hit tracker

MaxConsole launches 3DS Video Games Cheats website

Discussion in 'Game Cheat Codes Discussion' started by GaryOPA, Jan 5, 2016.

1. 25,669
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Thanks for your input. -- Alot of the codes infact got emailed to Gateway team before we launched the site, and used those as basis for most of them, and we given credit for codes that were copied from fort42 later on.

Sync function might be good idea, problem is a couple of people have contacted us and wanted to release codes only one on site as exclusive, plus we also running a giveaway contest on it, so not sure if the sponsors would agree to it.

We still have alot more work to do on our PHP coding to make the site alot more user friendly, over 50 changes I want to get done over this weekend and next few days.

Maybe another option is to be able to upload a titleid.txt file with all the info, so no need to paste it into the fields, that would save time for those submitting codes, if the format on the .txt file is same, etc.

Thanks for all your help, and hopefully we can work together and make both sites better for everyone, as its the GW users that matter.

Take Care

-=(Gary)=-

2. 25,669
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
  3. 28
    storm75x

storm75x Loyal Member

Apparently we have been sponsored too and we will host a giveaway of our own. Please PM me later about the sync function when you wish to work on it (ASAP), it will need to be a bit more private because there will be sensitive information. And of course, before the user submits they should be able to tick whether they want it to be a site exclusive or not. Good luck on your PHP coding... I have a lot to do on that mayter too.

4. 1
    cearp

cearp Loyal Member

How can I edit a code I have posted?
    http://www.max-cheats.com/view.php?ItemID=182
    When I submitted this I was asked for a 'cheat title', I assume the name of the cheat.
    But you should have asked for the 'game title' (name of the game) - I think this is a mistake.
    I submitted a comment but I am snot sure if that is the best way to get this fixed :)
    Please cheat, thank you!
    http://www.max-cheats.com/view.php?ItemID=182 - The game should be Animal Crossing New Leaf

5. 25,669
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I fixed it up for you. -- By tomorrow hoping, my new PHP coding should be finished to allow users to edit their previous codes after they login, under the 'your cheats' section, and also a way to 'append' new codes to an existing game already in the database.

Yeah, Cheat title should be Game Title, and there should be to posting sections, one for a whole new game not with any previous codes and one for new code added to existing game with previous codes already listed.

Thanks for your submit. :)

6. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

How come now it always says Invalid Data when try to post anything for the last couple days
    For Example:
    invalid.JPG

7. 25,669
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Thanks for reporting the issue, we been trying to improve the posting system, as people were posting weird spam and stupid shit, or attempting to inject SQL commands to crash the site, lots of idiots out there.

But seems are filter system was broken, on some browsers it was not allowing the - or (space) to be accepted.

Now it should be working.

Thanks again.

8. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

Hi Storm75x,

Can I ask, are the the user CLOUD-STRIFE on fort42?

I was a user on your site (Retroboy) back when I had a 3DS running firmware 9.2 and I used to create ARcode using the QR codes and used to post on your site.

Unfortunately the reason I stopped posting ARcodes was because someone who I made codes for their game, I asked them to save they then turned the console off, back on again then updated the system.

I have now entered a deal with Gateway now that I am back with a new system compatible with the Gateway card that I will make codes for them.

I have seen multiple times that my codes have been taken and not even credited.

First off the old format (ARcode) I have seen you have converted my ARcode format to Gateway.

Even if you have taken my AR format after noticing xxxx0000 000000 is yyyy0000 00000000 for Gateway, then taking all the ARcodes I made and changing xxxx to yyyy is still taking my codes.

May I ask that you don't do this please.

Secondly I have seen on your site that Gateway codes that I am adding to MaxCheats.com are also showing on your site, and not even credited, again stealing my codes.

May I ask that you remove these, ALL codes that I add to MaxCheats.com are exclusive to MaxCheats.com, this is part of a deal I have with Gateway.

As I am only providing my codes to MaxCheats.com, I will NOT be posting them to any other site, as I physically play the games that I make codes for, I don't just find the code and move on.

Sometimes I may notice slight issues or bugs with some codes whilst playing the game and if so, I will fix the code and because I only provide my codes to MaxCheats.com, I will only update my codes on MaxCheats.com

If you are to steal my codes, you will not be aware of any changes that I make, so your site will have codes that may cause problems.

Also I can see above that you have been talking with Gary about your site, but after looking at your site I think a few changes need making.

1) Any codes you post on your site, MUST be credited to its original author - excluding mine (Darren), my codes are exclusive to MaxCheats.com

2) I see on your site that you have a single download link for all codes, this was also an idea I put to Gary, but agreed with his decision not to, as the goal is to drive as much traffic to the site and have users physically use the site, rather than simply coming and downloading a file containing all cheats.

I feel, that your site is more than welcome to have a download link that includes all cheat codes, but this should only be codes that are created for your site (not taken off ours).

As our goal for our site is to drive more traffic, if you are stealing our codes and including them in a single download link, then users are not going to visit our site.

So saying that, your site is entitled to do as you please, but at the same time should at least respect the goals and rules.

I do not mean for this message to sound harsh, but would like to ask that some grounds are set.

If MaxCheats.com take codes, we aim to ensure its credited to its author.

If you take cheats then please also ensure you credit to its author (even if its amended ARcode format)

Please do not take any of my codes, regardless if you credit as Darren or Retroboy (amended ARcode)

Please remove any of my codes (Darren & Retroboy)

Please if you are to take codes off MaxCheats.com, do not include them into your single download link.

9. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

That sound pretty cut and dry, might wanna email directly to make sure they got the message across though.

has anyone looked into hyrule warriors? jpn region?

10. 29
    OPessimist

OPessimist Loyal Member

Crossing my fingers for for Conception II and Samurai Warriors Chronicles, all US region. =)

Thanks to everyone for all their codes to date! As a lazy gamer, these really help me out a lot. =P

GaryOPA likes this.
  11. 363
    DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

Have tried leaving comments on the codes ive made but hes taken credit for on his site but i dont think hes bothered.

I thought if i added him as a friend on his site that id be able to message him, but i cant.

in regards to the codes requests, we dont have a request section yet on max-cheats, but if you have a request feel free to pm me.

I will need the game name in full, region and would help if you can give the cart id and what version (if you installed any game updates)

at the moment i have a large collection of older games and im working through them but i can always put them aside and take requests.

12. 28
    storm75x

storm75x Loyal Member

Um. What makes you think I'm "CLOUD-STRIFE"?
    Look at my signature. lol
    "storm75x"

:/

13. 7
    Zuriki

Zuriki Loyal Member

Just added 165 cheats for Pokemon Yellow (granted 152 of them are encounter codes, and 9 are encounter levels but still...).

GaryOPA likes this.