hit tracker

MS confirms new 360 wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Sep 22, 2009.

By Zeus on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Microsoft has confirmed that a new Xbox 360 wireless adapter is on the way. Moreover, an Italian Xbox advert has also revealed that the device will be making its way over to Europe as well.

<blockquote>The device was previously spied in an FCC filing stateside, while an Italian Xbox advert also revealed that the new gizmo is on the way.

Sadly, details are scant on when the adapter will arrive, and how much it will cost, but it seems likely the device will arrive before Christmas, as with just about every other gaming product ever conceived.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://play.tm/news/26762/microsoft-confirm-new-xbox-360-wireless-adapter/" target="_blank">Play.tm</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 168
      FearEvil

FearEvil Loyal Member

Master of all things network.
      How about adding into the fucking console you wankers? The 360 is the only console without integrated wifi, they want to nickel and dime us.

2. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Because idiots will buy it. I personally would just buy an ethernet bridge, at least you can use it on anything with an ethernet port.

3. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

But for only the low cost of $120 or more you can get this device that ONLY works on the 360, doesn't that sound like a deal?!

4. 742
      Punyetta

Punyetta Loyal Member

That means every time they want to upgrade a component, they would have to bring out a new console. The wifi adapter they are bringing out is the 802.11n variant which is much faster than the existing one. Still, I rather use the wired network.

5. 742
      Punyetta

Punyetta Loyal Member

What other devices you want it working with? If you want to plug it to your PC, then write drivers for it. Do you use your PS3 or Wii wifi on anything else? No you can't and you can not upgrade it either.

6. 893
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

The point is Microcrap should have put in wifi to begin with.

7. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

Well at least with a bridge, you can use it on the PS3, Wii, and PC without having to write your own drivers for it--in the Windows platform, good luck getting it digitally signed.

8. 1,199
      DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

What sort of person uses a wireless connection for any sort of gaming anywho? :confused:

This sort of high-priced peripheral is obviously aimed at idiots and there seems to be a lot of them out there. It's your fault I get lag :mad:

9. 168
      FearEvil

FearEvil Loyal Member

STFU you elitist fag.

10. 303
      DX1020

DX1020 Loyal Member

Construction Worker
      I wouldn't use a wireless connection either lol

11. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

I don't know what kind of shitty Wireless-B router you got, but my Wireless-N router works just fine. Even at G speeds with the PS3, I don't lag, it's the other people. Wireless is the future, put your wooden clubs and animal pelts away caveman. It's time to embrace technology!

12. 260
      d889

d889 Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.dezertrangers.com
      i know at least 3 people with ps3's, none of them use the wireless. my brother has a wii, but that piece of **** has been sitting in the closet for 6+ months.

anyone who is smart about technology will utilize the performance of a network cable, and if you live at home and your parents dont let you run CAT5 through the walls ... sucks to be you.

13. 168
      FearEvil

FearEvil Loyal Member

Only a fucking retard would believe that <1ms latency between a wireless and wired connection is going to affect them in any way. Let me guess, you have to have wired controllers too right?

So 3 of your retard friends have the same retarded idea you do? That doesn't mean **** to anybody but you and your 3 retard friends.

retards.

14. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Actually it depends on the router and several other factors jackass. Linksys for example has notorious problems with latency, qos and throughput. Signal strength is also a big factor. Also encryption such as wep or wpa adds yet another performance hit. Another factor is how many people are using the same wireless access point. The biggest problem is packet loss and retransmission due to interference which is mostly unavoidable since there are many products having nothing to do with wifi which use the same spectrum, cordless phones. 802.11 is fairly robust and is designed to work around interference but to do so it basically holds its packet until the signal clears, a microwave for instance depending on the signals duty cycle can reduce effective throughput significantly. Even multimode using 5ghz spectrum isnt immune since many consumer products are now using that as well. Even in the best of situations wifi is never going to be as fast as a wired connection.

Based on your attitude and general fucktardness I would guess you dont have that problem since your likely gaming alone but for those of us who are social, have families and have to deal with other people in the house it can be a real problem.

15. 742
      Punyetta

Punyetta Loyal Member

You have N router and not taking advantage of it? Oh ofcourse you can not as your PS3 or Wii does not have N adapters. The only way you can is bridging it through normal network connection and that does not apply to Wii as it does not have rj45 connection unless you buy an adapter for it. But bridging defies the concept as you are not using your PS3's wifi connection so why the heck do you want one installed in 360 from the off? You said it yourself, just use bridging.

16. 168
      FearEvil

FearEvil Loyal Member

There is no discernible difference between using a wired signal vs a wireless (802.11b) signal for gaming, period. Anyone saying different is an elitist retard feeding on nonsense and false truths. You are going to take a bigger performance hit in fluctuations of bandwith at your ISP than anything you are going to lose between the two connection mediums.

You hypocrites do probably use wireless controllers too. Fucking morons.

17. 742
      Punyetta

Punyetta Loyal Member

Get yourself educated before spitting bs. Do some research if you can not test speed differences yourself.

18. 168
      FearEvil

FearEvil Loyal Member

As a matter of fact douchebag, I have. I game wirelessly on the PS3 and the xbox. And I'll tell you what, I'd smoke your ass in whatever game you want to test it on. My wireless connection vs your wired.

Why don't you post one study where it shows that wireless vs wired gaming has any effect on performance? I know why, because you can't. There isn't one. The only thing you have is a bunch of forum posts from users who think they are educated or able to discern the difference between the two. With internet gaming it is your broadband that is going to be introducing any significant latency not your wired or wireless network.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    19. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Italian advert?. Where?.:confused: