hit tracker

Lesbians shocked as they are banned from Xbox LIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 30, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Another day and another Xbox LIVE ban. But this time it is to a pair of lesbians. However, while the pair are shocked, it is unsurprising that they received these bans are their profile under bio stated 'lesbians from way back'.

<blockquote>I am so infuriated right now I had to vent somewhere. My girlfriend and I share an Xbox Live account. Today I received an email stating our account was suspended for inappropriate content in our profile. Our gamer tag is ShayHolly - not offense. In our profile under bio it says "lesbians from way back" - apparently offensive? My blood started boiling instantly. I was on the phone with Xbox customer support for hours and got absolutely no where. It is only suspended until tomorrow, but I don't care if they suspended it for only an hour, it is ridiculous.</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.afterellen.com/node/63529" target="_blank">Afterellen</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      Two sides to the coin...do you see straight people shouting their sexual preferences from rooftops? Do we have "Straight Pride" parades?

I have no problem with gay people, but when you have to go proclaiming it then you aren't secure in it and you have a problem. You don't think someone would have their account banned too for putting "Heterosexual from way back!" on theirs? Think again...

2. 129
      PcFish

PcFish Loyal Member

There are a handful, mostly guys. "I LOVE P***Y!!!!"
      What about when a couple is always I LOVE YOU to each other online, same crap.

They just filtered the words like lesbian and ban hammered, no thinking to it. They're ignorant.

3. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      Ok..
      The only ONLY reason to announce you are a lesbian on a faceless online gaming network is BEGGING and crying for attention. Thats all. There are no other reasons. None that make any sense at least.
      Then whine and cry about it. If she didnt think she did anythign offensive, yet went directly to the exact reasons she was suspended without being told why she was booted...... = PLEASE LOVE ME< I LIKE GIRLS.

4. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

It's unnecessary, it's idiotic, and as all have said it just screams "I'm an attention whore", but I really see no problem with it. If it was something else maybe, but just saying that you're a lesbian? Not really bothering me.

5. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I'll unban you if you send me the video - Major 'Larry' Nelson.

6. 141
      Shadow_Satey

Shadow_Satey Loyal Member

Xbl

I'm gonna go put "Straight" since forever on my PSN account and see what happens. Also, don't say "lesbian since..." just put "dating my future fiance, Tasha" or whatever. Say it how it is, just don't scream "accept me!" Microsoft is being douches right now anyway.

7. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Yeah, putting hetrosexual from way back probably wouldnt get nyone banned. However MS seems to be going strong on their "lets make friends and lots of good will" crusade. Oh well, it's sony's gain.

By the way did you just say "I don't have a problem with gay people but I don't like it when they say they're gay?" If these chicks want to say they're gay they should be able to. You sound quite idiotic when you say such things.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    8. 1,316
      GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

All these people whining that the pair of girls are to blame, what the hell is wrong with putting what you feel on a profile, you do it on Facebook, Twitter e.t.c... oh I forgot, it's Micro$ofts way or the highway...

9. 697
      Almighty_Peanut

Almighty_Peanut Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      i think it really depends on how they looked. they must not have been hot and MS took offense to that.

10. 814
      dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

So what, I got ban from PSN and the forums for 3 months for saying i was going to break my PS3 is people do not stop double posting. I wish this site would not only pick on the 360. I also got ban from Live for 2 weeks for putting I will kill you on socom!< and its not even a 360 game :) Its not just MS both are *****'s and do not let people say anything that would offend any one.

11. 814
      dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

Just like this site you can not even type P U SS^ any more LOL

12. 2,211
      Cue

Cue Loyal Member

well I don't think they are attention seeking as much as anybody else who expresses anything about themselves. Would anybody be called an attention seeking whore for saying.

"I love Man United"
      "Halo rocks"

Isn't it all a one line statement of preference?
      what is the difference between saying something about your personality or your sexuality.

Having said that I don't blame MS, they made this policy clear already not saying that the policy is cool, but that it's already in the ToU.

13. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

Damn attention whores keep it to yourself you know damn well Ms wouldn't take that kindly, was that an effort to get on the news or some liberal dyke talk show to whine about how the man keeps you down? Want absolute freedom of speech? No problem you just have to start your own online service, as long as you use other people's communication channels you are legally bound by whatever rules they set.

14. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

probably right, i'd ban em too if that's the case.

15. 394
      kama

kama Loyal Member

They just assume it's because of the "lesbians since way back" statement.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
    16. 512
      mcmanic

mcmanic Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      the lesbo's got suspended - for a day, get over it

17. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

wasn't this somthing MS had said they wouldnot allow some while ago, sexual preference has no place in there view for a gaming network. I can't see the problem myself, but I supose it is safer to keep things like sex, religion and politics out of free for all kill fests :)

18. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Speaking of angry dykes, way to make them look tame. lol :eek:

19. 126
      confused_dude

confused_dude Loyal Member

Instead of putting "lesbians from way back" why didnt you just put "we drink from the furry cup" that way the knobheads as M$ wouldnt have a fcuking clue.