hit tracker

M3 Lite for DS & DS Lite Reviewed!!!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Sep 8, 2006.

1. 5
    dongle

dongle Loyal Member

nope, that expired on the 5th :/ on the plus side, it led me to discover the kingmax which, although more expensive, allegedly offers smoother performance on the more intensive titles.

2. 57
    vEGA-rJ

vEGA-rJ Loyal Member

Will my normal sandisk 1gb play the castlevania video flawlessly?
    Or it's better the cheaper kingston microsd? Thanx :)

EDIT:

I find the answer: no.

3. 232
    DoeDill

DoeDill Loyal Member

have you tried using the .ds.gba version instead of the .nds version of DSOrganize?

4. 25
    fantasymick

fantasymick Loyal Member

I didn't even bother to try the gba version. It works now, thanks.

Also, with FAT16, 64kb cluster, fast load with GBA rom doesn't work. You have to load it using the START button.

5. 0
    aliquis

aliquis Guest

"It comes with a built in media player that allows you to play the following types of media:", no, it will play videos converted from those formats.

"The videos and music I converted played perfectly in the media player. Playback was smooth and looked surprisingly good on the DS screens.", did you used the bundled converted? I need to try it.

"The emulators I tested worked at full speed and video and the real time saves worked also.", but they don't support many roms, do they?

Also do you need to convert music or not?

"full functioning PDA", in chinese, also how do you install it and what of the files do you run?

Anyway I like mine aswell ;)

6. 0
    aliquis

aliquis Guest

I don't think anyone have slowdowns with E27a and FAT16 64k clusters, I think E27 firmware raised the high DMA speed from 4x to 8x.
    He probably had the slowdown because he used FAT32, I do get it with FAT32 aswell. I'm using a Transcend card btw, faster than normal Sandisk but slower than Ultra II. Cheaper than both here thought.
    DSOrganize started fine here, but when I went into day view and added something for 14.00 and out and back in again I got random data at 23.30 instead. When I edited for the whole day I got some HTML code. When I painted something and saved it it couldn't be found afterward. So the filesystem drivers seems quite corrupt/wrong.
    I got another version from the #dsorganize IRC channel from a guy who had got it directly from dragonminded. Everything except creating a new file in the browser are said to work on that one, but another guy said he couldn't use the IRC client with it. I have no wlan so I haven't tested the download function.
    What does that mean? What are extended? Just a dir where you should put your own homebrew?
    Yes, it works, I've run 1.4 but 1.4.1 is the version which is said to have support for it. I never noticed anything wrong with 1.4 but maybe there is something.
    How large partitions you can have and maybe filenames and in this case the most important thing is that you can have larger cluster sizes in FAT16 for some reason.
    Yes it will if formatted FAT16 with 64k cluster size. And the other card was kingmax.

The answer is yes, not no! :D

7. 0
    aliquis

aliquis Guest

I used .ds.gba renamed to .nds, worked. But I have to start all my homebrew with A and not start.

8. 232
    DoeDill

DoeDill Loyal Member

no, the built-in moonshell. Extend is what the button is in M3.

9. 232
    DoeDill

DoeDill Loyal Member

you don't really have to rename it, it'll still run. Aren't you suppose to start homebrew with A? Start is for GBA games.

10. 5
    vanThijs

vanThijs Loyal Member

When you press "Start", the M3 will load a bootloader, for homebrew/demo's, so they will run.
    Otherwise you have to patch the files with a bootloader.

aliquis, thank you for answering my question!

11. 232
    DoeDill

DoeDill Loyal Member

well that's weird since I start all my homebrew with the A button.

12. 13
    xtnod

xtnod Loyal Member

hrmm interesting... well I just bought my DS today... so now i have a PSP and a DS for homebrews :) Well I was thinking about the G6... but after reading this review... what would you guys suggest... and here is what I would be using it mainly for:

1. Games (NDS)
    2. Old school SNES games

As you can see I want the best load/playing speed possible lol, also hows the SNES emulator on the DS compared to the PSP...

The G6 or the M3? and your reasons? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2006
  13. 118
    Louis

Louis Loyal Member

Don't know about you, but my 1.5fw PSP can play SNES games near-flawlessly. DS = not so good o_O.

I have a G6L, which I decided upon getting after much deliberation and discussion. It's the right flashcart for me, and I couldn't be happier with it. Just do your research and you'll be fine. Both the M3L and G6L have amazing NDS and GBA compatability, so you can't go wrong... just remember the quality of your SD card (if you go with the M3L) can affect the gameplay!

For me G6L came out on top, only because:

1) it was cheaper (without having to buy an SD card)

2) I didn't mind 512MB of space (I have a PSP, remember? I can usually only fit 1-3 games on a 1GB card, so yeah, having 10-15 games at once doesn't bother me ;) )

3) I knew that it's incredibly easy to use, and the gameplay is exactly like playing from the actual game cart (aka: no slowdown!)

So yeah, for me it was the better choice. Of course, these are all very personal reasons for getting the G6L; I didn't have an SD card nor was I interested in finding out which was best and buying it... I only wanted NDS/GBA games so I wasn't bothered about size limitations... and slowdown of any kind makes me want to vomit ;) . If this is you, then go with the G6L. Either way, just do your research like I said and everything will be gravy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2006
  14. 8
    blueping

blueping Loyal Member

Does the M3Lite fits into a GBA new & old model?
    It doesn't into old model DS, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  15. 0
    xiaobao_87

xiaobao_87 Guest

well, need some help peeps. read a whole lot and am now a tiny bit confused. well, i wanna get a cart for my ds, but am unsure to get whether M3 lite perfect or supercard lite. which have better support functions and well..functions(like mp3 videos etc)? the m3 is more expensive though... and also, i gather that using normal cards will have some problem with games like castle unless we format it in FAT16, otherwise, to get better results, just use kingmax card?

16. 0
    ValorJ3

ValorJ3 Guest

If I buy this, will I need to buy a seperate memory thing?

Can someone fill me in on this, and link me to where I need to buy everything to make this work.

Sorry, I'm a wee bit newby.

17. 0
    xXJackXx

xXJackXx Guest

i'm looking into buying one of these for my wife since i bought her a DS lite for xmas.

These M3 Lite things....they need a passkey to run yeah?
    I'm pretty sure i've seen them bundled together for sale
    i'm doing my head in trying to read all these threads to get an idea of whats best to buy for her DS Lite.

um what else.

from what i gather the M3 Lites play roms fine or play them fine with some slow down due to media used.

you dont need to do anything other than put said roms onto micro SD (micro is rightyeah?) and whack it and the passkey into the DS and off you go?

From what i've read these seem rather simple to use but being new to this whole thing having trouble understanding it all.

there is talked of trimmed roms/patched roms and so on.

Does that mean only certan kinds of roms will work or will any work on this M3 Lite?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  18. 0
    oldie

oldie Guest

Comicbook ds doesnt works??

19. 123
    dharsam

dharsam Loyal Member

is this compatible with ds phat?

20. 1
    andster

andster Loyal Member

M3 simply :D where to buy and where to get micro SD!!!!

if your looking for the m3 simply or the micro SD you mite wanna go to target for the micro SD thats where i got it and the M3 only two ways get it shipped or go to texas and buy it i got it in my vacation oh yea and i dont know or how to download cheats for my games plz tell me why important!!! or where....