hit tracker

London Riots Destroy Main Sony Distribution Centre

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by GaryOPA, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 25,237
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    This video basically says it all:

Sony does not know the amount of damage as they can't enter the main building yet, but it was home to alot of stock, so once order is restored, stores might be low on Sony-branded-equipment for a little while, and it was also home to bunch of small record label artists that Sony prints from that same location also, so it bad news all around for many people.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    The London Riots have literally gone too far and in actual fact, they have taken place in Birmingham and a few other cities as well.

Shocking really!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  3. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    Tear Gas, Water Cannons, and release the dogs, it's time to consider the looters as being a hostile force, release a public statement saying that any looters and rioters who continue, and resist the police will be met with lethal force, you'll see how many scamper out, and the moment a gun is fired (even if it's a less lethal round) people will chill out.

4. 17
    Grey_Wolf

Grey_Wolf Loyal Member

I don't think so mate. Those guys have nothing to loose and thanks to drugs they don't even care for their lives. A gun was fired and you can clearly see the result on that video, another gunfire will make things worse.

5. 78
    pikeytrog

pikeytrog Loyal Member

HGV Driver, though CompTIA A+ certified :)
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Water canons and tear gas is the way to go.

It seems like a lot of these rioters are hood rats trying to be big boys.

They couldn`t use water cannons because of human rights or something could they? I`ve never heard anything so daft.

The picture of one hoody scumbag drinking a can of Special Brew on front of one of the papers says it all.

I blame a lack of discipline from the parents & teachers due to the human rights laws and all this political correctness.

Shaping up to be the Hoodyban from the High-rise province...

Welcome to Britain. Developed & Civilised Country... YEAH RIGHTY FOOKIN O!

6. 34
    quincyarc

quincyarc Loyal Member

You should go live in china and you wish human rights laws would exist.

7. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    It's the people who whine about spanking as being wrong, and that you should just make aware of you being disappointed in them, Spanking isn't abuse, it's not wrong, it works, it just takes people knowing when, where, and how hard to spank, and not go overboard.

Christ, I've been around 21 years, and discipline has gone to shit in that short time, parent's need to properly discipline their kids, spank them, take their shit away, not just 'I'm very disappointed in you!'

8. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    That, sir, is very true! Kids and people these days are poorly disciplined little brats who think that they're so better than their parents that they feel that they can treat their parents like pieces of shit basically!

FUCKING SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE PEOPLE THAT JERKED OFF IN ORDER TO BRING YOU INTO THIS WORLD YOU WANKERS!*

*Unless your parents have physically abused you in the past, which then becomes a different story.

9. 34
    quincyarc

quincyarc Loyal Member

Its not always about who is disciplined , people have choices, to do this or to do that. Its entirely up to you...unless yourbeing mind controlled like on (we all know what im taking about). Anyway the fact that we make excuses for all the bad things we did to make it seem right it doesn't take away the choice we are entitled since birth. You know what is debatable about choices? Its not about how wrong or right you were but how to cope up with your choice to make it right.

10. 833
    master737373

master737373 Press Buttons :D Loyal Member

None
    I like how this thread went from a riot to discipline problems. :D keep going though

11. 780
    xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://deviant-generation.com/
    Amen dude. My parents used both spanking by hand, and belts to discipline me. I thank them every day for that. If they didn't use those methods, I wouldn't be the person I am today. It's that simple. So yes I'm a proud supporter of traditional disciplines. I also plan on using the same disciplines on my future kids. If they call the cops on me, whatever. I'll take a few nights in jail every couple of years if it means my kids will grow up to be respectful, mature, and successful. That's a fair trade in my book.

I also agree that parents these days don't know how to parent for shit. I also see parents complaining about video games because they bought an M rated game for their kid. Parents now a days use video games as a cheap baby sitter. Then when they realize just what is contained within the game, they complain to a media outlet. But yet the sales clerk told them exactly what was in the game. They just didn't care.

I've only been alive for 20 years, and in that amount of time parenting has completely gone to shit. It's quite a shame.

Anyways.... I feel sorry for everyone that is involved either directly or indirectly in the riots over in the UK. It's quite a shame that people have decided to go from a peaceful protest to all out riots. The entire meaning of the cause was lost in the process. I even heard that the guy's family screamed out to end the riots. But it fell on deaf ears.

I have to disagree. If parents these days properly disciplined their children, all these teens would be more respectful and surely wouldn't cause riots. I've seen soo many teens that act out and I asked every single one of them if they ever got their ass beat. They said no. Everyone that I grew up with got spanked, and they turned into highly respectful and mature individuals.

Yes people have choices. But when you grow up getting whatever you want, and not getting proper consequences for your actions, you tend to carry that mentality into your adulthood. Which means your more likely to disrespect the people around you, then actually respect them. It's because your used to doing whatever the hell you want without any real consequences.

Me personally, I know full well that if I disrespect my parents, disrespect a female, etc, I'm gonna get myself killed. My mother will hunt me down no matter how old I am, and kill me. I don't fear her, I respect her for that. She instilled in me very very high standards and if I ever disobeyed her, I got spanked. The same thing with my dad. Hell I have never hit a woman because I was raised that you don't hit women no matter what. If I ever hit a woman, I would probably hide in a secluded region of the world for the rest of my life as my mom would find out eventually and kill me. lol.

12. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    +1, the spankings taught me a very important lesson.. either a) Don't break the law/house rules, or b) don't fucking get caught. I knew from a young age if I did anything illegal and was caught, not to come home, cause what my mother could and would do to me would be far worse than anything a cop could do.

Everytime I see a mother about to buy her kid a M-rated game I walk by and just go 'oh? that's a fun game, btw, your child might like to go see 'Backdoor Blonde Nurses 6' it's got some superb up close shots' and when I get that disgusted look and she says something I go 'If your child's too young to see that.. why is he old enough to play a game full of blood, gore and language?

The other thing that pisses me off, are when people do stupid shit like shoot up a school, if they aren't gunned down, they go 'ohh GTA made me do it' bullshit, you're a psychopath who doesn't want to get punished, everything boils down to parents teaching their kids to respect the rules of society and the people within them.

These Rioters want to act like animals, they should be treated like them, they're a cancer of society, and what do you do with a rabid animal? put it down.

Though the police are getting the info from the Blackberry servers, so everyone who passed on the riot organization messages, and everything, are going to be getting a nice visit from the police.

Also saw a nice post on Twitter today 'The rioters are in $100 sneakers, and using $300+ smart phones... and claim poverty, how does that work again?'

Gas the rioters, and any who put up a fight, hit them with the batons, any who pick up a weapon and attack, put them down, you cannot exist in an area of society, choose not to obey the rules, and to break them and victimize others who live within the rules, and then hide behind them for protection.

13. 25,237
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    I recently lived thru some silly riots in my old hometown of Toronto, during the big G20 summit last year.

It was most peaceful except for a few dozen people that went out of control, and a few hundred people that got caught up in the action, cheering or taking pictures, only to all get rounded up by police near the end.

Then the lawsuits started, and the crying and whining, about how the peaceful protesters were man-handled by the police, force to be strip search in front of guards, had their phones taken away, forced to be in a jail cell with 20 others, with only one sandwich, and a open to everyone's view public toilet to do their business infront of their friends, and it was cold and dark and they had to stand all night waiting until the morning to get released, after being jammed into small vans with handcuffes that were too tight.

Really a bunch of young people that never experienced the hard knocks of real life.

14. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    Some officers did go too far during the G20 event, but people also refuse to look at it from an officer perspective, you have people throwing Molotov's at cars and buildings wearing all black, you have to assume everyone in black in the immediate area is going to be a rioter, to stop and scrutinize only serves to put lives at risk.

It's not that hard to, if people start destroying things, to pick up and move to a different area to ensure you're not put into the same group as the rioters, I also don't know why people think being arrested is supposed to be cushy, it's SUPPOSED to be uncomfortable, you're supposed to not like it (of course some don't learn), I've been detained before for fitting the description of a guy my age who robbed a store with a gun (it was plastic, but the police didn't know that), I had no issues being handcuffed for my safety and the officers, I had no problem giving him permission to check my backpack, I had no issues telling him my name and address, where I was coming from, and where I was going, if you haven't done anything wrong you have no reason to withhold information or be belligerent.

15. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Actually, more often than not, DISCIPLINE is one of the main factors that make or break a child's mentality - well, that AND a few others, such as teaching children how to critically think and make choices for themselves (which you have covered) and raising them in a peaceful environment.

However, that cannot be achieved when you have got parents who are delinquents/junkies and have been traumatized and when there are issues such as socio-economical class/racial/caste segregation in your neighborhood (or neighbourhood if you're an Englishman like me) or when you have family members who want to be as homicidal as Agent #47 from the Hitman series. There are more issues as well, but I might end up breaking my thumbs and my keyboard if I continue to type away LOL.

16. 0
    JLM

JLM Guest

One thing to remember about G20 protests is that criminal types are hired by people wanting to discredit the peaceful protestors; they know the violence is what will be reported in media sound bytes and the whole protest discredited. This is nothing new and "plants" in crowds have historically been used for all types of purposes, not just violence, but also for example to initiate cheering. Just because the media reports on the latest scandals (like extra-marital affairs) of the great and powerful, doesn't mean that they are above being manipulated.

17. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Exactly JLM! The people responsible for inciting war/unrest tend to hire or use 'rogue representatives', insiders or outside people like assassins to sabotage a pro-positive movement like bringing peace to Palestine or making a peaceful protest for Mark Duggan, who was 'shot by the police' or in some cases, the aforementioned groups of people might even be used to, ahem ahem, 'take care' of people.

Exempli gratia:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2JB53aX-E - The Speech That Got JFK Killed.

Sorry if I came across as a little bit insensitive, but this is just one example of a person that wanted to share his view on the society as a whole and how corrupt it is, but unfortunately, this dude got shot dead shortly after this speech, just like a few others who stood up and voiced their concerns.

BAM! RIP JFK!

18. 0
    Squarepusher2

Squarepusher2 Guest

The elite is killing the middle class and what little is left of it - yeah, call me a conspiracy theorist all you want, but get this, it's not only my future that is on the line and on the verge of being destroyed - the game is on, and every schmuck who denies this to themselves is similarly affected - won't make a damn bit of difference if people deny they're run by elites when Citigroup openly tells its base in a 2005 report that all the western economies are 'plutonomies' run by the rich and that there is no such thing as a 'consumer'.

So yeah, this was all a foregone conclusion - Rockefeller Foundation and the like did a lot of forecasts predicting and precipitating these kind of riots. So, really, go blame the ones who set up all the chess pieces well in advance for them to flush the economy down the toilet and to then blame all your society's woes on little Johny London thug while these guys have deliberately created the preconditions so that any business who wants to lower their operating cost will move all production offshore, only hire Indian/Chinese workers and leave the western worker sitting right where he is right now - on the goddamn unemployment line.

Everybody's been had - everybody's been conned - your 401Ks are worth jack shit, your pension funds are worth jack shit, your money is worth jack shit (both the Euro and the dollar), and your future is worth jack shit.

It's time people start fucking getting that by now, because this ain't no joke, and the fun and games might be over very shortly from now.

19. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Well said dude!

By the way, only sheep with single-digit IQs would label people capable of critical thinking as 'conspiracy theorists'!

20. 0
    Squarepusher2

Squarepusher2 Guest

Oh well, there's lots of that - even better yet, Halsafar called me a 'weirdo with real dangerous beliefs - almost terrorist even' for exactly these beliefs - so if I had lived in Canada and he had my address, I would probably have been reported right now and the government would be paying me a little visit before I become the next Breivik - all because certain people want to be in perpetual childhood and don't want people to 'ruin their day'.

I mean, seriously, that's what it's come down to nowadays.