hit tracker

MS: Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Big statement here from MS, but then again it is a Halo title they are talking. Product manager Aaron Greenberg has gone on record to suggest that Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010.

<blockquote>Once the topic turned to exclusives, Greenberg couldn't resist talking about the Bungie-developed, Xbox 360 exclusive Halo: Reach, which he is sure will be the biggest game of 2010. When asked if perhaps Sony's Gran Turismo 5, which is set to launch in Japan in March and is likely to launch in the West in 2010 as well, might give it a run for its money, Greenberg was dismissive.

"Is it launching next year?" he mused. "I've seen years and years of minigames, but I haven't seen that the game is done. They just released the PSP version -- maybe that's what they've been working on. I feel confident that there's nothing that will compare in size. Halo: Reach will be the biggest game of 2010."
    </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26476" target="_blank">Gamasutra</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      Halo 1 will be the biggest game of all time..
      HAlo 2 will be the biggest game of all time..

Halo 3 will be the biggest game of all time..
      Halo odst will be the biggest game of all time..

So..... Did they screw up on all those and not make them "big" enough?

2. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
      In my Book:

Halo series The worst, The most over-rated Game EVER MADE!!! :mad:

I hate it....Everyone MUST pirate this game!!....For me even pirating this game is waste of time and bandwidth

F*** U -> Halo

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
    3. 13
      GrownupLawolf

GrownupLawolf Loyal Member

Sheesh, they just can't keep it down, can they? PS3 sucks here, PS3 sucks there, Xbox is better here, Xbox is better there... the most annoying marketing campaign I've ever seen.
      And yes, I possess a 360 and a PS3
      Yes, I also play on my 360 and PS3, and I like them both.
      So no, I'm not a Sony fanboy.

4. 1,316
      GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Seems to me that when it comes to Halo, Micro$oft can shout for america about how this game is going to be "the best game ever"... geez.

5. 0
      LKJHGFDSA

LKJHGFDSA Guest

lol M$ are bringing out the big guns next year! ps3 fanboys be afraid!

6. 304
      switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
      Oh that's great news, I guess that means it's going to be cross platform like Modern Warfare 2. After all it is competing with it.

I can't wait to play halo on ps3 and the pc alright!

7. 18
      driojas

driojas Loyal Member

**** THIS ****! I DON'T FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!(smashes his hand on the wall)

8. 803
      WickedSkin

WickedSkin Loyal Member

Oh a new Halo how very original Microsoft.

9. 45
      o'dium

o'dium Loyal Member

I think a much bigger issue is how some of you fanboys still say M$ like its 1997 again. Grow up kids, Sony haven't exactly been any less of a monopoly. Then again, that's what a successful business does...

10. 141
      Shadow_Satey

Shadow_Satey Loyal Member

Reach will be bigger than anything, ever?

I'm still not gonna get an xbox.

11. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

:rolleyes:lol I love how thwe fanboys go on about it like Halo is some done to death series overhyped game series like it's the only one thats hyped to death, it may not be my thing but it's no worse than the hype for every single Sony exclusive. Halo may be tedious to me, but at least it has delivered on it's claims to the fans unlike KZ2 for instance. The thing I find most funny tho is that a lot of these fanatics would be claiming it was the second comming if it was on the PS3, but it's sent by the antichrist (MS) as it's on the 360. I think everyone gets that sony fanboys don't like halo, but you are clearly in a minority (one I can include myself in, tho not because I hate a game just because of the format it's on, I just don't likethe game) given the success off the series.

I will likely not buy the game, Mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, God of War 3, Alan wake (only if it does end up like it seems as in silent hill type game) and starcraft 2 are the games I look forward to next year.

The likes of Gran Tourismo and Halo may have set the bar for what console driving and FPS games should be like, but now they have to compete with games that are more often than not as good if not better.

12. 644
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

I'm no halo fanboy, but actually enjoy playing playing halo more than Modern Warfare. I can understand why people think modern warfare is a better game so there is no need to blast me.

13. 1,316
      GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Fixed. ;)

10 characters

14. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Oh Lord... and so it begins.

15. 284
      tokitai

tokitai Loyal Member

Well, for me, the game of 2010 will be Yakuza 3... which finally gets
      to the western market in march...

16. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

^lol i remember playing yakuza 1, i thought it was not that good at all.

an here there making a 4th one, just one of those things i guess.

same can be said for halo, nothing great about halo games but alot of idiots think it's the best fps ever.

regardless of sales, killzone shouldn't even be mentiond in the same breath as halo, halos like a childs game an utter crap when compared, but of course all the fanboys make it sell millions an millions.

was odst worth 60 ? hell no, not even 30 with it's no AA crap among other things, but to all the fanoys they would probably pay twice that.

bottom line, halo is just way too overmarketed, and theres far too many brainwashed fanboys that will eat up anything halo than ms craps out.

it is what it is.

17. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Yakuza is another title like Monster Hunter...everyone talks like its the best thing ever but no one buys them, if it sells more than 500,000 outside japan I will be shocked.

Well that just shows its all a matter of opinion...I hate halo for instance (except halo wars...loved that one)...but personally thought killzone 2 wasn't worthy of wiping master chiefs ass, it was a garbage fps disguised in pretty graphics, the controls suck, respawning is a joke and there is no story, but as I said that just an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
    18. 303
      DX1020

DX1020 Loyal Member

Construction Worker
      And so the over hyping begins. . .

19. 513
      maxRus

maxRus Loyal Member

If its gonna be the biggest game of 2010, then it better span 3 discs! I like the Halo series. Im not a die hard fan or anything. I just finally got another PS3, so Im ready for gt5 and god of war 3. I dont think GT5 will be the biggest game though.