hit tracker

Install M33 On Slim - Complete Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by LouNGeR, Sep 10, 2007.

1. 32
    Ragevx1

Ragevx1 Loyal Member

Ok, I just tried the "Pandorized" battery and memory stick....

I put it into the PSP Slim, the PSP turns on when i pluck in the battery (Memory stick is already in), the screen is blank, I press "X" but the PSP doesn't turn off after a few seconds... so i'm assuming theres a problem somewhere.... would anyone kindly help me?

2. 32
    Ragevx1

Ragevx1 Loyal Member

And another question related to this guide (I'm sorry for being such a hassle, but I really want to hack this)

Step: (2-1-F)

Quote from guide:

"If you want to make the Magic Memory Stick to work again for the "fat" PSP, just put back the "KD" folder that you backed up earlier."

Does that mean that if the memory stick is "Pandorized" that file should not be on the memory stick anymore? Cause the KD folder is still on my memory stick

Also if the KD is still on the memory stick, I can format it and restart from scratch? Cause I think I made a mistake somehow... and also i'd like to know as of step 1-1-P... does it have ANYTHING to do with the memory stick? (something like, I never made the memory stick would step 1-1-P work?)

So ...

Question #1: is KD folder suppose to be on the stick if the memory stick is pandorized

Question #2: if the KD folder is in the memory stick, can I just format it and restart from scratch?

Question #3: Does creating the Pandora Battery require the memory stick to be pandorized?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  3. 230
    LouNGeR

LouNGeR Loyal Member

Question #1: It depends on how you see what pandorized means. In case of a full pandora "Magic Memory Stick", the KD folder is suppose to be there.
    If you say "Pandorized" and meaning a MS with custom IPL, then the KD folder could be there, or not.

Question #2: Sure, why not. The KD folder is the actual part that was created with the "Pandora Installer" EBOOT.

Question #3: No, there are no dependencies while creating any of them. When using them however, the MS does depend on the pandorized battery.

I know this guide is pretty solid and a very good read for people who are working on a newly bought Slim, and want to do everything by themselve in detail. However, as stated before, this guide is NOT the way to go if you want to do it the quick and easy way.
    Hacking a Slim with the methods being used at this moment is much more reliable and MUCH less hassle. (only action is copying files. PSP does MS IPL, Pandora Battery and writing CFW alltogether)

4. 32
    Ragevx1

Ragevx1 Loyal Member

Thank you for the quick reply, also it just came up after your answers,

Should the memory stick light be flashing if installing (after pressing X) because when I pressed X the memory stick light was not blinking, it was only the green light to show it was powered... if not flashing (memory stick indicator) could it be/is it a syndrome of the memory stick not working or not installing?

And can making the memory stick be just powered with the AC adapter, or is a battery required to make the Magic/Pandora Memory stick?

Question #1
    If the memory stick light is not flashing after/before pressing X at final step, could it be a syndrome of the memory stick not working properly or not installing? (on slim)

Question #2
    Can creating the magic/pandora memory stick be powered by the AC Adapter/Charger

(reason for this question is because the battery is pandorized and will turn on automatically (with nothing on-screen)... if not possible I'll probably use the original fat psp battery.)

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  5. 32
    Ragevx1

Ragevx1 Loyal Member

Hi again...

I have a problem with this guide once again... its about "Pandora Firm Installer" thing...

when I load it, and press the "cross (x)" button, it says

"Cannot read Updater file"

I have done the whole memory stick process once (but it didn't work)... maybe it didn't work because of step 1-1-C (i kind of skipped it)... (didn't want to work) but I went thru without step 1-1-C the first time... so now I tried the whole memory stick process again when i get to step 1-1-J (without skipping any step) the Updater won't be read...

So are there any possible solutions? Is the memory stick finished (dead) because I did it once.. and it cannot be done twice?

the (FAT) PSP was on 1.50 kernel and has 3.71 M33

and the 2 previous question have been answered (previous post)

Thank you for the help,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  6. 32
    Ragevx1

Ragevx1 Loyal Member

so... no one knows?

7. 1
    cruisx

cruisx Loyal Member

Ok so i tried it, but there is a problem. I ran the installer in the slim but when i press X, it restarts but it dosen't change the firmware. Any help?

8. 4
    PZLX123AS

PZLX123AS Loyal Member

Saving Data Problem

hello,

i have done the update but have a problem

when i try to save data on the games i play it says that it doesnt dectect a memory card in the slot any ideas on how to fix this

9. 1
    Xeramus

Xeramus Loyal Member

I have a strange problem. I get all the way to the step where I have to enter the DOS prompt and use it to run the Msinst with the msipl.bin that was created. I found the file path and everything okay, but when I hit enter to run the command it gives me this message

C:\>pandora\msinst\msinst.exe E msipl.bin
    PSP MS IPL Installer
    Load IPL code msipl.bin
    Can't open msipl.bin

not entirely sure how to fix this..I've made sure to follow all the steps, and put the files in the right location. can anyone help me with this?

10. 5
    cwn723

cwn723 Loyal Member

Free Money Online!!

GET FREE MONEY ONLINE FOR WATCHING 30 SECOND ATDVERTISEMENTS, I BOUGHT AN 8GB PSP MEMORY STICK/ ADAPTER WITH THE MONEY I MADE!!!

1. GO TO HTTP://BUX.TO
    2. CREATE A PROFILE THERE(BE SURE TO REFER CWN723)
    3. WATCH 30 SECOND ADDS AND GET PAID!!!

11. 13
    ZeroSix

ZeroSix Loyal Member

I am Lost

I have a fat PSP running on The 3.03 OE

I cant Play Games running 3.71 ? So I decide on a FW Update.

Now... Read and searched still to no avail.

IS M33 the solution? Please point me to a guide!

Tell me what i need to do!

Thanks!

12. 4
    dskelly1001

dskelly1001 Loyal Member

i already have ofw 3.90 on my psp. Is there any way to upgrade/downgrade to cfw?

13. 60
    biyong_88

biyong_88 Loyal Member

to someone who knows

I've got a psp fat w/ ofw 3.80 on it.
    I just wanna ask if I could upgrade to CFW 3.90m33 right away w/out getting it bricked from my current ofw or I should downgrade first???
    Pls someone help!!!
    -Just forget about the first post(above)
    I want to know now if ofw 3.90 will be dowgradable only w/ pandora and magic???
    Or someone is working on a program that can run on a pc so we can downgrade easily w/out any hassle of making jigkick kit

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  14. 2
    superdupergaz

superdupergaz Loyal Member

my psp version 3.60 need advice

i have a psp version 3.60.
    how do i transfer iso/cso from my computer to my psp, and what firmware do i need on my psp, where can i get it from? will it brick my psp ?
    could anyone help me, searched everywhere and still going round in circles.
    love some proffesional advice, thanks for your time in advance.

Superdupergaz

15. 0
    squall3031

squall3031 Guest

I also have a question about using pandora battery for Slim psp. Currently both my magic memory stick and pandora battery are able to downgrade phat PSP back to firmware 1.50. What do i need to do so that i can install CFW on slim? Do i just need to do the memory stick part?

16. 13
    ZeroSix

ZeroSix Loyal Member

Clarification

Let me rephrase: Basically If You ALready have a CFW, do you still have to go through all them steps by downgrading?

17. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    no just run the updates, you can isntall CFW from CFW or SOny's 1.5 or PB. If you already have CFW you dont need to be at 1.5 or use a jig...

18. 35
    commandergamma

commandergamma Loyal Member

i recently updated to 3.90 on psp slim, and i successfully made a pandora's battery, and a magic memory stick. the stick was setup to install 3.60 m33. unfortunately, it did not work cause the current firmware is 3.90. is there is anyway to get back to 3.60 so i can use my pandoras battery? also, is there just a link to the official 3.60 firmware that i can flash with the battery + magic mem stick?

19. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    use Des.Cemetery!!!

20. 2
    superdupergaz

superdupergaz Loyal Member

3.60 psp downgrade

im still non the wiser. whats a cfw or pb ?
    cheers