hit tracker

Install M33 On Slim - Complete Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by LouNGeR, Sep 10, 2007.

1. 9
    liamliam

liamliam Loyal Member

weeee

Woooooooot! I finally got it to work. Thanks for the guide, I never would have gotten anywhere at all without it! And thanks to the rest of you that helped via their responses to other people's issues here.

I also wanted to state what I was doing wrong and how I finally got it working in case anyone else had the same issue as myself. Try as I might, I just could not get the mspformat to work and still have my card reader recognize the card. So I ended up having to format in other ways (psp format, manual format, dos promot format as someone quoted earlier here).

It turns out that none of these worked when it came to the msinst program. I never got the Y prompt.

What I finally ended up doing is using the psp through the usb conection. Using this I was able to use the mspformat program and still read my card afterwards to move forward in the steps. From this point on everything worked perfect as it should.

Also I noticed the card was readable in my non laptop pc too. It was just this one reader that didn't read it. So many some card readers don't work with the format the program puts the card in? Also, to get the mspformat to work, I had to first format the card using the PSP XMB.

It's all working perfectly now. Very happy with the sliim, and I'm glad I have everything working as I had on my psp1000 now. Thanks again!

2. 0
    firethenoob

firethenoob Guest

ty it worked

3. 43
    zoglog

zoglog Loyal Member

if we did this to get 3.6 on the slim, do we need a fat psp again to repeat this same process to get the M33-2 3.71 on the psp?

4. 1
    soxx

soxx Loyal Member

hello! I am a new player of the psp and i would like to install the firmware m33 but I can't download the firmware on link given in another topic can you help me please? (sorry for my english :p (i am french), i hope you will be able to understand what i mean).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
  5. 0
    Silen5er

Silen5er Guest

I just let my fren upgrade my firmware to 3.71 M33, and then, I was reading there is an update to version 2 of 3.71 M33 for psp slim. As a total n00b, needs an expert advise here, weather I still need to use the pandora battery to upgrade to version 2 of 3.71 M33. i do appreciate if someone can provides link for the details instruction on the upgrade for v2. Please advise. Thank You

6. 1
    peterwhiteguy

peterwhiteguy Loyal Member

Thanks

Very easy instructions and a noob like myself had absolutely no issues ...

7. 0
    cradledreams

cradledreams Guest

"A "slim" PSP running firmware 3.60, it is NOT possible to install this on a higher firmware version!"

Im going to buy a PSP slim preety soon, are new PSP slims coming with a higher version????? and if they are anyway to downgrade?? thanks

8. 4
    Kuraiholy

Kuraiholy Loyal Member

am I boned?

I've been reading around and I really can't find an answer. I have a PSP Slim, and it's upgraded to I think 2.71...which means it's over the cutoff version for upgrading. It's all factory, is there any way to downgrade? I read the downgrading topics but didn't see any info on that...am I just boned?

9. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

You should read before asking:
    ;)

Why do French people always apologize for their English gramar?
    • (1) Why would you even give a damn if other people don't like it, are you ashamed of yourself?
    • (2) Does being French mean that you cannot speak English? Ow wait that's right, they refuse to use a foreign language in any media or whatever, so no one grows up with the English language around them.
    • (3) Your English is fine btw, you make yourself perfectly understandable ;)
    Sorry for my big rant, I had to get it off my chest because I think it's annoying to always read that (ugh, even Dutch people do it, shame!).

On to your comment, you either mean that the download link for 3.60 does not work, or the one for 3.71 does not work. If you're talking about the 3.60 link in this guide, it works fine, if you're talking about 3.71, I cannot help you, this guide is about 3.60 and the Pandora battery only.

You are bashing this topic you know that right? But hey, this is the easiest thing ever. Just drop the Update 2 into /PSP/GAME/, run the update, press X, done.

This guide is telling you that you can only install 3.60 M33 onto 3.60 firmware. There are already ways to slam M33 onto 3.71 PSP Slims, read the front-page. :eek:
    Downgrading is not possible, UNLESS you have a NAND backup of, let's say, 3.60, you could write that with the new tools onto the PSP, regardles of firmware.

You probably haven't read enough, see my answer to the above quote.

Both of you should really read this: Dark_Alex releases PSP Slim & Phat Unbricker v2

10. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    I got mine ASAP and had 2.60.

I think then it was the highest firmware, there will be a downgrader for slim PSP via Pandora.

11. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

Yeh but not to downgrade to 3.60 because there's no eboot of it. Then it should be done the same way as they did with the 1.00 downgrader.

12. 157
    Turbohog

Turbohog Loyal Member

Hey. I have a problem installing 3.60 m33 on the psp. I got to step (1-2). After that, I put in the pandora battery and the Magic Memory Stick in the slim. It turned on. I didn't realize I was supposed to press X, because I hadn't read it yet. I took the battery out. I read it and realized what I was supposed to do and put the pandora battery and the magic memory stick back in. I pressed X, but nothing happens. I left it for an entire minute and it did nothing? What should I do?
    P.S. PSP fat firmware is 1.5, slim's is 3.60, and I used a Memory Stick Pro Duo with 2 Gigabytes.

I'd appreciate it if you got back to me soon as this is my friend's fat psp and I only have it for a short time!

13. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    There is no 3.60 ebbot? Why, becuase 3.60 was only for slim PSPs and since they came with 3.60 then there is no need to make an update eboot?

How does the 1.00 DG work? I never did it, what I did do was install Casual and then spoof as 1.00 which is pointless as games that force update that need 1.5 wont even work, is there a difference other than 1.00 dont need KXploit, but then again if I have Casual I dont need to worry about that as Casual or the KXploit permanent patch does the exact same thing!

Please reply to this topic somebody!
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=81409

14. 1
    animalbr81

animalbr81 Loyal Member

This tutorial works on PSP Slims bought on China? I've got one here and it does not work. I push X and nothing happens(the memory stick led stays off).

15. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    And another question, why does this need the 3.40 and 3.50 eboots? Does 3.60 M33 use code fom 3.40 or 3.50? For what?

16. 0
    peekie

peekie Guest

I have been trying this for 2 days , copied the required files and when i put in the sd card and fat batt and press the x it just does nothing the green light stays on forever and when i check it it still has the original 3.60 firmware , any ideas where i could be going wrong or has the psp been upgraded as there are 2 models 2003 and 2004 , i have the 2004 version

17. 0
    Electricview

Electricview Guest

Woo hoo it worked!!! :)

I would just like to add one thing for some people... I did this with 3.10OE on my fatty psp.. At first it WOULD NOT list the pandora programs or anything it would only say "there is no game" the reason for this is, i only had a GAME150 folder, for some reason on 3.10OE it wont see what is inside the GAME150 folder unless you have a GAME folder (it can bt empty) created with it.. likewise if you instead create only a game folder and put all the things that are supposed to be in GAME150 into it, it also then lists them , but i wasn't sure if any of the pandora stuff's i was running were looking specifically in a GAME150 folder, so i stayed on the safe side of things and simply create an empty GAME folder inside the PSP folder..

so basically i had GAME and GAME150 inside the PSP folder, but i was using GAME150 as the guide instructed. Everything worked fine.. Tho the first time i turned on my psp after restoring the pandora battery it just sat on a black screen, so i removed my mem stick and restarted the psp and all was well! the new one works great!! THANKS!

18. 0
    SAVVAS12

SAVVAS12 Guest

I totally agree with electricview. I have 3.40 OE and I have to create a GAME FOLDER IN ORDER TO RECOGNIZE THE GAME150 AND THE APPS,WHICH CONTAINS! So this must take in account

19. 0
    peekie

peekie Guest

i have tryed everything now even the easy installer to make the battery and magic card but when inserted to my psp slim the green light goes on as discribed but when i press the x the green light just says on and nothing happens , the psp lite remains firmware 360 and not m33 as it should be any tips or ideas , my psp fat is using the 340 oe-a custom firmware.

20. 230
    smoky

smoky Loyal Member

I too used the easy installer, and got nothing but the green light and black screen. This is what I did to fix it:

1] You need to cut and paste MSIPL.BIN (it should be on the MS) to a file on your pc.

2] Copy MSINST.EXE (Its comes with the files in the pandora rar. If you don't have it get it). Put this file in the same file as MSIPL.BIN

3] Open a command prompt on your pc (Start+run+cmd)

4] Drag MSINST.EXE to prompt line, then (space) write letter of your psp driver (space) then drag over MSIPL.BIN hit enter. Then "Yes". Hit enter again. When done recopy MSIPL.BIN, back to MS. Now your done.

If this is not clear, look at this noob guide:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=76092

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007