hit tracker

Is GW usable on a New 2DS XL?

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by AlcuZan, Dec 13, 2017.

1. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

So i know how to make GW work on a New 3DS XL. How about the New 2DS XL though? It comes with 11.4 minimum so the sysupdater method I used for the n3ds cannot work because it requires 11.2. Is there another way?

2. 12
    Little red riding hood

Little red riding hood Loyal Member

Gateway 3ds can't work on 3ds firmware version higher than v9.2, let alone the new 2ds xl with v11.4. Sky3ds+ and Stargate 3ds will support 3ds games on your device.

3. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

Thanks for the answer, but you are wrong. There is a way. I can tell anyone who is interested.

4. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

No there really isn't. You would have to downgrade. And if you don't follow the instructions exactly you wind up with a brick. Plus I dont know if there is any actual downgrade available for 11.4.

5. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

You're wrong too. I am telling you there is a way. Here it is:

First thing to notice is that you need a 3ds that already has an EmuNAND with GW compability. Without it, you can't setup GW on a N2DSXL. Personally, I used my old New 3DS XL (EmuNAND on 11.6).
    In the following I will call my old device (the N3DSXL) source console, and the new device target console (N2DSXL).
    1. Create an EmuNAND on the target console (I used Emunand9 for this)
    2. Open Decrypt9 on the source console, go to EmuNAND Options -> CTRNAND transfer -> Dump transferable CTRNAND
    3. Put the dumped CTRNAND file onto the target console's SD Card (files9 folder)
    4. Open Decrypt9 on the target console, go to EmuNAND Options -> CTRNAND transfer -> Auto CTRNAND transfer
    5. Done! Now you have a 11.6 SysNAND with Luma and a working GW 11.6 EmuNAND!

6. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Yea but thats putting Luma on it first. There is no way to use the gateway card on an 11.6 console without cfw.

7. 1
    topgameplayer

topgameplayer Loyal Member

Try google it, there are many solutions for SKY3DS.

8. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

I didn't say anything about not needing CFW

9. 8
    Blueman

Blueman Loyal Member

Did you start this tread to ask for help or just wait for any response to tell them their wrong? What is the actual point of this thread? It seems to me you already have the answer your looking for so why ask the question in the first place?

10. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

Do I seriously have to answer this? Isn't it completely obvious that I hadn't found a way yet when I created this thread?

11. 8
    Blueman

Blueman Loyal Member

Well, everyone tells you there isn't a way and you tell them they are wrong, so that normally means you know how to. Then you put a step-by-step method of how to do something (assuming it's correct and actually works, one would figure its related to the topic). So no, it's not completely obvious why you created this thread you smart ass.

12. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

Maybe you should compare the dates of the initial thread and the comments. Obviosly I found a way to make it work some time after creating this thread. When someone finally answered this thread, I had already solved the problem. It really is simple like that and completely obvious. I am not responsible for your inability to understand such a simple thing and you being disrespectful doesn't really help your case.

13. 8
    Blueman

Blueman Loyal Member

haha I'm the one telling everyone they are wrong and being disrepectful. That's fine. This is where we let this thread die and to me, it already has about 7 replies too many. Good luck with your endevours.

14. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Here is the problem AlcuZan. You found your answer and that is awesome. But when we say gateway doesnt work on 11.6 emunand we are talking base emunand here. We arent talking Luma, we arent talking b9s. We arent talking about any of those.

When you all of a sudden pop up and say there is a way its going to confuse people. No where in your post does it have the directions for getting Luma or various other cfw on there to get and use decrypt 9. So these people are going to buy a gateway and try to do all this stuff and then we all get hated on. You need to explicitly say what is what. Some people are very stupid and dont research before trying stuff.

GaryOPA likes this.
  15. 7
    AlcuZan

AlcuZan Loyal Member

While that is correct, me mentioning the sysupdater implies that of course I am using CFW. But you have a valid point, Cameron. People may see this thread and think that they don't need CFW for this. I did not consider that. I will edit the post where I explain the method.

Edit: For some reason I can't edit the post.

So for everyone reading this who wants to try my method:

You need to install a CFW such as Luma on both of your devices to make this work! And as I mentioned before, you need a working GW EmuNAND on the source console. I can provide a link to a tutorial where that gets explained, if need be (and if it is allowed).

Cameron likes this.
  16. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Thanks AlcuZan. Tutorial links are generally ok. The only links that generally aren't allowed are rom sites or direct rom links. If the tutorial is on a rom site its not allowed. Stuff like that.

Most of the long time users will know you need a cfw. But since we here are listed as the support forum those who are picking one up for the first time wont.