bin (and where to use it) or accessing Luma Legacy to delete menuhax.

My ideal setup would be an updated sysnand and and a 11.2 Emunand, if possible. Any help would be appreciated!

Incidentally, using the System Settings>Other Settings>Profile>Nintendo DS Profile causes a black screen (content attached at the end of the post.

Thanks a lot :)

-----------------------------------
    An exception occurred
    Processor: ARM11 (core 0)
    Exception type: prefetch abort
    Fault status: Translation - Section
    Current process: mset (0004001000022000)

R0 E0E04046BC R1 00000001
    R2 00004000 R3 00036B54
    R4 002104E5 R5 0019DA00
    R6 00017500 R7 0021DF86
    R8 001AC100 R9 001DDA22
    R10 0000000 R11 00000000
    R12 002793F0 SP 002B0004
    LR 001B398C PC 00000000
    CPSR 20000010 FPEXC 00000700

Press A to save the crash dump
    Press any other button to shutdown

Stack dump:

002B0004: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B000C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0014: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B001C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0024: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B002C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0034: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B003C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0044: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B004C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0054: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B005C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0064: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B006C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0074: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B007C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0084: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B008C: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    002B0094: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

10. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

If you updated from 4.4, you never had Menuhax. The "firmware111.bin" file should be in the "luma" folder for the O3DS configuration, but it may have been deleted by recent changes. I'll check, and add it back in R10 if that is the case. The 11.2 one for Cakes should also work, I would think (the instructions for Luma say to download 11.1 for 3.x and 4.x for some reason, but I'd imagine any recent firmware would get Rosalina working). You might as well update SysNAND to 11.6 though. There's really no need to stay on 4.4 at all. I'm not surprised the DS profile exploit crashed. Luma is not compatible with any other exploit (including MSET). You won't need it anymore though. You can just hold B at boot to run Gateway.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  11. 2
    totoro1

totoro1 Loyal Member

I updated SysNAND to 11.6 and it's working like a charm, thanks! Now that SysNAND is 11.6, would it be safe to press B and access Gateway? My EmuNAND was 6.xx should it still be accessible.

12. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Sure, your EmuNAND should still work fine. It's just 11.3+ SysNAND that you must not boot GW into (not that it will work with an 11.3+ EmuNAND, but trying to boot one won't put your system on retail). As long as there's an EmuNAND on the card, GW will boot straight into it unless you hit L+select for the menu. If there isn't, it will ask you to enter a key combo. You must never enter that combo if you see it. But as long as there's an EmuNAND on the card, you don't have to worry about it. Because the only way you could enter SysNAND mode is to hold L+select for the menu, then hold B and hit A, then hit X to confirm. It would be very difficult to do that by accident.

You can update EmuNAND to 11.2 using 3DNUS to grab 11.2 (type in 11.2.0-35U for the USA version, for example, it would be E for European and J for Japanese), place the downloaded updates in a folder on the card named "updates" (no subfolders, the .cia files have to be in "updates" itself), and use SysUpdater to update it.

Actually, you can update all but 6 titles to 11.6 if you want to -- NATIVE_FIRM, GSP_Services, NWM_Services, Home_Menu (this can be updated to the version in 11.3, which was also in 11.4, but the ones released in 11.4 for the N2DS and 11.5 broke the select menu), SNOTE_AP, and NS system-module (those last two only have to be kept at 11.2 on the O3DS for some reason). I would list the titles, but, some differ by region, others by hardware type, so, it's probably best to just give you the names and let you look them up with this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  13. 4
    morocco1

morocco1 Loyal Member

Hi LupinIII

Thanks for collating all of this into one pack, it's helped me muddle through a restoration of my B9S / Luma installation after an accidental update to 11.6 while in Gateway mode.

However, I'm stuck now! I've successfully managed to create an EmuNAND on 9.2E, however I cannot boot Gateway - holding the B button shows the dragon image, but then the screen goes black and the console hangs. I've confirmed that the 9.2 EmuNAND is working correctly by loading it on its own.

I assume this is due to there being an issue with either the Loader.dat or the Gateway payload not being correct for use on 9.2, however unfortunately my understanding is not great enough to work this one out. I've tried also to update to 11.2E but 3DNUS crashes due to an "unhandled exception" without completing the download, and as above, I cannot run Gateway to cart update, so I'm stuck at this point. Any advice?

TIA

14. 4
    morocco1

morocco1 Loyal Member

ARGH

So I read somewhere I could (that's could, not "must") press L+Select as soon as the dragon appears, and it would load the Gateway boot menu, so I tried that, and it did indeed load the menu, so I tried selecting "Boot GW mode"... and it works! :D

The only further question I have is... is it possible to configure to skip the pressing L+Select to boot the GW menu, and then select Boot GW Mode to boot GW+EmuNAND and just have it boot straight into this mode by default? That's what I was expecting to happen, to be honest, hence my impression that it "wasn't working"!. Not a dealbreaker if it's not possible, I'm just grateful to have been able to recover access to GW mode...

Cheers!

15. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

GW is supposed to boot into GW mode with EmuNAND by default. I'm not sure why it would not be, or why selecting it manually from the menu fixed it. Maybe it has something to do with how the EmuNAND is formatted or something? Or it may have something to do with it being on 9.2 possibly. I'm also surprised that 3DNUS isn't working. I've seen some releases that were unstable before, but the 3.2 nightly has been working well for me. So, I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. But I'm glad you found a way to get it to work at least.

16. 4
    morocco1

morocco1 Loyal Member

The EmuNAND is on 11.2 now - managed to get the update CIAs and used Sysupdater to update it. I can tell you exactly how I got to where I am though.

I had 11.2 SysNAND only + Gateway, which I got from following the 3DS.Guide; at the time I followed it, it advised EmuNAND was no longer necessary (seems these things change every day?!), believe this was A9LH, which I later updated to B9S once it was available, so I went SysNAND only + GW. It was working great until I accidentally accepted an update while in GW mode, BAM! 11.6 Stock! I got hold of an R4i card and used the NTRBootHax to regain B9S install following the instructions in your pack (One and Done) and reinstalled Luma.

For some reason, despite following the instructions, the Homebrew Loader didn't load when opening DL Play (DL Play loads normally) - I thought that was odd, but I don't need it as because I already previously had Luma, I already had FBI injected into the H&S app on SysNAND, which was still working. I then used GM9 to format the SD card with an EmuNAND, which gave me an 11.6 EmuNAND, which I downgraded to 9.2 by restoring my NAND backup.

I installed Sysupdater on SysNAND, for some reason it was also available in EmuNAND (normally installing on SysNAND doesn't install on EmuNAND too?)... which is lucky, because I can't inject FBI into my EmuNAND H&S for some reason?! I tried opening H&S straight after restoring the EmuNAND, and it said it couldn't be loaded; I then tried injecting the FBI using the CIA and GM9, and the H&S app disappeared. So I restored the H&S app using GM9, and it came back working properly as the H&S app. Tried injecting again, and it said it could not be loaded. Tried injecting again, without restoring this time, and the app disappeared completely again. Not sure if there's some conflict or if the version of FBI I was using is incorrect (Just used the latest CIA version mounted in GM9?). As it stands, I don't know any way to install CIAs in EmuNAND. I'm not sure where that leaves installing DLC, if I install it using CIAngel on SysNAND, it will go to my SD card - can GW read that? It manages to read my game saves from the SysNAND partition of the SD no problem, but my real concern is that I also can't use JKSM or PKSM because I have those apps installed on SysNAND, but no way to get them available on EmuNAND - which kind of means I'm stuck using GW as I can't convert my saves (not a big issue at present, I like GW, it's convenient).

I've tried using both GWLoader and Gateway firms as B-button payloads, both result in the dragon appearing, but then a black screen appears unless I press L+Select. I've clearly got it set up correctly as otherwise it wouldn't load at all, even when I manually select Boot GW Mode, but there seems to be some issue. I don't have Luma configured to Boot EmuNAND by Default (should I?). As above, it's not a deal-breaker, just wondering what possible reasons there could be for it happening, and what I could do to fix it, as there's a couple of odd issues (the EmuNAND H&S app, no Homebrew Loader on DL Play) that suggest all is not as it should be.

I've only ever followed the 3DS.Guide to do any hacking as I haven't got much clue what's going on under the hood, but I'm good at following instructions! The only time I've gone off-piste was to restore my backed-up NAND to EmuNAND, and then update it, as I couldn't find a guide to do that anywhere, but GM9 / Sysupdater was fairly self-explanatory.

17. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

OK, that is odd. I wonder if it could be the fact that it was formatted with GM9 instead of GW? Was it formatted as minimum or full size? Hopefully it's not a sign the card is failing or something. Or maybe it's the size of the card? I've heard of some strange issues occurring when people go over 128 GB especially. If your card is 128 GB or less, you might try reformatting with GW's own software. I've decided that's the best way to do it when the software can handle the card. If the card is just too big to format with GW, you might want to use GM9's manual option and specify legacy size (1 GB for O3DS, 2 GB for N3DS).

If things from one NAND are showing up on the other, the NANDS are probably linked. In that case, you could probably just use the "Ticket Sync Scripts" to synchronize content between SysNAND and EmuNAND if you want to. Just run the one that goes from SysNAND to EmuNAND and everything should show up on your EmuNAND. The scripts pretty much just copy "ticket.db" back and forth. I'll be expanding on that next release with a full set of ticket management options (backup and restore). Not to mention doing away with uncompiled scripts thanks to the unofficial branching options (I've got everything crammed into 3 SSRs now -- Settings, Options, and NAND Manager, well, 5 counting the existing Sighax Updater and Cakes Launcher). I'm hoping GM9 will make the branching options official soon. Still, I need to get a new release out, so I might not be able to wait for that.

Regardless, you should NOT need injection to install CIAs as long as you can boot into GW mode. DevMenu and BBM are available as ROMs. So is FBI for that matter. You should be able to launch all of these from the red cart.

18. 4
    morocco1

morocco1 Loyal Member

Those transf
    Ticket Transfer scripts worked a treat - thanks!

So now I have a working FBI / JKSM on my EmuNAND, which gives me the safety net of being able to backup and convert my saves games if needed, so I can live with the weird issue of having to press L+Select for the time being. Everything's working pretty much as well as it was before my unfortunate update accident, so thanks for the help and the AIO pack.

I used GM9 to format the NANDs - they should be unlinked now as I formatted SysNAND without a card in because having to re-open the installed CIAs every time was annoying me. Didn't seem to stop the sync tickets from working which is great. I'd actually forgotten about BBM and DevMenu, didn't realise they were still actively being used!

19. 38
    Billyme

Billyme Loyal Member

Im on firmware 11.0.0 and i have gateway which i start through the web page. My emunand is on 9.0. What is the guide to install cfw and when i turn on my ds to run gateway automatically?