hit tracker

Mechinstaller-Phoenix

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by catfish, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

is it supposed to go inta the dashboard and replace the live tab or just boot phoenix immedietly?

what would happen if I dont have an xbe to be run, will it just run msdash then?

2. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

The hacked Mechinstaler fonts replace the Live tab with "Phoenix".
    Selecting the Phoenix tab will attempt to run E:\default.xbe, E:\Hakurs\default.xbe or E:\Phoenix\default.xbe.

Yes, they run habibi signed XBE's.

3. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

But my doesnt even boot into the dash

4. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

Well u asked what it was supposed to do.
    What is the xboxdashdata directory's trailing numbers?
    And give me a filelist of the fonts and their sizes that are in C:\fonts.

5. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

xboxdashdata nr: 10027100

bert.xtf - 1 kb
    ernie.xtf - 15434 kb
    Xbox Book.xtf.bak - 14103 kb
    Xbox.xtf.bak - 18677 kb

6. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

rename "Xbox Book.xtf.bak" to "Xbox Book.bak" and "Xbox.xtf.bak" to "Xbox.bak"

7. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

Thanks catfish for all the help, it works fine now. so simple.
    thanks again:)

8. 0
    nimroth

nimroth Guest

is there any solution 4 the 5530 kernel right now to load pbl from dash tab, without freez?

thx in advance :)

9. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

Adolf, you're welcome.

nimroth, I don't have a box with kernel 5530, so I can't test anything. The general belief is that 5530 blocks PBL and the hacked Mech fonts.
    Does your post indicate you have the fonts working with kernel 5530 but PBL freezes?

10. 0
    nimroth

nimroth Guest

nope ,only can load the pbl usin the older bigfonts, but if pbl loads the rom it hangs (- both 1.3. und 1.3.5i (but cant load the bios selection, cz the prog cant find the folder wich really exists on c, always got error that he cant find p:, but it use the .bin in maindirectory and hangs ) )

hopefully :)

nimroth

11. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

There is a new unofficial version of Phoenix BIOS Loader 1.4.
    It supports the focus chip and this one has the drive mapping fixed so it can be loaded from DVD.
    Everyone with kernel 5530 should give this a try, but no promises from me.

The "usual places" has a direct link to the website where it can be downloaded in a complete package.

12. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

i have downloaded 1.4 for focus (my xbox is 1.4)

just a warning
    after i have installed the new version i got error 21

the 2nd line of boot.cfg is filled with all 0x00 i have replaced it with correct value, also i have resigned the xbe with -habibi key and after it worked, bye bye scrambled boot image :D

13. 0
    nimroth

nimroth Guest

thx catfish, what should i tell u, 1st i signed the pbl 1.4 , edited the boot.cfg and used an older 4817 dash with bigfonts on an 1.1 box... woos runnin FINE... so now i copied the hole backup to my box with 5530 kernel, it starts the pbl after loadin the exploitd fonts, but after that it looks like this. -> a black monitor before the intro animation of pbl with some startinfos:

usin usb
    usin hermer
    __converter_instance
    __clearer_instance
    __format_new

after that --> it hangs, no animation , nothin more...

:/

after runnin pbl through signed evox,
    got same problems like 1.3.5i had, intro anim works, no bios selection available and after try to load the default bios it hangs

plz help! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2004
  14. 12
    kingroach

kingroach Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    A question. My xbox is up and running with bigfonts. I used hotswap method to exploit. Problem with bigfonts is the clock loop problem. i heard mech fonts 99.9% solve this problem. So, if I just ftp into my xbox and replace bert.xtf and ernie.xtf with mech fonts wil they work fine with my dash ( xbmc)

another confusing thing is I read mech fonts loads a hacked msdash. so, if I replace my fonts will it loads with msdash or my old xbmc. And, do I need to sogn the .xbes with other signeture other than -fonts.

15. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Okay call me an idiot and a fool. I have downloaded the catfish installer, both versions, put in the missing files, the best I could, and when I install PBL comes up and all it does is tell me to select my bios if I choose xboxrom or Phoenix I just get Mechassault booting up again.
    I used x2 4981.67 renamed to phoenix.bin and xboxrom.bin I tried messing around with xbtool but I cant get it to open or unpack the bios all I can do is change the size. i'm running 5101 and 5659. I used the keyboard and settings_panel from my box so that may also be the problem I've scoured the usual place but to no avail, if its buried inside some app could you point me to it I'm going nuts here!

16. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

1 of the requirements is dash 4920!
    exploit on 5659 dont work properly

with xbtool u have to change the boot sequence of the x2 BFM bios without unpack it,

have u configured xbtool ?
    xbtool need rc4 key,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004
  17. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Okay, I dont think I have an rc4 key I know to get one in the usual places but I cant find it any hints? I have no idea how to configure it either. I thought catfish would install 4290, thats why I'm using it (or trying to at least) I'm not trying to be lazy I've read this whole thread countless times as well as x-s and the read me, I just cant figure this out.

One other thing, I used thr boot.cfg and default.xbe from pbl 1.4 to bypass the focus chip could this cause a problem? I'm begining to think I should just wait for one of catfishes ninjas to upload a version with the questionable files intact, Since this has been around since Dec. what are the chances of finding one soon?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004
  18. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

for xbtool u need the debug.ini

copy config\More Configs\debug.ini under config folder and insert on it the rc4

when xbtool start select debug in "Bios type" combo

for pbl i'm using latest 1.4.1 unofficial:
    replace the 2nd line of boot.cfg (is filled with all 0x00) with correct value
    resign the xbe with -habibi key

19. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Where can I find the rc4? What file would it be in? What Filename do I look for?

20. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

under boot.cfg of pbl, some version of it have all value already filled

check usual place :D