hit tracker

iPhone 5S to get multiple screen sizes and colors

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Jan 2, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  1. 25,329
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    To be released in June this year

[​IMG]

Several reports said that the new Apple smartphone will be with us in June in at least, two screen sizes and a variety of colors to choose from

Another rumor on the new iPhone circus. This time, is BGR reporting what analyst Brian White said: New iPhone 5S will be available in June with 2 different screen sizes (3.5 and 4") and five colors to pick.

We have to wait to see if Brian is right or not.

NEWS SOURCE: iPhone 5s release date colors (via) BGR

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
      I would love to have a Metallic-Blue iPhone5 with 's' :eek:

Say whatever you wanna say, but when you hold an iPhone in your hands, you WILL "feel" the difference!
      That sexy Aluminum back :D
      Not like most cheap-plastic Androids...

I'm paying premium, I want something premium :rolleyes:

And the truth is, same Apps run much better on iOS compared to Androids, the OS is just more stable and optimized.
      The display is beautiful too, perfect for viewing videos and movies.

But people, just love to hate...anything

2. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      have i woke up in a world that apple have brain washed everyone.

why the feck do people keep buying these sh1t phones, half the sh1t apple advertise in the iphone 5 i was able to do on my iphone 4 via jailbreak years ago.

i think a law should be put in place to stop apple releasing expensive phones, then months later releasing a new one that has a few new features, which all could be done by software updates.

3. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Aye I feel the difference, it feels cheap and fragile as it's so light. The OS is archaic by technology standards, it's at best slightly more colourful and higher res version of what was on the old Symbian phones like the SE P1 back in about 2005. Simply put, WP has it beat on style and simplicity, especially the way it flows from screen to screen, and Android beats it on everything else style as well given it's real OS type wallpaper and theme options.

You may be paying premium but you are by no means getting it you are paying for a picture of an apple that is all, just like 99.9% of all apple products. You can get better for less, again like all nearly all apple products, with Android very easily and you aren't left with it needing to be hacked to get some hint of flexibility.

I know more than a few people who would only need an Advert that says "Buy the iPhone 5S it has pretty colours for you" to NEED to go get one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    4. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Well guys ^^

All I have to say is that "OMG look at ALL THOSE Android FEATURES, it can it can I can he can we can no jailbreak...blah blah"

All this is for childrens to brag about, im not a child anymore, I want something practical, something does what it is supposed to do in the best way possible (yeeaaah, I know, you will say Maps and sh*t)...

Just look at the revesible charger connector, THAT shows you what Apple is all about, Simple and Practical!

Yes, iOS IS limited, but just take a look at how Android OS performs, I had some high end Droids and they all kept hanging for no reason, I mean WTF, applications start on their own in the background and eat the RAM!! o_O Why?

WP, Toooo simple and easy to use UI > Very boring experience after a while, you can't say otherwise!

5. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net

6. 681
      Mr.Do!

Mr.Do! Loyal Member

Sound Designer
      Personally it doesnt matter to me what phone people like. More choices the better.

I just think people are not smart for buying a brand new iphone every single time one is released every six months.

Features, and astethics asides.. If the phones are so awesome.. Why do people need to upgrade more than once a year?
      I have more than 5 friends.. that own every iphone and ipad that come out.. But all cry poverty on a daily basis.. These are what we call problems these days...

I find all smart phones pretty damn functional right now.. Personally for me android is the more logical choice.. (i have zero experience with wp8 so i cant comment on it)

My droid doesnt not perform crappy. It runs really well, and doesnt hang.. The only time my phone hangs, is when I hack it and try to run custom roms and stuff that are buggy.. That is 100% my own doing.

7. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Yes you can argue that iOS was out first but it took android to deliver what iOS promised to deliver (if you read any of the pre-marketing campaign that tried to push the original iPhone down everyone's throats, most legit previews were less than impressed, it was the marketing campaign that tricked so many, myself included into getting one) . It's a joke that even tho Andoroid started out rough and a iOS had a head start, that it has managed to pull ahead of iOS in such a major fashion whereas iOS has barely moved on and pretty much only plays catch up with each release instead of pushing the boundaries. Infact the only real innovation for the phone was making a mainstream non stylus touch phone, and that was on the ultra gimped original iPhone. I have yet to use a similar to iPhone priced (or a fair bit lower for that matter) android device that doesn't run as well as an iPhone, but I have found plenty that offer far more and are capable of far more. Apple sell the iPhone claiming it's silver quality but that silver is better than gold, they charge you platinum prices but what you get is copper, good but not anywhere near as competent as advertised and most certainly not value for what you paid for it.

If you are happy with that then that's fair enough but don't try to convice those who have actually used the phones and it's fisher price OS that it's the reason why it does so well when we all know it's down to marketing and convincing the clueless that they need it, who then go on to try to delude themselves and others that now they have paid for it, it is better than it is so as to make themselves feel better. It's like console fanboys, all the aggression is based mainly on fear that they made the wrong choice so they try to big up their toy and belittle the other toys to make them feel better.

Me I'm happy with my WP7.8 phone, it's no more open than iOS if anything it's less so but it doesn't claim to be unlike iOS, it's nice and simple like iOS but it does it with modern style and slick design unlike circa 2005 Symbian clone GUI of iOS. I only want a phone with basic phone features, not a mobile app store that needs lots of extra apps to give the features of a low end Android phone, or better yet a low end pre-smart phone, and WP7.8 gives me that. If I want anything more than that I would go the Android root, to me an iPhone would be a downgrade either in slick simplicity or flexibility.

8. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

To be honest I am more interested in what a phone does have than what it doesn't (so long as it doesn't make like it's more than it is, my lumia 900 for instance may not be the bees knee's but it works as advertised), it has everything I need on a phone with no extra junk apps that so many seem impressed by the old "I can't do something simple like Bluetooth to a non iOS phone properly like old phones have been able to do for the best part of a decade but I can wave my phone around and make lightsabre noises". For me a phone is a phone first and a mobile app store absolutely last. Infact there are only 2 apps I would like for my phone that I miss form android, and that's a legit XBMC remote (so that it's free and I can guarantee it works) and TVCatchup as it's handy when I am stuck in the car waiting on the wench to finish her 2hr walk around Tesco.

With the linked kernel I suspect it won't be long before the apps start flowing. It took android and iOS a good 12+ months to get anything beyond gimics or apps that required you to pay for standard functions that were lacking in the OS, actually that said I did really enjoy monkey ball on my iPhone, funny that a game based on the old ball bearing maze games was the best thing for me on what was meant to be iPod Phone. Actually I'll go one step further the best thing about the phone was the dock I bought for it for the car didn't work as they had kept the socket but changed the pin layout so that it could potentially kill the phone, made me decide to bite the bullet and buy the only decent apple product, the 160GB iPod Classic, still the best apple device (infact I am a bit fanboy about it, and it is one of the few things I have that I would have to replace ASAP should it break, it's a real rarity for apple, a product that does as advertised very well and compared tot he competition is a decent price).

I'll be honest tho, I have no real problems with iOS or iPhones, as is they are perfectly fine, it's just the outlandish claims that are never delivered I dislike, not to mention smug Apple fanatics who think the apple logo makes all the difference. If Android continues the way it is with it's rapid improvements and manages to deliver the same slick experience than I get with WP, I may jump ship, tho for now WP7.8 is proving fine for me.

9. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

^ Just so that you know, I was not that big of a fan of iOS phones for more than 2 years, I had the 2G,3G,3GS and then jumped to Android ignoring the 4/4S, but here I am jumping back to Apples, that's because I realized that iOS is the right OS for me, at least on a smartphone, if we are talking about tablets, then Windows 8 is the one (Not the RT version of course!).

If you think Android is suitable for you, then that's good to hear! but no need to claim that iOS sucks just because it is limited in your opinion, I mean millions of people love it, I deal with iPhone users on daily basis and I can tell you now they LOVE it! and here you are trying to convince everyone that those people are brain washed, I mean are you serious?

Also you need to understand, iOS is more than enough for most "casual" users, and that's with all the limitation, Android is an over-kill OS filled up with gimmicky feature that will only be used once or twice, mostly to brag that this can do this... And just to clear it up, I never said Android sucks, Its just for me, I feel that it is unstable for daily usage.

WP, I have a Lumia 800 collecting dust currently, that should tell you something :O

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013