hit tracker

MS: Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Big statement here from MS, but then again it is a Halo title they are talking. Product manager Aaron Greenberg has gone on record to suggest that Halo Reach will be the biggest game of 2010.

<blockquote>Once the topic turned to exclusives, Greenberg couldn't resist talking about the Bungie-developed, Xbox 360 exclusive Halo: Reach, which he is sure will be the biggest game of 2010. When asked if perhaps Sony's Gran Turismo 5, which is set to launch in Japan in March and is likely to launch in the West in 2010 as well, might give it a run for its money, Greenberg was dismissive.

"Is it launching next year?" he mused. "I've seen years and years of minigames, but I haven't seen that the game is done. They just released the PSP version -- maybe that's what they've been working on. I feel confident that there's nothing that will compare in size. Halo: Reach will be the biggest game of 2010."
    </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26476" target="_blank">Gamasutra</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Is Jericho good? I was always curious, but never did much to find out how good or bad it was. I like me my supernatural stories, and in all honesty in first person they tend to be more intense.

2. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

jericho is alright, u can alternate between 5 or 6 different characters while playing the game, each with they're own powers an stuff, kinda gory too which is good.

u can prolly get it for dirty cheap at gamestop or something these days.

3. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      hehe you too? I picked up Jerico due to Clive Barkers name as well..actually kinda liked it...but then im kinda of a sucker for classic horror type titles loved Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth though it seems no one else did. :) Wish Headfirst hadnt gone bankrupt making it :(

4. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Sounds interesting.... but get it at gamestop? There's a limit to the type of terror I'm willing to deal with.

It amazes me that there aren't more games set in the Cthulhu universe. I really wish I could get into reading some books, but there's just so many and they are not exactly short either, but the mythos is awesome, dare I say more than greek mythology.

5. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Actually they are pretty much all rather short. Most of the "novels" like Dunwich Horror, Dagon, Call of Cthulhu are actually collected works. HP Lovecraft wrote mostly short stories for the old pulp magazines like Weird Tales in the 1920's and 1930's. Some weird trivia...one his closest friends was Robert E Howard, the guy that created Conan the Barbarian. I think he is one of the most under-appreciated authors of his genre. Most people have never heard of him yet many of todays top horror and fantasy authors like Steven King, Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore and Terry Pratchet have all cited him as a major influence. He even influenced Batman, Arkham Asylum was taken from the story The Thing On The Doorstep. Its kinda sad that when you mention Call of Cthulhu or Beyond the Wall of Sleep most people think of Metallica and Black Sabbath more than Lovecraft.

Anyway..enough of the english lit speech for today...just check him out sometime I bet you would like it.

oh before I forget...most of his stuff is in the public domain now, I think the gutenberg project has a few of them and nearly the entire collection has been digitized and can be found for free online. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    6. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Awesome grape thanks for the info. I might just download a few and carry them around on my phone and read up when I have some free time during the day.... hell this might be a good excuse to carry my psp around with me again.

PS. So should I start with Call of the Cthulhu and The Dunwich Horror? I was thinking of just reading them in the same order they appear on the gutemberg project's page since they don't seem to be organized alphabetically I'm assuming it's their recommended order.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    7. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      I dont really think there is a real "order" to them, Call of Cthulhu I wouldnt really recommend as an introduction its pretty out there....I started with Dunwich Horror and Cool Air back when I was a teenager. :)

8. 412
      kingkneal09

kingkneal09 Loyal Member

no its not

biggest...hmm...9.5 gigs isnt gonna be the biggest game nexy year ;)

9. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lool i hate gameripoff too, but for older cheap games it's not bad to go there.

10. 33
      DT2

DT2 Loyal Member

Although I don't agree with you fully, I do agree! Halo was and is way too hyped up and after playing part 3 and ODST I really don't see why!? Halo just sucks!