hit tracker

Is the Gateway-3DS.com site finally gone?

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by UncleGumbald, Apr 21, 2019.

1. 1
    UncleGumbald

UncleGumbald Loyal Member

Hi all, thanks very much for having this resource on here. Here's my dilemma (and life story, apparently... =P) :

So I bought a Gateway way back when it launched, and have used it ever since (more sporadically now since I got a Switch). I even used it about a month ago to try to install Great Ace Attorney (which didn't work, but that's another problem that can wait).

I've never kept up with other developments of other forms of CFW (Luma, etc) because Gateway worked for me with what I needed from it. Although, it did always bother me that you needed to direct the browser to a website to get the exploit going. "What happens in the future when the website goes down?" was always in the back of my mind...

Well, I guess the day has come? Tried accessing the gateway-3ds.com (and go.gateway-3ds.com) site both on my 3ds browser and PC browser. Now I'm just getting a white screen (I might've even gotten of those "This DNS is available for purchase" splash screens at one point, but haven't been able to recreate it) and I'm not able to get the exploit to launch.

If the site is down, what are my options? I tried following this: https://scmods.com/gw_guide/GW-3-7-1.pdf but I need the “GW_3DSX.zip” file, which I can't get now because the website is down. If I have to start using another CFW, is there a guide out there for us Gateway refugees to use? (My main concern is a guide for previous Gateway users > a new CFW, as opposed to a Stock 3DS > CFW. Thanks very much!

2. 2
    hessa

hessa Loyal Member

I was looking to see if anyone else has the same problem, guess the website is really gone. We need to switch to Luma, I guess.

It says on this guide:
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/
    • If you have already hacked your 3DS before to get an EmuNAND setup, and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, you should follow all instructions and restore your existing EmuNAND when prompted once you reach Finalizing Setup.
    I assume we can do it and we have to follow this to get Luma.

3. 33
    alexqueen

alexqueen Loyal Member

It should be dead, no official news or updates since a long time.

4. 318
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

You dont have to ditch your gateway. If you installed the B9S you can still use your gateway with an b9s payloader and boot into your emunand immediately. With an unofficial updatepack you can also have the newest firmware.

My Setup is
    - immediately boot into luma sysnand on latest firm
    - using the UP-Key to boot into Gatewait emunand on 11.2.0

To get b9s installed the 3ds.hacks.guide is very good to use.
    If you want the setup as mine, skip the part where you have to copy the emunand to sysnand.

5. 23
    Macki

Macki Loyal Member

Hi you can still update Gateway to the newest nintendo update check my instructions on other threads :D Gateway is still alife but you can not acces eShop. We have to wait for some programer to repair this for us. you can update to 11.9

6. 1
    Venetica

Venetica Loyal Member

Hey i making a Site on my Root for the Exploid. Trust me its work on my 2DS.
    https://gateway.vene.me

You can use this to enter Homebrew Menu.