hit tracker

Install M33 On Slim - Complete Guide

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by LouNGeR, Sep 10, 2007.

1. 7
    emule2

emule2 Loyal Member

Thenx Man Nice Guide

2. 2
    fatskin08

fatskin08 Loyal Member

Very useful.. thanks for sharing this tutorial, I've bookmarked it for future refs.

3. 2
    Avi001

Avi001 Loyal Member

Installing 5.01M33 on a new Slim PSP 5.01

Do I need to install first version 3.6 before installing for the first time 5.01M33? Will be nice to include it in your detailed instructions.

4. 10
    klotue

klotue Loyal Member

I made a pandora batteri and a mms I get a green light and black screen when I put the batteri in as it should however the light turns of after just a second is this normal or did I do something wrong with the mms? I used psp pandora deluxe which failed to inject the ipl which I then used Rain's IPL & Memory Stick Tool 2.0 (IPL Injector, Extractor) to inject time machine ipl I think it was, should I have used some other ipl for a slim, or is there something else I have missed?

5. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Umh...:confused: Try to follow this guide.
    Super noob guide to making pandora battery and memorystick:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=76092

6. 9
    cjrenick

cjrenick Loyal Member

Thanks for the info!

7. 6
    dragonGOD

dragonGOD Loyal Member

Having trouble getting this to work with my FAT PSP running M33 5.0, none of the installers work, and they often don't even show up in the games list

8. 15
    zellyen

zellyen Loyal Member

I already bought a pandora battery, it is said to work for both fat and slim. do i still need to convert it to a slim battery? i dont get this part....

now, i know i need a magic mem stick can someone link me to a guide?

Do i just put both the magic mem + pandora batt in the slim psp and turn it on for the process to begin?

9. 5
    iJEANIUS87

iJEANIUS87 Loyal Member

thx for info

10. 74
    dsfanboy

dsfanboy Loyal Member

OK, so after reading about 10-12 pages of this very informative guide and discussion, here is my situation,

I have a phat PSP with 3.52 M33-4 installed on it, and I am in need of the pandora battery for both phat and slim. I have one spare phat battery that I wish to use as a pandora and leave it that way so I always have one.

So my question is, if I am to use just one phat battery as a pandora battery for both my phat and slim PSPs, can I make two different Magic Memory Sticks, one for phat and one for slim and use them separately without having to worry about modifying the battery each time I stick it in one of the two PSPs?

My other question is that if I do not wish to convert the pandora back to normal, how will I charge it to keep it healthy? Can I still use it as a normal battery in my PSP or will I need a standalone charger for it?

My one other question is can this guide be followed to install a newer cfw? or do we have to follow the guide exactly?

As always, informative and polite response to newbie questions is HIGHLY appreciated.

11. 3
    cbs

cbs Loyal Member

thanks

thanks dear

12. 3
    alexiit

alexiit Loyal Member

Hi,
    I already have a pandora battery.
    Can i just use it with this guide instead of converting one?????:confused::confused:
    Thanks

13. 3
    alexiit

alexiit Loyal Member

also isnt it just easier to use DCV8

14. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

If you already have the battery just use DC8 with the 5.00 and click your battery into your slim. It's the fast and easy solution.

Remember after that you can boot the recovery menu holding R when turning your psp on, go into Advanced and enable "Use M33 network update" then when you reboot you can use the network update feature with wifi to update to the latest m33 whenever needed.

15. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

The battery is universal it will work in your phat or slim with no modification needed, You can indeed make two different memory sticks. DC8 is also universal so you can just make a single Magic Memory Stick.

Just shove it in and charge it up, it will charge just like a regular battery, there's also software that allows you to use your pandora battery and use your psp as normal but im not aware of what its called. I think DC8 allows you to load an M33 firmware on fat without flashing it so maybe that's the easiest option.

You can just use DC8 and install M33 5.00 directly without the need to follow this guide, infact depending on the PSP slims firmware revision this threads guide may not even work (it was designed for 3.60 first batch slims)

So my advice: Use DC8 its universal (works on phat or slim) i will say though in caps and bold letters DO A NAND DUMP AND PERFORM A BACKUP FROM YOUR MEMORY STICK FIRST THIS WILL PROTECT YOU IN FUTURE
    Remember to keep you nand dumps safe, Well labeled and delete it from the stick before dumping another nand to prevent confusion, if worst comes to worst it will restore your psp and has saved numerous PSPs

16. 74
    dsfanboy

dsfanboy Loyal Member

Thanks for the answers! OK, my slim came in today, still has OFW version 4.05 --> please tell me this not bad news:confused: and I can install M33 on it? I'm gonna make a DC8 along with my Pandora if this PSP will work....

17. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

If your pandora with DC8 boots on it you're fine. :)

18. 2
    homertrix125

homertrix125 Loyal Member

19. 3
    toknanie

toknanie Loyal Member

hi guys,
    i have a 3.80 m33-5 system software can i upgrade it to a 5.00 M33-6
    my psp is slim. and if i can how do i do it. thanks.. hope you guys can help me on this one.

20. 1,401
    realg187

realg187 Loyal Member

Gangsta!!
    Home Page:
    http://geocities.com/gamesharkmike
    quit bumping outdated topics