hit tracker

Install M33 On Slim - Complete Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by LouNGeR, Sep 10, 2007.

1. 1,100
    ibawanzingee

ibawanzingee Loyal Member

@ LouNGeR: G-r-r-r-reat tutorial, man! VERY informative and thorough. Thank you for putting the time into this!

2. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

You obviously didn't read the Pandora's Battery readme. Or you have no idea how Pandora works. :p

Thanks, and no problem. :D

3. 0
    gregsid

gregsid Guest

Still need help.
    I'm up to the part where I have to run the Pandora's Battery Firm installer. Every time I try running it, it keeps telling me "Cannot read updater file" and then exits out.
    I've followed all steps exactly.
    Also just to be sure, I'm supposed to be doing all this pandora stuff on the fat one right?
    And to answer any questions this is what I'm using.
    "fat" PSP with darkAlexs 3.40 OE-A firmware installed
    4gb SD pro card
    And the reason I'm doing this is to set up my new slim psp with the M33 360 firmware.

4. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

I've actually created Pandora's Battery on 3.40 OE-A a couple days ago, this went fine.
    Make sure UPDATE.PBP is on the ROOT of the Memory Stick.
    Which should be official 1.50 Eboot

5. 3
    heidalloon

heidalloon Loyal Member

Alright, I've done everything for to make my battery a Pandora's battery. So I put it into my slim psp and it turns on automatically like it should, but when I press x to upgrade to cfw, nothing happens. I've waited for minutes at a time and the system still does not shut off.

Also, will I still be able to use my memory stick after this is finished?

Whenever I try to do mspformat, it just says Pseudo Format not necessary. I'm using Windows XP.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  6. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

You will be able to use the memory stick after it is finished.

The message that MSPFormat displays doesn't seem negative if you would ask me.

Just go over the steps again, like, doing it all over, then try again.
    If possible, try another memory stick, also make sure you have a battery that is confirmed working with Pandora, AND make sure you are trying to flash a PSP with FW 3.60.

7. 0
    1faisal1

1faisal1 Guest

what abt psp 3.71

what abt the psp's with firmware 3.71... will this work for them?

8. 0
    JacKz5o

JacKz5o Guest

Nice Guide. FAQ-full.

9. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

The answer is at ONE post above yours :rolleyes:

10. 0
    1faisal1

1faisal1 Guest

LouNGeR

Hi thanks for the informative guide:).........too bab fw3.71 on slim cannot be downgraded yet:(
    thank again;)

11. 0
    SONgaska

SONgaska Guest

thanks guys

I finally got it to work that night. dont ask me how ;) I prayed alot. i did find that i needed to name the GAME150 folder "game" or "Game" for programs to work/become readable, and it WAS case sensitive. thanks guys for your great help

12. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    Oh okay, so service mode works but the files on the stick are made for 3.60 PSPs, so if someone made a pandora boot thing for 3.70 it could till be done.

And yeah, your right, unbrick to 1.5, what was I thinking, well you could atleast use Pandora to go back to 3.60!

I guess 3.60 is the new 1.5

13. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

Yes, the new 3.7x will likely use the same method.

You can't, it a flasher, not a downdater/unbricker.

Far from it, 3.60 needs to be altered to make it Homebrew Enabled, 1.50 only requires KXploit which then delivers low-level hardware access without boundaries.

14. 0
    Silen5er

Silen5er Guest

Guys..needs advise here..is there any way...Dark Alex will release a downgrader tool for people that r stuck with 3.71 firmware, I hope DA is reading it as I jnow that he will be going off for good....whatever it is....hope that he will reconsider his decision...hat off to DA....

15. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

Read his post, specificly this part
    Ofcourse we don't know if it's an allround unbricker or just for 3.60/3.71

16. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    SOmeone could make a downgrader or a unbricker (like so said in the post above

I was making a bad comparsion, everyone goes back to 1.5 as its the first hackable firmware, so 3.60 is the first firmware for slim and its hackable...

17. 12
    BRUV

BRUV Loyal Member

Thanks for putting up this guide and thanks to all that contributed to making this possible.

It was all smooth sailing.. the only problem I had was with this step..

When I put the apps in this folder it did not show up. Others have had the same problem and I read the recommendation of renaming GAME150 to GAMEXXX where XXX is the number of your custom firmware.

I was actually on 3.40 OEA, and tried putting them in the GAME340, the apps would show up, but with the addition of corrupted data apps.

After fiddling around the working combination for me was 3 Game Folders:
    - GAME
    - GAME150
    - GAME340

Having put all the apps (Pandoras battery, M33, etc) GAME150, the apps showed up and Ran fine just as the guide said it would. The GAME and GAME340 folders were left empty.

Just one observation, I actually used a seperate memory stick for creating pandoras battery and the magic m.stick. I made the bcakup1 and backup2.

I restored the FAT battery as described using the L+R buttons, but when I put my original memory stick back in, the FAT psp would not start up.

I got around it by copying the KD folder on my original memory stick (not the magic) and the psp started up fine.

For all new memroy sticks which I wish to use with the fat psp and pandora-ised battery, will they all need the KD backup loaded onto it??

And are the KD folders unique to the PSP/BATTERY? In other words do I need to keep the backups for as long as I use the psp with the pandora-ised battery?

Again MANY THANKS
    :)

18. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

No the battery is independant from the Memory Stick.
    In fact, I think the battery will never change since their is only one way to do it (writing serial 0xFFFFFFFF).
    As it works at the moment, the KD folder must always be there, Pandora for the Fat writes a complete new firmware, the current Slim version only moddiffies a few files, so the Slim version probably doesn't need the complete KD folder.
    I don't recommend removing anything though.

19. 241
    irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy Loyal Member

Can someone please help me? I did all the files, got the battery and stick set and they seem to be okay. Added the four files from the pandora package where they are supposed to be, the two files from the M33 package, put the 150 update in the root (renamed as in the faq), and the 340 and 350 in the pandora_slim file (tucked away in the GAME150 file with its friends). Ran the battery creator, which said it was good to go.

Then I popped the whole mess into my shiny new slim and . . . nothing. The power light comes on when I insert the battery, but after pressing x it doesn't shut off. I tried pressing o instead (Japanese model), but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?????? Please help! I've looked forward to my slim for ages, and now I can't get it going. I could cry.

NVM!!!! Apparently, one I learned how to frickin' READ, it all worked out for me. Probably could have been done in 10 minutes if it wasn't for the DOS HELL. Anyway, thanks and gratitude to the creator of the FAQ and those who have been helping the those of us who are thwomped by computer tech stuff through the whole thread. Some of those posts helped a lot.

Now, on to 3.71 M33!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  20. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    yeah u know how you keep a backup of the KD folder if you wanna use it for a phat PSP, well here it says to backup KN, I assume thats a mistake?