hit tracker

More advances on microSD to PS Vita Gamecard

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jul 1, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Jul 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Set of tools to run PS Vita game dumps from SD card or from binary image, have been published by Motoharu on GITHub.
    [​IMG]

Of course Cobra BlackFin for Vita was the first product to do so, but it was never updated for newer firmwares and being commerical it was of course not open-sourced, but Motoharu a long time ago reserve-engineered most of BlackFin and designed a hardware adapter and code to dump the PS Vita games themselves directly from their Gamecard, and now recently XYZ demoed a working PoC of running an microSD as Vita gamecard with a rough adapter, and since then Motoharu has published all his dumping info and codes.
    in-vita-les-avancees-sur-la-minisd-sont-a-crediter-a-motoharu-1.png
    OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd

There is still just under 4 weeks to go before the big release of the permanent Henkaku called Ensō, hopefully by then all drivers and plugins needed to directly support microSD on Vita will be included as part of package, and I have recently hear rumors that XYZ has ordered a 'ton' of a finished 1mm build design that will work perfectly on all Vita's, so we may soon see everyone with hackable Vita having cheap memory space to run all their homebrew and game backups. -- Now all we need after this is support for newer v3.65!

NEWS SOURCE: Les avancées sur la microSD sont à créditer à Motoharu (via) Logic-SunRise

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jul 1, 2017.

1. 266
      White Lord

White Lord MaxConsole Mod Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Vita scene is dead. It's not like psp scene back in the time.

2. 14
      xpertmac

xpertmac Loyal Member

sad but true.....question is, should I sell my Vita Phat?

3. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

To be honest, I think those days are dead.

Thanks to the rise of systems like Android and the RPi I think we'll never see 'the glory days' of console homebrew again.

The irony is that the PSP may have had the same fate if it wasn't for the scene.

Are you using it? Do you think you'll need it again? Are you a collector? Is your system 3.60 or lower?

If you answered no to all these then consider it