hit tracker

Mechinstaller-Phoenix

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by catfish, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 0
    Yolio

Yolio Guest

All Fonts Tested

Findings from the Fonts Submitted by Catfish:

testfonts.zip
    -------------
    1_modifiedfonts: Hangs before patching Dashboard

2_newlinuxfonts: SUCCESS Patches Dashboard to LINUX tab

3_modifiedfonts: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    4_modifiedfonts: Hangs before patching Dashboard

habibifonts.zip
    ---------------
    1: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    2: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    3: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    4: Resets Xbox
    5: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    6: Hangs before patching Dashboard
    Bloated: Resets Xbox

Hope this help

Yolio

2. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

just some questions

1) on the requirements, u spoke 2 times about bios X2 4979.67, this bios need to be BFM or not?

2) can we use X2 4981.67? (the difference betwen 4979 i think is only to disable LIVE!)

3) evox 3921 recommended, have u found some problem with 3935?

4) MA is only needed for 1st install, or any time i disable the exploits? (i'm preparing to manually install it, i dont have MA :( )

5) from readme.htm : "Should" work on any NTSC Xbox versions 1.0 through 1.5, and PAL ?

great job!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2004
  3. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

just some answers

1) as stated earlier in this thread, u only need a BIOS compatable with your own system. BFM=yes

2) yes

3) yes and no, the main reason is I tested with 3921 and it supports the HD temp.

4) buy a game that has an exploit available. It'll save u alot of hassle if something goes wrong. Follow the instructions ealier in the thread for a manual install.

5) everything except the Japanese version I would imagine. (with the limits of kernel 5530 requiring the audio exploit without the use of PBL)

4. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

thank's

my xbox is already softmodded bios 5101 dash 4920 pbl1.3.5i x2 4981 evox 3935, but i'd like to have a possibility to disable the exploit

and again (sorry but i need to know it)
    MA is only needed for 1st install, or any time i disable the exploits?

5. 18
    Atreyu

Atreyu Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Is there anywhere i can download a 'complete' package that i don't have to ad anything to?

6. 0
    nerosis

nerosis Guest

It isn't hard to find the necessary files. If you don't know the "usual places" then i recommend checking out the xbins tutorial on xbox-scene.

7. 0
    CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Guest

How do u make the phoenix.bin file?

Can someone please explain this more in detail?

thanx

8. 0
    nerosis

nerosis Guest

The easiest way is to go to the usual places and get xbtool... follow the directions to get it set up then open the bios file you want to modify i.e. 4981, m7 etc... make your changes to the boot sequence and save it as phoenix.bin... the xbtool interface is very easy to use and understand...

9. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

10. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

ezxbedump2

I've made a new batch for signing XBE's.
    This version includes shell extensions so u can right-click any XBE and select which key to use.
    I tested it on win98se, XP and win2k.
    from the batchfile:
    Known issues: (please inform me of any not listed here)
    1) Internal XBE names that contain : (colon) will not be backed up. A :)) is an invalid character for a filename and I have a solution and will incorporate it into the next update/fix. (soon)
    2) Command line usage cannot contain spaces in the filename/path. This will not be fixed any time soon.
    3) Large XBE's take a few seconds to display and/or sign. This is because I do a few redundant checks on the file before actually signing. I check for "XBEH" inside the file and then I run xbedump -xbgs to retrieve the internal XBE name. I plan to add a "fast" option in the next fix to bypass these checks for more advanced users. I will keep the backup function though.

changes since first released:
    *changed the batch to not use time-stamped names in NT to avoid filling up the HD.
    *changed NT portion to properly handle unknown names
    *fixed XBE name issues on 9x systems
    *added window title to NT portion
    *added menu for install.bat
    *2-21 fixed letters disappearing from internal XBE names.
    *fixed XBE icons for win9x systems

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2004
  11. 0
    RomertL

RomertL Guest

this mechinstaller seemed really easy to use, but, beeing very neewbie, I got stuck very early. I successfully made the first steps, so I can now transfer files to the xbox and from the xbox to my pc (with flashfxp). But when I opened the readme.htm I got the message "your xbox doesn't seeme to be connected" right away. I seem to be the only one with this problem. Anybody know what I did wrong?

12. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

Nothing to worry about... It isn't an issue, it's just a simple check to see if u have Mechinstaller-Phoenix installed and running. If the exploit is actually installed and running and u still get that error, then your network settings for the PC are incorrect or u changed the password.

13. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

can't install

I have done exactly as catfish said in one of the early posts. installing the fonts manually. all i get is a black screen and then nothing happens. I burned a boot disc with evox as catfish said and it boots. anyone got any idea why it won't boot without the boot disc?. i have signed the bios loader with the habibi key and tried all the locations; E:\phoenix\ etc...
    help?

And the settings and bios for the phoenix loader is also correct, it works with the audio exploit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
  14. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

Adolf, are u saying that the fonts will load a home-made DVD but will not show the dashboard otherwise?
    If so, that's the "no-boot" issue. Try ejecting the tray once or twice and see what happens.

15. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

No, what i mean is that i have made a cd-r with evox and a xbe called catfish.xbe , and that it boots alright when it's in. but otherwise it doesnt boot the bios loader, thats the problem, without the bootdisc it doesnt boot. sorry if i were unclear in my last post, but I usually don't speak or use english.

Hope you understand what i mean

I will try the fix you mentioned, And if you would like to know, it just reboots. and it isnt the clock loop.

The fix didn't work. i tried making a boot disc with the bios loader and the same error, It's becouse of the phoenix bios loader xbe. any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2004
  16. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

OK, could u tell me your dashboard and kernel versions?
    Was the audio exploit the one from my installer?

17. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

The audio exploit was the one posted at x-s in a mime format. the new stable swapless one that runs E:\exploit

for my versios i believe this is correct:
    Kernel: 5101
    Dashboard: 4920

I didn't use your installer since i don't have the game

18. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

19. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

tried it, it just reboots as it did before.
    it should be the habibi key right?

got any new ideas?

20. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

Don't let it reboot. Power off it goes to reboot and then power on with the eject button.
    If that fails after 5-10 times, let it reboot 10 times without doing anything.