hit tracker

Mm dex

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by MadsMax, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 12
    MadsMax

MadsMax Loyal Member

Dean,
    Thanks for a great program.

Im fooling around trying to play games from hdd0 on DEX machines using your BM.
    Since we cant make folders like "GAMES", "VIDEOS" etc. I may have an other solution but I need to know how I can configure MM to check for games like it does on CFW. Now its only looking for EMU and this solution doesnt need a EMU etc.

The thing is that the DEX is making game folders when you install updates, dex fixes etc under /dev_hdd0/game - but since MM cant look for those it wont come up under MM like it does on CFW MM.

Do you have an easy fix / config I can do?

THanks,

2. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

What are you talking about?

3. 49
    hewman

hewman Loyal Member

Referring to not being able to create the GAMES directory on the internal hard drive. No read/Write Permissions i believe?.

4. 87
    NeilJames

NeilJames Loyal Member

^ This made me chuckle. ;)

More clarification is needed as to what you're implying, exactly. From what I've gathered from the above is that you would like MM to read, actual games, not game updates, from the "game" folder located on the PS3 HD (dev_hdd0\game\). This seems to me like it would not be possible, for many reasons that I may not be able to verify. Multiman may be able to locate a game that you put manually in the "game" folder but that would require it to be coded into MM, so that MM looks in that specific spot for games. I don't think Dean will do that. Apart from having to add code to multiman, the PS3 itself operates on a set of rules which may not allow games to be booted from the "game" folder. Again, I don't know for sure this is just my speculation. Also, EBOOT.BINs would have to be decrypted/re-encrypted with the right call location, which, to me, seems like a hell of a lot more work than I'd care to do.

I could be completely wrong in some of the things I've mentioned, this is just my uninformed understanding of what you're asking to accomplish.

NeilJames

5. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

You cant play full games from INTERNAL hd on dex unless using a dex FW with peek and poke (rogero). Of course if you do this you cant play the newest games which is usually the point of most people switching to dex. You can always go back and forth between dex firmwares if you really wanted to.