hit tracker

Microsoft’s new CEO explains why dumping the Xbox would be incredibly stupid

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jul 13, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Jul 13, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  1. 25,237
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    More calls for MS to dump Xbox, Nadella speaks out against it!

It’s sort of sad that Microsoft has to defend keeping around its most popular consumer product to Wall Street analysts, but apparently it does.

[​IMG]

Analysts keep saying Microsoft needs to dump their Xbox Gaming division, but yet again the new CEO speaks out why they will not.

So what you think, you agree with Nadella's comments, or are the analysts partly right, so you read more in the links below.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Microsoft’s new CEO explains why dumping the Xbox would be incredibly stupid (via) BGR
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Bold Ambition & Our Core (via) Microsoft

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jul 13, 2014.

1. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Xbone sells bad, but still better than VITA.

2. 141
      Nintendo

Nintendo Loyal Member

As said already in the OP the Xbox One is being outsold by the PS4 but is nowhere near to be a flop and doing far better than people expected. I think the brainwash this days has reached a level never seen before and stupidity is just spreading faster than the virus in a Resident Evil game.

3. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I think it would be a huge mistake to drop support for the system as well.

If a company wishes to keep it's foot in the door so to speak, when you flounder it is important to support the people who did buy your product. Even if that support is half ass'ed at best. (Not saying the Xbox One is anywhere near that point yet.)

For an example, the Vita right now. It's pretty much dead in the water there really are no big games coming any time soon. That being said there are still games being launched for the system and it is being supported even if only weakly. So Sony is still supporting it's customers even it costs them a bit of money. If Sony makes a new portable system in the future people will be more comfortable buying one knowing that if it does not take off, it will still have some games. If Sony where to just drop the Vita right now, they could forget ever launching a portable system in the future. (Ask Sega about just randomly dropping support for (multiple) consoles then launching a successful one...)

So if Microsoft wants in on the "set top box" future thingy, they need to hang in there even if things get really rough.

4. 556
      Z3R0B4NG

Z3R0B4NG Loyal Member

because you neglected the PC gaming market for years and without the Xbox you would have go back to the System that made you big in the first place?

5. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      People on Wall Street don't know shit...they just want to see big money, and fast. Not one of them actually knows business, just the lies and bullshit of theft and cashing in on the work everyone ELSE does.

To actually listen to an analyst in ANY field, is more often than not a big mistake. Look at that dumb shit Pachter....how the fuck is he still employed? Analyst must be another word for Weatherman "The job you can keep by being wrong 75% of the time!"

6. 25,237
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Well as friend of mine put it the other day:

"When the CEO has to come out and say they are committed to a product you know that product is in trouble!"

Drop Kinect, Lower The Price, Give Now Virtual Credit for Trade-Ups, and the product is still not selling, that why analysts are worried!

That's the truth... :)

JonathanD likes this.
    7. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Now this is something I can agree too, the Xbox One with it's PC like hardware should have been the console to unify the two markets...

That would have been very cool, the only problem would have been trying to DRM the hell out of the PC side of things.

Then MS could have used it's PC market to leverage into something advantageous.

It's not secret that the Xbox One is the least selling console right now making even the Vita sales look good.

8. 1,327
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

People are selling off their Xbone's or looking for trades with PS4's like crazy. Can pick up an Xbone for $250/$300 on kijiji and there are all kinds for sale. I sold mine for $400 a couple of weeks ago (still made money on it as I picked it up dirt cheap).

They might be able to turn things around, IF they fire their entire PR and Dev teams lol. I know if it gets hacked I'll buy another one but not before.

JonathanD likes this.
    9. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I just checked Craigslist for Tampa FL, not very many Xbox Ones on it at all (I was only able to find like 3 listed in the last few days. Maybe they get pulled as they are sold.) One or two where 350 and one was 450 (I think it came with extra games lol)

Wouldn't touch any of them at those prices, I would just spend the extra 50 at Walymart and have a year warranty on it for the price.

I always get a kick out of the price on Craigslist, either they are good prices and the stuff gets snapped up pretty quick, or they are outrageous and I see them listed for weeks.

This one is sort of into the outrageous range, but if it is as mint as he says it is.... If it was listed next year (buying bigger house) I would be pretty tempted... lol

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/vgm/4569027028.html

rednekcowboy likes this.
    10. 1,327
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

I just checked kijiji here and there aren't too many left up here either, though the last couple of weeks it was crazy. I hear what you are saying about sites like this though. Some people are completely out to lunch. There was one guy trying to trade 30 Bluray's for a PS4, said they were worth $30/piece so that meant he had $900 worth of product and was actually losing on the deal. FML.

I'm always keeping an eye out though as usually there are some poor saps selling their stuff cheap because they need the money. I just picked up a CFW PS3 for $160 (they usually go for almost $100 more than that here, for example, I sold my CFW PS3 for $250).

11. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I had some one offer me like 125 for my CFW launch PS3, I didn't bother responding lol (I was toying with the idea of selling it, I just don't really use it very much.)

On that 30 BD movies... omg lol I don't think they go for $30 each at the store anymore. Maybe when they first launched way back before the PS3 launched? lol

I know you would be lucky to get $3 dollars each going into a pawn shop right now.