hit tracker

Mechinstaller-Phoenix

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by catfish, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

okay found rc4 and eeprom heys and have them in the boot.cfg now I'm looking for this debug.ini I found an evox.ini but thats it.

2. 0
    Kali

Kali Guest

debug.ini is for xbtool, and it is already on xbtool package
    just copy it to right directory, path are on my previous post, and fill the RC4_KEY=

3. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Man I feel like a moron... :D
    Okay I think I'm good to go except I need The keyboard.xip and the settings_panel.xip from a 4920 dash... Any clues on the where abouts to these? They're probably small enough to send in the mail... :confused:

4. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

okay so far I've signed evey xbe I can find with habibi Pbl loads up and I dont select a bios then it freezes at the xbox logo. :mad: Argh! I know I need the xips but is that all? If I select pbl from the bios menu MA reboots but with pbl loaded. (I have the led switched to red) any ideas?

5. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Alright I just decided to bypass pbl entirely now evox boots up, Yeah! when I go to downgrade the dash I force it but when I go to the dash to update to 1.0 I get error 13? Please tell me all I need is the correct xips and I'm home free... I restored my c drive after attempting the force 4920 so I should be okay to turn it off right?

6. 0
    Adolf

Adolf Guest

Anybody succeded in making a boot disc that starts phoenix and then the dashboard on the harddisk? everytime i have tried it just loops. starting phoenix over and over again. i think it is becouse the bios loads the cd again when it loads, but i have changed the bios so it wont load the cd. but it keeps going anyway, anybody succeded?

7. 0
    krayzie

krayzie Guest

Since the new rumors on X-S about pbl running on a 5530 kernel with an adjusted eeprom image wouldn't it be possible to run the mechfonts also on this kernel with this setup since it also boots to a black screen like pbl so maybe it has some kind of similar block by the eeprom.

8. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

allright... Evox installed. :)
    I think phoenix was the culprit so I bypassed it. Now I have another problem... Using flashfxp to make back up games, when I read the D drive it only shows 6 video files... No matter what game I put in (Qwix does the same thing) so I investigate further and find evox recognizes retail games as video, and recognizes backups (from a previous mod) as games. However when I try to boot backups I get DDE or error 21. Any ideas? :confused:

9. 0
    Oblox2003

Oblox2003 Guest

That's M$ protection your looking at there
    Nice eh

Well the answer is nothing directly

See DVD2XBOX
    it's your only hope :)

10. 0
    phanboy

phanboy Guest

Eh, I just reinstalled everything with updated PBL and it's all good now! Thanks!

11. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

OK, I'm updating Mechinstaller-Phoenix to include habibi versions of B&E Reloaded and Bigfonts. This will give 5530 owners more options than just audio, but will need to be manually installed via FTP after an initial audio exploit install. Earlier kernel versions will still be able to use the "Mechinstaller" method.
    This update will also be 5530 compatible from the game-save directly with all the current features plus some new ones.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2004
  12. 0
    Oblox2003

Oblox2003 Guest

Use unleashX you can zip the entire kit and kaboodle and I think it's only like 2 ish megs with a altered signed xboxdash.xbe

All you'll have to do is automate it to rename the existing fonts and unzip the zip package to the c drive

Use my installer and nick the gamesaves out of it if you create an installer pack inside of another gamesave
    'E:\UDATA\01010101\' place your xbe etc in a subfolder under that with any other name other than '100000000011'
    If you need help creating a valid gamesave just PM me

But after you do that your installer should work on all the exploitable games (be sure to include the linux gamesave for splinter cell)

And remember to thank Madhouse and The Joker for the app that is behind all this.

PS all the above and more should fit onto an 8 meg card inc a copy of evox or whatever (other than XBMC dash lolz)

PPS I am not now nore ever touching fonts for the Blox System

PPPS Would be nice if you set your dash to look in the same spots as mine so people can use the blox apps/ dashboards with it
    Just remember all the apps in blox are audio signed only though so Habibi signed font's = good

PBL is a game save so you can just acces it/take it from the installer though I'm currently thinking my M7 bios in it has gotten mucked up some how

EDIT me thinks Catfish doesn't like me oh well I tried... just use it anyway I don't own it it belongs to the xbox users out there :) make life easy on yourself well ish lol - still have to make the installer (Catfish Blox sounds good to me)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2004
  13. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

This is still version 1, it is based on the Linux Mechinstaller and requires MA to decompress the fonts. It is basicaly just an update. There are instructions for linking to the game-save to make it semi-compatible with other game-saves. (007 does not carry dashupdate.xbe)
    There will be no Blox system support as there is a key conflict and I don't feel like having everyone over for an error 21 party.

"Walking is a constitution (or at least I think it is)"

14. 0
    Oblox2003

Oblox2003 Guest

Heres what to do
    simple way
    Take the 007 and Splinter Cell blox gamesaves
    edit file xbexecute.ini
    So the top line points to your MA save on the D: drive
    (no \ on the end though)
    Just as long as the xbe you wish to run is alphabetically the first named xbe in there it should work fine :)

Yeah shame about the dashdowngrade with 007
    does your wway let you keep the xodash folder?
    I leave it alone so live 2.0 is fine for people... but since your using fonts who cares

Shame about the font's sigs I'll have to have a look at them some day cool thing is habibi sig = audio sig
    Sign anything with either and they all run with which ever exploit, now if only someone could change the font exploit to have an audio or habibi sig...

15. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

where do I start?
    There will be no blocks support...

I have posted how to downgrade with ANY Live 1.0 game, it's not really an issue.

Answered in the thread and readme...

I have no idea what the shame is, but audio does NOT equal habibi...

Read above, or try signing your blocks with habibi and see what happens.

You don't read every thread that u post to, huh?

16. 0
    Oblox2003

Oblox2003 Guest

Signed them audio and they run from the gamesave exploits and teh audio exploit

Signed them habibi and just the same :D

So do I just have an amazing xbedump (considering I tried the one from your package too) or some amazing exploits here then?? :D *NOTE I just did a hex edit compare of my xbedump to the one in your ez pack <which is pritty good BTW - just made myself something sub directory recursive for xp> no difference so Either my xbox and all the ones I've ever seen (about 50 ish) are all miricles or habibi = audio in some way shape or form..... the world of the strange LOLZ

As far as all I've ever done anything signed with either works on either :D which is why I included the Apps section on the installer because now I can addon extras as things from M$ pop up... like 5530 eeprom factory reset - still need to talk to yoshihro about that.

No I was not saying blox support :p If you use the gamesaves exploits in the pack you can simply repoint them to any where you wish like your 007 game save for instance this means that for only about 200kb extra you can add 007 AUF & Splinter Cell to what your pack is compatable with!

Anyway sigh I'm leaving the subject if you want to use them if people would like 007 and splinter cell access to catfish's pack just PM your email... sigh all because I tried to help

PS the app that runs these gamesaves is not my creation so don't look at or even thank me for it thank Madhouse and The Joker

Seriously from my POV I could quote you on this :)

17. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

I stand corrected...
    Habibi and Audio DO appear to be fully compatible.
    Although the keys are in fact different, and the resulting signed XBE's will have different signatures, both keys generate sigs that are compatible with either exploit.

remember, if u r gonna quote me, be accurate...

18. 0
    Oblox2003

Oblox2003 Guest

I remember reading someone saying the same as you way back when i was hiding and you were posting in x-s.

Nice isn't it :D
    I remember seeing Grospolina saying the sigs are different - which is weird because Grospolina said Habibi = Font
    I must try font signing something to see just what exactly does happen.

Outcome of this is you live you learn :)

EDIT hey maybe its a rounding error as the sig is factory by 3 and theres an intel processor in there LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2004
  19. 0
    gamera

gamera Guest

hi i just got the package from the usaul places and installed it works fine but i tried to change the evox dash with another by renaming the repalcement dash to evox whatever.xbe but get an error is there a different way of replaceing the dash or is this not possible with this exploit.
    thanks in advance

20. 0
    catfish

catfish Guest

did u rename the current dashboard to something else first?

be more specific and tell me your whatever .