hit tracker

Just did something I said I wouldn't!

Discussion in 'XBONE Gaming & General Discussion' started by rednekcowboy, Jun 2, 2014.

1. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

LMAO. Was cruising Kijiji when I saw an Xbox One with 2 games for sale for $300. Couldn't resist!

Turns out it's a day 1 edition and has 2 disc games and 2 games on hdd (Dead Rising and Assassin's Creed on Disc and Thief and MSG on hdd).

Have to admit that games actually don't look too bad (up close ain't much different from last gen but the surroundings and backgrounds look decent. Though loading times suck (when game first launches) and worse than that, no indicator bar to tell you anything is happening, just a still-frame picture(for game) or a black screen (when console is booting).

Still trying to decide if I'm going to sell it and use the money to buy a PS4 or just buy a PS4 and have a complete this-gen collection (Wiiu, Xbone and PS4) as well as the last gen collection (PS3, Xbox360 and Wii).

2. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    LOL when I first saw that thread title, it sounds like as if a wannabe sexual predator impregnated a psychopath but fortunately, what you did isn't as bad as the former LOL. :p

As to whether you want a complete console set, if the finances and your housing/family and all the real-life factors allow you to do so, then I don't see why not - just don't go and do some silly shit like robbing a bank and purchasing some game systems with the stolen money! :p

rednekcowboy likes this.
  3. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

hahahahahhahah! My bank robbing days are far behind me! :p Already got an offer of $500 for the Xbox. Decisions, decisions lol

4. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Hmmmm here's a few questions:

- What kind of games and/or what game franchises do you prefer?
    - What system do you prefer to have on an everyday basis?
    - Which system do you think will get hacked first?
    - Do you like "acquiring" games for the purposes of making more informed consumer decisions?

My answers to that would be:

1. Franchises by Naughty Dog (Last of Us/Uncharted), Evolution Studios (MotorStorm and DriveClub), the Forza Series by Turn 10 (the Horizon spinoff being developed in collaboration with Playground Games) and that is about it for me - I don't like the Halo series that much and I don't think Gears Of War would appeal to me from the get-go.

2. Personally, a PS4 would be in my ideal gaming lounge as opposed to the Xbox One but I'd use an Xbox One gamepad for PC gaming and as Microsoft are saying that will happen eventually, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

3. Based on the history of the Microsoft and Sony modding scenes, I think the Xbox One will get hacked first, followed by the PS4 in the latter stages of its market life but sadly, I have a feeling both of those consoles will be hacked in the form of ODDEs first.

4. I love doing that without a doubt and when I do purchase Steam games, I grab them off the usual sites through my phone, play them, and if I like them, I will transfer the game files to the Steam apps folder if that isn't done already, and then I purchase it so that the game is ready to play without Steam downloading the game files from its servers.

However, this isn't about me - it's about you and if you still want all the current generation systems, then you can buy the less interesting console later down the line.

5. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

You and I think a lot alike. I will be keeping the xbox one and buying a ps4, but just for the sake of having choices. lol I'm not a fan of halo or gow but I think the One will likely be hacked first, if either one ever is....

gDrive likes this.
  6. 25,607
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Reported Missing....

A Wii U console last owned by 'rednekcowboy'....

Last seen dragging its console behind it on 5th street near the bus station with the gamepad running low on battery life after spending the night crying its buttons out after seeing a new family member bought into the house zapping up juice on the hdmi wires on the big screen.

rednekcowboy and gDrive like this.
  7. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

LOL, my wii u is gathering dust waiting for the hack to come out, if it ever does....still sitting on 2.XX FW.

8. 25,607
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Good as 5.0 firmware blocks some much needed Wii U mode exploits, but there is ways around it, but messy and broken, compared to the ease of older firmwares.

9. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

Ya, I heard that though HRESET still functions on the higher FW's, from what I hear but that doesn't mean much for us end users ATM.

10. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

Well just picked up a ps4 with crap of dooty (COD) for $300. now I have both of them and wasn't planning on buying either one!

11. 1,287
    Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
    Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
    {artlover} slaps rednekcowboy with a large trout

How are they going to learn and how are we going to have a 2nd vg crash if traitors like you go and buy this crap? :p

12. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

I bought both used. Neither one of the big 2 got my money lol

Thanks for the idea for supper though, trout sounds good! :D

gDrive likes this.