hit tracker

MS now banning homebrew enabled Xbox 360's

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 26, 2009.

By Zeus on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    The banning hammer at Microsoft is working overtime right through the Christmas period! Reports have come forth that they are banning homebrew enabled Xbox 360's over the festive period, which is hardly a surprise considering MS.

<blockquote>It looks like Microsoft started banning homebrew Xbox 360 (running freeBOOT or XBReboot) from Xbox LIVE. This was of course highly expected to happen any time soon.

There are many ways for Microsoft to detect these modifications, no stealth or anything was implemented (nor is there any will from the dev community to do this considering it would even be possible).
    Homebrew and Xbox LIVE don't go together, nor should they proba</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkyEZAuVVuEOexrrBb.php" target="_blank">X-Scene</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Dec 26, 2009.

1. 514
      killplaystation

killplaystation Loyal Member

homebrew 360's COULDN'T EVER get on Live anyway. Because they CAN'T have the latest dash. It would render the hack/mod inoperable.
      But one day I'm sure someone (like xecuter) will make a dual booting chip of some kind that would actually allow you to do both/either (infectus doesnt allow dual homebrew/live). But it's getting a little late in the generation...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
    2. 0
      bifftaz

bifftaz Guest

"the Cygnos v2 microchip which allows you to operate a dual-NAND set-up on your Xbox 360 and the Infectus 2 microchip and programmer allowing you to downgrade the Xbox 360's kernal to an earlier version, opening up various interesting possibilities" thats how you get online & you can change,modify or delete any update that you DL.

3. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

You can dual boot with the latest kernels by patching them for JTAG....but their detectable.

the only way of doing it 100% safely for XBL....is to buy a second xbox.

4. 848
      SLAYERPSP

SLAYERPSP Loyal Member

ms must not like money from pirates i will never go on live again been banned 3 times have a unbanned system now but of course i modded it so it stays offline now. if i want to play online ill buy the game for the ps3. i use to buy games off xbox live no more psn has most of the stuff xbox has but i cant get banned so sony gets my money ms you get nothing ever again from me

5. 605
      Tempos

Tempos Loyal Member

What a useless argument. If you don't want to get banned you don't modify your Xbox, simple. Besides, if you were a game publisher and believed you're losing sales on the Xbox platform because of piracy would you not ask Microsoft to do something? If the PS3 was as exposed as the Xbox was I'm sure Sony would do the same.

6. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      if you knew, you wouldnt make a stupid ass comment like so how many people are left on live now? you'd know that right now the people using homebrew 360 is a very small small population of 360 owners and they were likely on live expecting to get banned.
      and your comment would lead me to believe you are aware how many people were banned before and maybe you neglect to see how many people went back and bought a 360 again for $100 to get right back on live.

and wasnt it like 9 million difference a month ago? i dont think sony sold 3million ps3s and 360 sold none this past month. i mean, didnt 360 again outsell ps3 this month? itd be an amazing feat for sony to gain 3million and 360 none in that time span. get your head straight.

and yeah, there may be xx million ps3s, and sony claiming 14million active psn accounts, but didnt sony also have a nice breakdown of those psn accounts? showing only like 1.xmillion actually use the accounts for gaming? whereas xbl accounts are like 10million active gaming accounts?

7. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Now seriously if MS thought that they actually gained any substantial money from live subs and the occasional purchased dlc do you really think they would use the ban hammer? Of course not...there may be exceptions that are few and far between but as they say in war...those are acceptable losses.

This whole modding thing is like touching a hot stove...how many times do people need to burn their hands before they figure out that its not smart to touch it?

8. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

I need to get me one of these things. Who needs live when you can basically download every piece of DLC and live game. Play your online games on the ps3.

9. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Seems 'til their bones melt.

10. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      Everytime you post, a small child cries.
      Yes Im trolling.. its all this sites good for anymore

11. 50
      aunkid

aunkid Loyal Member

banning Spree for $$$

They are just hoping that all the owner of the banned consoles will buy a new unit and subscribe to new Live account; so therefor boost in sale in the name of banning piracy

12. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Are they also banning the accounts or just the console? I always thought it was the latter.

13. 256
      borbeatss

borbeatss Loyal Member

STFU man, you type like a fucking 5 year old. Yet I know you're an adult because of your setup, grow up. Have some self respect and represent yourself properly. Or at the very least, try to look like an adult, you're a disgrace.

Do you know where you are? Or are you really just completely unintelligent and imperceptive? Take your comment's and get out of here, people with your level of ignorance should not be allowed to speak, EVER.

Even if the main reason for having a modded DVD drive is to pirate, you'll never get that out of the people who help it come to fruition. Or me, or anyone else that has half a brain. See that's called a scapegoat, and it's a rock solid one to boot.

Generally, you can't even talk about pirating unless you have proof. M$ doesn't really have the right to ban us, they say banning is beneficial to Live subscribers because of cheating, that's how they get around banning basically anyone they want legally. It's a half assed attempt at an excuse, only absolute morons buy it. And low and behold, you bought it, in fact that is the reason why I am responding. You bought it, and opened your ignorant mouth, and now you need to be shut up and put in your place.

pwn.

Agreed, MC is horrible.

14. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

Just when I thought all the idiots that think they know it all have come out of the wood works, you pop out. What exactly are you so angry about? That he expressed his opinion about self-proclaimed pirates? There is no main reason for modding the DVD drive in a 360. There is only one reason. Modifying the DVD drive only lets you do one thing. Also, the Live bannings are not illegal. Microsoft don't need to prove that you broke copyright laws to ban you from Live. Live is like a private club with rules. One of those rules is that you can not come in with a modified system. Microsoft knows that they can neither prove that someone violated copyrights, nor that it would be financially viable to do so. What they can do is detect unauthorized modifications to the console while a subscriber attempts to use their private service. This is also why they have not (although, they can) rendered people's 360s useless. They also do not ban individual accounts, only modified consoles.

Do you know where you are? Have you ever read the User Agreement of this site? While you can talk about modifying your devices (which is perfectly legal), copyright infringement is another matter.

Read the Rules of Conduct:

When you're done, take a deep breath and try to bring your blood pressure down. You accused the other poster of typing like a child, yet you're the one uncontrollably spouting nonsense and insults. It seems that while you may think is an a child-like adult, you may be an actual child who thinks obscenities and insults make you sound like an adult.

15. 256
      borbeatss

borbeatss Loyal Member

Learn how to use paragraphs dude. Don't try to give someone advice, or tell them ANYTHING, when you do not even have proper indentation. Your credibility goes out the window quickly..............

Oh and what was with the whole Rules of Conduct bit? That was a joke right? Or do you have some way of twisting my words to make it look like I said something that infringed upon the RoC? Either way your a tool, you seem a lot like that other fag. Bunch of goodies two shoes eh? Weak.

16. 424
      bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

bennyb

homebrew is for the hardcore i just wish someone would step up were the boys from team hyper x left theres more peeps need fw than there is homebrew surely they cannot be one man that can only make undetectable fw for xbl

17. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

Awesome comeback. Was there even a rebuttal in there? Learn how to use punctuation, dude. When even the use of simple commas, periods, and capital letters elude you, your credibility goes out the door..................
      What was with asking the guy if he knew where he was? I don't recall saying that you said anything infringing. Either way, I'm going to take a walk in my "goodies two shoes" while trying to keep track of where I am.

18. 814
      dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

Boy, all i did was type a one line sentence and he went fking nuts. :rolleyes: I am sorry i do not see a need to wright like i am in school on some shitty forum.

PS, FK YOU! borbeatss, Get a Fking life and calm down.

19. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      unfortunately thats not the case. the homebrew enabled 360s arent entirely banned. console id can always be changed (as ghetto as that is, it works, for a short time).

really though people with this hack obviously had no serious intention of using live as it was said from day 1, its either this hack or live. it just so happens you can temporarily connect to live with the hacked console.

no harm is done to the console, you can still run the homebrew, you can still have your dlc, your backups, your uncorrupted hard drive. the only thing is you cant connect to live, but again, you weren't supposed to to begin with.

20. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Evidently...sad thing is its the same pathetic group of loosers that whine about it each and every time.