hit tracker

Install M33 On Slim - Complete Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by LouNGeR, Sep 10, 2007.

1. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    3.60 M33 dont have it either, a 1.5 kernel for fat will be realeased soon, it doesnt look like slim can do 1.5...

If you have a slim ur outta luck, if fat use Pandora's Battery to go back to 1.5 or you can try, run program at.... from recovery mode.

2. 40
    earltuner

earltuner Loyal Member

thanks for your fast response realg187 im trying to get back to 1.5 now using a new program. Hope it works :)

3. 38
    z3phyrantes

z3phyrantes Loyal Member

Can you tell me what is brick..i'm confuse..
    if the psp dont show anything, just black screen and the power led on for awhile then shut. what do you call that?

4. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    In the text u quoted I have a link to brick, if ur PSP is like as you say it is a brick, I was wrong, I got confused, you said Brick Slim and I though you meant brick as in like Big PSP as there is Nintnedo DS Lite (Which I hate) and Nintendo DS Brick which refers to the bigger one. I got confused when I seen the word brick and sli together, subliminally I thought wtf Brick and Slim dont sound right, as you cant have a brick that is slim,that's like saying Big Little Thing or Wise Fool, two oposites, Paradox (my Favorite Paradox is Microsoft Works because Microsoft Doesnt work!)

But anyways you werent talkng about the size of ur PSP but rather the technical term brick, which you are right on!

5. 27
    BobelVago

BobelVago Loyal Member

I did everything correctly, and yet pressing X when installing the M33 3.60 does nothing..

What step did i miss/ do incorrect?

(i redid this whole thing 3 times, and always get the same problem)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
  6. 275
    sector-chan

sector-chan Loyal Member

how can i backup the nand from the slim if i dont see anything? can i backup the nand from 3.60 m33 slim?

7. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:

There is no menu, this was confusing I read and it said you will see nothing on the screen but I thought they meant just like on phat cuz for the first 5 seconds u didnt see anything either!

As far as I know the M33 readme should say the options.

Can someone copy and paste the readme, I have it on my laptop and dont wanna download the entire M33 package on this public machine just for the readme!

8. 0
    Electricview

Electricview Guest

so far the only thing i've noticed that could be possibly clearer (and you may disagree) is this line:

(1-1-L) Copy "msipl.bin" from the stick to the "msinst" folder of the Pandora package.

At first it hought it meant copy the msipl.bin from the memory stick INTO the pandora package ON the memory stick you may want to say something like

(1-1-L) Copy the newly created "msipl.bin" from the memory stick to the "msinst" folder of the Pandora package located on your hard drive.

9. 0
    DerekTGreen

DerekTGreen Guest

Tool Pandora

I have a PSP slim 3.71OFW and don't have access to a homebrew fat PSP. I'm thinking of purchasing a Tool Pandora battery but would still need the memory stick.

My Question. Can and how do I get the files needed to make the Pandora memory stick? I really want CFW on my PSP.

10. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

You are right, I'll change it ;)

You have already stated what you don't have, and that's exacly what you need, a Fat PSP (or a Slim with CFW)

11. 0
    triedntrue

triedntrue Guest

help on error when running Pandora's Battery Firm. Installer

hi der, when i run the Pandora's Battery Firm. Installer on the psp(step 1-1-I)
    i get a "The game could not be started.(8002014C)" error. any suggestions
    to fix this? ive already tried it on 2 different 1GB mms pro duo. still no go.

edit: finally got it working! i made a mistake of updating the fat psp's firmware. so when i downgraded it to 1.50 and followed the guide. it went great from der. thanks for d guide!:D amazing!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  12. 0
    cloud7sama

cloud7sama Guest

Ffcc Psp

will this work on any slim psp? I have a FFCC PSP which is a japanese imported psp...will this still work on it?

13. 3
    aiza

aiza Loyal Member

msinst.exe error !

hey everyone,

just got a PSP slim recently and i tried installing 3.60 M33 on it but i keep getting this error, I'm up to this part:

CD "C:\Pandora's Battery\msinst"
    msinst.exe X msipl.bin

It will ask "Are You Sure ?[Y]", type 'y' and press enter.
    You now have created the original Magic Memory Stick

this is the error i keep getting (see picture):

can somebody help me pls!

14. 54
    mauaus

mauaus Loyal Member

Windows Vista or XP?

15. 3
    aiza

aiza Loyal Member

windows XP!

16. 56
    QuePaso

QuePaso Loyal Member

Want to thank you for this guide. Got a Slim Core unit, came with 3.6, had 3.6 M33 on it in no time. I am running 3.71 now and works great. Thanks for the great guide.

17. 3
    aiza

aiza Loyal Member

never mind ! I just figured it out! Woohoo! Thxz for great guide :D

18. 9
    liamliam

liamliam Loyal Member

^ I'm having the same problem you were. What did you do to resolve it??

Thanks!

19. 12
    BRUV

BRUV Loyal Member

i've got a slight problem with my 3.60 M33 - ised slim psp.

When I connect to my PC using USB, my PC seems to think I've only got a 9MB Memory stick!?!

I've tried with both a 2GB and 4GB memory stick in the slim, and its the same thing.

I've formatted the memory sticks in the downgraded slim, but it makes no difference, and the folders are not visible on my pc when connected via USB.

However, when I browse the games section on the slim psp, the psp itself does say I've got something like 3800MB free.

Also when I put both the memory cards in my FAT psp, all the folders are visible and the size of the card is as expected..

Any ideas of how to resolve? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  20. 11
    gingergool

gingergool Loyal Member

This Guide is awsome just like all the others. Followed it Step by Step and my partner now has a Pink Jap PSP slim with the cool functions that M33 allow.