hit tracker

Is stargate 3DS a scam? Yes it is. Faulty card, no response from stargate, ever.

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Chris Kuefler, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Do you own a stargate 3DS cartridge that has functioned, with daily use, for more than 30 days?

This poll will close on Jan 12, 2019 at 4:51 PM.
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Mine broke on the first day/during the first week

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 3
    Chris Kuefler

Chris Kuefler Loyal Member

This is sort of a PSA, I have been scammed by stargate 3DS. I spent about $150 CAD to get a cartridge that worked for maybe a week or two, month at most.

I have since been ignored until my return window closed, and no response from any support whatsoever. I purchased my stargate 3DS direct from them, thinking resellers cause problems... well at least if I bought through a reseller I might have had someone respond about the faulty product or had the reseller try to replace it with a working one...

DO NOT BUY STARGATE 3DS, it is a product that is so crappy it can't last any longer than a few months, and early adopters like me were screwed by paying 3 times more than what they charge for it only a few months later.

Stargate 3DS is the biggest scam I have ever been tricked into buying, all the reviews made the product seem like a no-brainer for anyone that doesn't know how or doesn't like doing CFW, those reviewers were shills and paid to give glowing reviews for a faulty product. DO NOT BUY.

2. 25,322
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    They don't sell 'direct' -- Whom did you order the StarGate from, and when did you order it, and what country are you located in?

3. 3
    Chris Kuefler

https://stargate3ds.shop/stargate-3ds-for-all-games-on-3ds-2ds-xl.html

I thought I was buying it direct but that link is in the resellers list on their site for Canada resellers.

If you end up helping me fix this, I'm going to have to make a present to send you or something... I'm at my wits end, being broke and disabled means i cant afford to try buying again for a working cart.

4. 25,322
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    @Chris Kuefler

Can you send to me privately, like via PM or my email, more details like the purchase date and receipt or order no from this website, and your address it was shipped to, and I will get in touch with the reseller and see what can be done about this.

Thanks.

5. 26
    Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

Going with the title alone, Stargate was a scam right from the start. I am shocked anyone was dumb enough to believe the Gateway team wouldn't rip them off (btw Stargate is made by the Gateway team.)

6. 3
    Chris Kuefler

Looks like it, I feel dirty after getting scammed out of $150 CAD... I'm disabled on zero income, might as well have just robbed me on the street, I've never lost that much to any criminals before...

7. 10
    alexqueen

alexqueen Loyal Member

I have got one, but soon I returned it back to my reseller(Mod3dscard) for the exchange of the Sky3ds plus, it's much better than Stargate 3ds and plays 3ds games for me for 1 month already.

8. 4
    Jacob E. Brown

Jacob E. Brown Loyal Member

I've had mine since June, hardly had any issue. Still sucks they won't update.

9. 2
    Galahad78

Galahad78 Loyal Member

I think this cart is a scam too. Although mine worked quite well for some weeks (if you forget 3DS saves erasing, of course), one of the buttons ceased to work...So I couldn't enter DS mode.

When contacted, supplier advised to send them the cart back for a replacement, as it was inside warranty period, however it is two months now without any reply. Their website does not sell any Stargate cart anymore now.

I've seen the cart much cheaper now in other shops, but I cannot trust it although I loved the cart when it was working properly.