hit tracker

MM3D .cia crashing 9.5J emunand n3DS

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by petch, Mar 23, 2015.

1. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

The game installs and starts, but after the loading icon in the bottom right appears the whole console crashes.

8.1J sysnand, 9.5J emunand. EU .cia, tried a couple different ones.

2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Could be a similar problem as with MH4U. Do you still have the stock mSD card in your N3DS? Majora's Mask 3D could also need 1GB of free space, like MH4U does when you want to play it as a CIA.

3. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

I swapped to a FAT32 64GB mSD. I used the emunand tool to extract the .bin and inject it into the new mSD. Dunno if that could have caused any issues but I doubt it.

The strange thing is a .3ds version running off the GW card is fine. Probably just going to stick with that. I might try a jp .cia in the future just to see if it yields any results.

I was also going to try extracting the save of the .3ds version with savedatafiler and import it to the .cia version (since it seems to crash just before creating the save data). However, savedatafiler says that the CTR (CRT? I forget) is corrupt so I can't extract the GW .3ds save with it :/

Not sure if that savedatafiler issue is specific to MM3D, that particular release, or newer encryption games in general on higher system firmwares/new 3DS consoles?

4. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Maybe it is a problem with still region locked CIAs? I don't know, Gateway should be region-free as we all know, but maybe they forgot a sign check on CIA files on the N3DS for region-locked CIAs?

5. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

I considered this but surely it wouldn't start at all? It's definitely getting part way into the game, I can see the skull kid loading animation for about a second before it freezes.

6. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Hm, yes, it would be more logical if it would close instantly and tell you that there was an error...

No, I don't know what could be the problem then. Hopefully, somebody else does. I will need about 30-60 minutes for that, but check your PMs then ;)