hit tracker

MHGU Save Transfer

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by bagdet45, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 82
    bagdet45

bagdet45 Loyal Member

Hi guys,

I asked a year ago already if it was possible, but came to the conclusion with help that it wasn't possible this time around, but I hope that it may be now as MHGU is finally published.
    It is about the option that was always present in a way in Monster Hunter games: Save transfer from MHG to MHGU on Switch.

My 3DS Specs:
    European O3DS on 9.2 with Emunand on 10.8 or 11.0 (don't know right now but updating is simple)
    MHG save from a .3dz game (I'm not using .cia games)

My problem is about the function that let's you transfer most of the progress in MHG to MHGU. Normally, if you have the retail version you can download the transfer app on the eShop and just transfer via the app.

What I want to do is to transfer the MHG save that was made on Emunand from a .3dz to MHGU on Switch.
    Is something like that possible or will there be big complications?

Thanks in advance!
    Bagdet

2. 3
    olerin

olerin Loyal Member

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but there may be other options if it doesn't. Do you have cfw on your switch?

3. 82
    bagdet45

bagdet45 Loyal Member

Hi,

thanks for your kind reply. :D
    First, my Switch not modified and for the time being I think that it should stay that way for now.

Can I ask you why you think that it would work without any problems? I can't assess/estimate your knowledge and skill on this matter and can therefore not trust your statement. It is definitely nothing personal, but you are quite new to this forum and I just want to make sure.

I don't actually know how to transfer the save without going into the eShop and downloading the app. Is that app otherwise obtainable?
    My save was created from a rom so I additionally don't know if that is going to be the worst problem.
    Is it even safe to use this app?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Bagdet

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  4. 82
    bagdet45

bagdet45 Loyal Member

Status Update: Still not done.

I tried to install the .cia of the MHGU Save Transfer App via BigBlueMenu from two different sources and it said that the .cia is invalid.
    Do I need to update my Emunand or what exactly is wrong as it worked for other people? (SD Card is not fake and is from SanDisk, I bought it from the german retailer "Media Markt" in one of their stores)

5. 82
    bagdet45

bagdet45 Loyal Member

Status Update 2: Still not working :(
    To summarize everything up to now:

My 3DS specs:
    • European O3DS on 9.2 with Emunand on 11.1 (do I need to update it?)
    • MHG save from a .3dz game
    Tools I want to use:
    • BBM or FBI (v. 2.5.3)
    • MHGU Data Transfer App (CTR-N-J2MP).cia file:
      • Attributes: None
      • Size: 28.52 MiB
      • Title ID: 00040000001D2400
      • Version: 0 (0.0.0)
      • Region: Europe, Australia
      • Installed size: 28.66 Mib
    • My SanDisk Extreme PLUS SD card:
      • from the german electronics retailer "Media Markt" which could install other applications without problem bought in one of their local stores personally
      • 8 GB, 80 MB/s , Class 10
    Switch:
    • Switch without any customizations which is up to date
    • No save of MHGU
    Goal:
    • Transfer MHG save to Switch for MHGU
    My problem:
    • Installing the transfer app CIA gives an error code both in BBM and FBI:
      • Failed to install CIA file.
      • Result code: 0xD8E08025
      • Level: Permanent (27)
      • Summary: Invalid argument (7)
      • Module: AM (32)
      • Desc: Invalid NCCH (37) (I read somewhere that this means that the cia may be damaged, but is that always the case? Used 3 different CIAs and nothing worked)
    • Using another SD card is something I want to avoid as the whole setup and updating process is quite complicated for me
    I know that I'm wishing for quite much, but I hope someone can help me with this. I also think that when I successfully install the transfer app there should be no problem of transferring the save as both consoles and games are from the same region (Europe).
    What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!
    Bagdet

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  6. 82
    bagdet45

bagdet45 Loyal Member

Status Update 3: It worked!

Oh man, what a hassle. I managed to update my emuNAND to 11.8 and used an encrypted Transfer App CIA with a seed for FBI to install the CIA. Afterwards the transfer had no problems as the server didn't care if my save came from a 3dz or a retail game because I did not do any cheats while playing MHG.

Used the unofficial method from 123ab to update emunand and got the transfer app with the seed from a kind user.