hit tracker

Is there any way to switch banks if you use the Android app?

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by Cyber Akuma, May 6, 2016.

1. 80
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

My version says 1.1.7...

2. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

And BotW is not included? funfair91 updated the version number in the same commit to 1.1.7 when he checked in the BotW stuff. So it could be that 1.1.6 shows 1.1.7... But at least this should include BotW.

3. 80
    deloreancowboy

I'm not sure. I'll check when I get home. I lost one of my amiiqo... so I'm not carrying one around with me.

4. 80
    deloreancowboy

It recognizes them. That's how I was able to send you the bin files. Lol

5. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Dumping is always possible, even if we don't know it by DB. But I mean, is it shown with the correct picture and name? Because 1.1.6/1.1.7 should.

We will skip 1.1.6 and make it 1.1.7. Looks like we skipped it by fault already.

6. 7
    Jason

Jason Loyal Member

If it works for everyone else, then I need to find a way to figure out whether it is my crappy old phone's fault, or if something is wrong with my amiiqo.

I was trying some more troubleshooting and found that when I try any of the amiibo since Poochy to include Qbby on the 'register owner and nickname' section in the amiibo settings, it gives me a message "This is not an amiibo."

Is there anything different about the newer amiibo?

7. 7
    Jason

Jason Loyal Member

I'm not sure why I didn't check this before, but the bin files for all the old amiibo are around 540 bytes. The new amiibo are all around 36 kilobytes. I don't think the amiiqo banks are large enough for 36 kb are they?

8. 80
    deloreancowboy

What browser did you download the new bins from? I always have to use chrome when downloading bins from nfc bank. Otherwise the bins don't work if I use dolphin (my browser of choice normally)

9. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

36 Kb are not dumps. Can you check it with notepad if they are XML files by any means? We don't support this file format. We only support 540 and 572 byte dumps

BTW, the mega.nz download link now also lists the APK as 1.1.7 :) Qbby will be in 1.1.8

10. 7
    Jason

Jason Loyal Member

It's all good!! I installed Chrome and re downloaded all the new bins and everything is working great again. Thank you both so much for your help!

11. 80
    deloreancowboy

No problem. Glad it worked.

12. 389
    Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma Loyal Member

While I am waiting for some cheapo NFC tags to arrive so I can truly test if the hardware on my phone is working or not, I don't suppose there is a PC version of this software in case I will be forced to go that route if I can't use a phone? I am guessing the official PC version software for Amiiqo is very very outdated by now and likely has the same bug on not dumping Amiibos properly as the Android version has.

13. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Yep, 540 byte dumps for the official app. Right now you are fine with those since Nintendo doesn't seem to care. And once the do care, you will be able to add those bytes easily later (especially if you have the original amiibo or another dump from the same tag).

It's worse that you won't be able to see the current amiibos on the PC app since the database is pretty old.

14. 1
    banzaiha

banzaiha Loyal Member

How goes the BT-NFC for the iPhone? Is the app you are working on different from the amiibitz? Mind PM-ing me for a test run? Thanks.

15. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Yes it is completely different and was a test run for something I am working on. I have no plans on releasing it. There is also a android version of the same app (I made it cross platform). So I can send you a version for android. The iPhone version would only work with jailbreak and needs an additional device... so nothing I want to encourage since I won't develop this version further.

16. 389
    Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma Loyal Member

Oh, so I can't use that device in place of my phone's built-in NFC and still use either the official app or your app with it? It has to be an app specifically designed for that bluetooth NFC reader and it can't be use in place of the phone's internal NFC reader?

Well damn, there goes my backup idea in case I can't get NFC working on my new phone...

17. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Yep, sadly it needs the app to be written to use this device. I would still advise you to get NFC repaired instead of looking for workarounds. At least since it still is under warranty.

18. 389
    Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma Loyal Member

I just ordered some cheap NFC tags so I can experiment with it make sure it's my phone and not for some reason it's just not compatible with Amiibo before I send it in.

19. 80
    deloreancowboy

The amiibitz app won't write to NFC chips, only to amiibo/N2 devices I believe.

20. 389
    Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma Loyal Member

I know, I got the tags to just test the NFC function of my phone to make sure it's not working with any NFC devices and not just incompatible with Amiibo. The tags are too small (144 bytes are the ones I got I believe) to copy an Amiibo anyway.