hit tracker

MS: Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Big statement here from MS, but then again it is a Halo title they are talking. Product manager Aaron Greenberg has gone on record to suggest that Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010.

<blockquote>Once the topic turned to exclusives, Greenberg couldn't resist talking about the Bungie-developed, Xbox 360 exclusive Halo: Reach, which he is sure will be the biggest game of 2010. When asked if perhaps Sony's Gran Turismo 5, which is set to launch in Japan in March and is likely to launch in the West in 2010 as well, might give it a run for its money, Greenberg was dismissive.

"Is it launching next year?" he mused. "I've seen years and years of minigames, but I haven't seen that the game is done. They just released the PSP version -- maybe that's what they've been working on. I feel confident that there's nothing that will compare in size. Halo: Reach will be the biggest game of 2010."
    </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26476" target="_blank">Gamasutra</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

You mean I'm going to miss the "biggest game of 2010"? :eek:

**Looks at pre-order receipt for Monster Hunter Tri:confused: Nope-->I'll be SET when I get back from my deployment playing the biggest game of 2010 as I have it preordered. But, it isn't a Halo title. Thanks but no thanks.

Holy sh1t...it's on the Wii too!

2. 749
      ok123

ok123 Loyal Member

I guess it depends on how "size" and "biggest" is being defined. If it is about the size in sales numbers and having the biggest sales numbers, then i think that Halo: Reach will probably have a good chance to be the top selling game in 2010. But if it is about "biggest title", then there are other games that compares in size in my opinion, such as Gran Turismo 5 (as the article also mentions, and i also think that the english version will be released in 2010), God of War 3 and maybe a new Call of Duty game as well. They have been releasing 3 Call of Duty games for the last 3 years now, so i wouldnt be surprised if we see another Call of Duty game in 2010 at least.

Which minigames is this? GT4:HD Concept (or what is was called) is the only one i can think of, since this game only had 1 track and 2 cars if i remember correctly, but this game has been removed from the PS Store a long time ago. GT5: Prologue is indeed not a full Gran Turismo game, but i wouldnt exactly define it as a "minigame". So which minigames is he talking about? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
    3. 512
      mcmanic

mcmanic Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      yes please more Halo, fed up with this MW crap

4. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

I personally love the halo series. Grat music, gameplay....slightly behind the times on the graphics, but then again everyone attests to visuals not being everything.

Anyhow we shall see if this game is all that great. However since I HATED ODST, and this game is apparently a flashback, without masterchief, I am hardly interested.

TODAY HOWEVER....I PLAY BAYONETTA WOO HOO. If only dante's inferno was available now also....and darkstalkers....

5. 456
      Nomad121

Nomad121 Loyal Member

The story feels like Charles Dickens if you put it next MW2.

But I actually agree that Halo: Reach will be the biggest game in 2010, I mean if over 3million people bought ODST, which is essentially a watered down expansion pack, how many people are going to buy Reach being a full sequel? Certainly over 3million.

6. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      about half as many as will buy final fantasy 13 or monster hunter

7. 556
      Z3R0B4NG

Z3R0B4NG Loyal Member

MS plz just STFU ok?

I'm surely going to play Halo Reach, WHEN IT'S DONE... but right now i just don't care... is there even a releasedate? Or a at least Screenshot? No? Then STFU!

I am rather hyped for Mass Effect 2 and Star Trek Online right now :D

8. 469
      picopir8

picopir8 Loyal Member

Halo 1 was decent but the series went downhill really fast. I think much of that was due to them just pumping out game after game without taking the time to make them quality games. The sequels offered nothing new and the story line just got a bit muddled. I hope they can turn it around for this game but I doubt it.

9. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      I assume this was sarcasm but you sounded serious. I do think Final Fantasy being multiplatform will be their biggest seller since FFX which sold around nearly 8 million and has a good chance to beat Reach (I know I'll be buying FF13, but usually avoid halo). However Monster Hunter if you combine all titles on all platforms and in all regions has sold less than Halo 3 alone. Fans of the series can hope that the rest of the world suddenly becomes interested in trapping bugs, burning meat and occasionally fighting a dinosaur, but I really doubt its going to happen especially when you concider that out of 10 million sales of the series, 8.5 million of those sales were in japan.

10. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Hmmm I must have missed how call of duty gave to console FPS what PC players had been getting so evening out the experience for console gamers, not to mention making the likes of vehichles a standard for most FPS. That must have been a secret Call of Duty 0 that was PS2 only and only you ever got to see it. No doubts there are better FPS, and if you want to rename halo to anything, then Half-life 1 and 2 would be the only other options. Call of Duty may be a fun series, but it sets no standards, it just builds on what has come before. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just not innovating it's improving.

Tho I am wasting my time replying to you, you are just another one of the PS3 good, 360 bad crowd who only likes games based on the toy they are in love with, pretty sad really.

11. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

It truly is a love it or hate it kind of series. I do like it myself, but I admit it's just too time consuming with my current way of life, same reason why I don' get into MMORPG... despite cute naked chicks "supposedly" playing them. In any case, I don't mind if they keep the same difficulty, but if they could find a way to make MH less demanding of your time (it's like I'm talking about a girlfriend here) then I would be able to play it. It just reminds me of Dragon Warrior where you had to spend 4 hours in the vicinity of the first town leveling up just to be able to fight 5 fights without having to go back to an inn.

12. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

I don't doubt this one bit. There will be sheep by the droves getting this game when it comes out. I see it pushing 2 mill easily.

13. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Yeah there's no doubt about that, but as many of us know the fact that it sells more doesn't mean it's the best... sometimes even not even that it's good. It's surprising how these execs have brainwashed us into caring about how much a game sells. He's probably right it will be the biggest game of 2010, as far as sales go, but really what does this do for us, the gamers?

14. 131
      BranFlakes

BranFlakes Loyal Member

Gamer
      Cant wait! I hope its better then mw2.

Also, wtf is wrong with this site? Why does everyone flame just because they dont like a game or something. Seriously, you have to stop that ****.

15. 304
      switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
      It's not that everyone hates halo or anything. It's every other week ms/sony talks ****. It's like raise your feet here comes the BS.

16. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

cuz halo is crap, it deserves to be flammed.

17. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

Welcome to the vocal minority with that opinion :D

18. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I wouldn't call it crap, just incredibly over estimated, but even there I'm probably a minority as DEDDOA said.

I honestly think I would see the whole series in a much better light if it wasn't for all the hype, but that shouldn't matter much to ms/bungie since I've never owned an ms console, and even if I did it would be truly strange for me to buy a FPS... unless I get a pretty good deal like I did for RFOM, and COD4.

19. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Hehe thats the way I approach most fps's unless there is an rpg element. Hell I didn't play halo2 until a few weeks ago, actually found it kinda fun but mindless now that everyone has forgotten about it :) Will probably eventually even get to Halo 3, oddly enough I did play ODST and thought it was a blast but haven't done the multiplayer yet...I'm just not much of a multiplayer kinda guy. Thats how a played KZ2, got it in a bundle off of craigslist for $20.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    20. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

I am with you both there, not exactly an FPS fan, well not the mindless type, not really since BF1942, but then that was a major change from the norm at the time ( I stopped playing that the day Eve online was released as my Elite addiction resurfaced :) ). I don't hate halo it's not a terrible game, it's just a bit mundane for me, but then I really don't see the attraction in that sort of game unless it's dirt cheap or has a really good story to it (thats how I got suckered into Clive Barker's Jericho). Give me an RPG style or strategic/stealth FPS that requires some thought beyond where do i find the biggest gun, and I am happy tho.

That said we are clearly the minority as practically every bugger and their dog likes mindless FPS, and halo is one of the most popular of them.