hit tracker

MAG Disappoints, scores just a 7/10 from IGN

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 1, 2010.

By Zeus on Feb 1, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Looks like Sony's HYPE machine went a bit too over-board when promoting MAG as it doesn't deliver. An IGN review has awarded the title 70 percent and note that the bugs, imbalances, and a lack of content for the price get in the way of it being great.

<blockquote>MAG Does a lot of things right - it's a solid shooter, and has shown that having a large number of players doesn't have to choke up the gameplay. Unfortunately, it didn't show that more players means more fun. Bugs, imbalances, and a lack of content for the price make what could have been an excellent game just decent.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065655p3.html" target="_Blank">IGN</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 1, 2010.

1. 194
      nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

WTF!! Mag Disapoints... Who... you?? 7/10 is not bad... its an average game... What were you expecting....a 10/10.

2. 417
      waldog

waldog BANNED FOREVER

MAG = SOCOM Confrontation in FPS mode. Nuff said.

3. 432
      ASSPOP

ASSPOP Loyal Member

well considering it should have been at least a 8.5 to 9.5 game it disappoints horrible you fucken piece of fagol!

4. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Well....as with most online games, there will always be hurdles starting off, which will get patched in subsequent updates. However it does make the initial adopters feel a bit like beta testers, but then again, if they are ok with it so am I.

I will get this game, but when it comes down in price.

5. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

This game has been advertised as anything but average. The 256 player thing has been involved in many a fanboy argument. Is it any surprise to a sane person that this game is going to get average reviews?

6. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      i'm wanting to get this too but i'll wait until they release a bug free version with all the content included and if they dont then like most other so called next gen games i wont be buying it, surely it isnt too much to expect that when i buy a game its complete and bug free after all thats how we all bought games until this generation, even the bad ones.

7. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Yes so many 7/10 games are awarded 10/10 now that MAGs effective rating is actually a 4/10 :p

If im given a demo on PSN i'll try it on the slim, I'm not one to follow reviews as the word of god.

8. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I'm not one to pay too much mind to reviewers, but I've gotta say when I hear/read the word "bug" I get turned off more quickly than if I was watching a naked picture of Rosanne..... crap I'm gonna give myself nightmares now.

Anywho, I don't understand how can a game that's been, presumably, tested for months can be released with bugs that are magically found by a reviewer in less than a day :confused:

9. 803
      WickedSkin

WickedSkin Loyal Member

I can only think of one 7/10 game awarded with 10/10... BIOSHOCK!

Hmm imbalance, bugs and lack of content can be fixed. Gameplay and such and such wasn't bad apparently. So it's a few patches away from being great? You IGN guys are silly. Really.

10. 70
      steveone6

steveone6 Loyal Member

ign haven't got a clue mag is amazing been on
      it all weekend was on mw2 5 hours then bored

11. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
      pfffffft....another OVER OVER HYPED game

........Going to play some REALLY GOOD games.....MassEffect 2 anyone?! ;)

12. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

Not that IGN can be trusted but from what I've seen of MAG it doesn't deserve an 8 no matter how you spin it. The whole 256 player thing is bullshit the game is designed so that most of the time the teams are spread so far apart that it doesn't matter how many players are on the field you are effectively having a 16vs16 or something which is same as Bad Company 2 but with much shittier graphics and physics, speaking of graphics you rarely see a game in this gen that looks so plain and uninspired for Zipper's sake I hope its because of the size of the map not because they are a lazy talentless bunch who can't do better than Xbox1 graphics on next gen hardware.

13. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I liked bioshock on PC, im talking about GTAIV, Halo 3, resident evil 5 etc all games completely undeserving of their 10/10s wherever they're earned.
      My point? 10/10 is still thrown around too much and earned too easily id much rather make my own mind up anyway.

Can't speak for that one yet, let you know when im done.

14. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      so if 10/10 is undeserved by some games, and 10/10 is like a 7/10 by IGN.. does this mean MAG is only a 4/10? thats believable.

15. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      jesus christ... Hwo some of you remember to take breths throughout the day is beyond me. YOu all have this childish "If I dont like it, it doesnt matter" attitude that just makes you look so damn stupid and shows your ages and/or maturity level.

Whats funnier.. most people dont like this game because you dont run around aimlessly killing people. You have to rely on teamwork.. which it seems todays 12-21 year olds cant grasp wthout calling someone a fagg

16. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

Not all reviewers hold out 10/10s for what they believe is a perfect game like Famitsu, some give it to the best game of its kind, other to just about any game they consider really good, people should look at the review not just the score, and thats also one of the reasons why metascore is bullshit.

17. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

Shut up, fagg. :D

18. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

No the 4/10 thing was purely a joke, i don't see a 7/10 as disappointing at all.

True but they should hold out a lot of them ignore the flaws dump a 10/10 on a game and leave the reader wondering what they're playing at, at least this time IGN was fairly honest with the flaws they've found this is how more reviews need to be.
      What interests me most is the teamplay aspect, should i manage to find that many people with a mic i imagine the game would be a blast.

19. 194
      nestortoy@hotma

[email protected] Loyal Member

Lets not for get Halo 3... it was more like a 6.5 or 7.0 but some how got around a 9 i think.