hit tracker

MS: We won't tell you how we ban consoles but it's accurate

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 11, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 11, 2009 at 8:56 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Microsoft has revealed that they will not reveal bans about how they go about banning modified Xbox 360's but denoted all that consoles that have been banned have been verified to violat their terms of use. The issue of bans is becoming mainstream news right about now due to the sheer volume of them.

<blockquote>Microsoft has not said how it was able to determine which gamers to disconnect.

"We do not reveal specifics, but can say that all consoles have been verified to have violated the terms of use," the firm said in a statement.

Reports suggest that the ban does not stop the console from working and only affects a gamer's Xbox Live account.

Industry figures suggest that piracy may cost the video game industry as much as £750m a year. </blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8354166.stm" target="_blank">BBC</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 11, 2009.

1. 48
      polosolo

polosolo Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Dam strange you know ...that just after a new firmware release, there are some major Banning hammers.
      Now take from that what you will, but I remember a similar scenario with the jitter fix firmware, peeps just rushing to update their firmware....THEN BANG!!! .

I `am pretty dam sure I mentioned this in a post ;) a year or so ago...DEJAVU.

MS detecting recent firmware changes, Swinging that hammer upon the most recent of updater & the previous unsure flagged consoles...;)

Great! to know that when you update your console with newer firmware,
      (Also the peeps who are so frightened of the ban hammer revert to stock for safety) are Now Banned also for the newest Safety firmware that was so none detectable. (Maybe they can detect firmware changes: eek :)
      A Double Wammy for MS ....

Many theory`s floating about but this is just mine.
      I would say that MS have implemented other strategies to find modified consoles but I would not be surprized at all that this may be there most prosperous.

Too all who Have recently updated firmware to latest or flashed back to stock,
      Then I think you may be doomed now or in the near future.

Regards

polosolo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    2. 2,211
      Cue

Cue Loyal Member

funny how when Sony forced updates they gave you all your features back funny how when they do detect you have CFW they don't disable your hardware when they easily can with psp ids. yet MS cripple your system instead of forcing you to revert back to an unmodified console on the hardware you already own.
      I'm not saying the conspiracy is true but I really do think you're some fanboy who likes to start making comparisons to Sony needlessly even more of a fanboy when you make stupid comparisons, Sony have been very lenient about modified firmware and DRM (game sharing) so far.

3. 424
      bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

bennyb

if iam banned how come every thing still works i can even spend my points on a rented film watch inside xbox and all the other shite they put on what happend to not being able to use media centre and hdd installed games when i play a game iam disconected from live i bet theres a way round it

4. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

Well if you can prove sony`s name isnt a part of RIAA or MPAA then ill listen to sony is fair debate. But you cant... so while microsoft might lock you out of live atleast the dont take you to court and sue you for a half million dollars in fake damages.
      In the end its cfw for modding and the comparison is fair about 2 major console makers this gen.
      ironic you call my comparison fanboyish but then go to argue about my comparisons...funny! :D

edit: he was the one who made sony a issue.. i just commented on it while he tried to give a ps3 sales pitch on how great the ps3 is. But you seemed to skip that part of his post :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    5. 304
      switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
      Lets expand on this further, do you really think people who pirate could afford all the games they pirate? I think it was stated that microsoft makes max 10 dollars per game sale. So say the avg person buys 3-4 games a year still under the amount they could make with live.

This could go on and on debating, but I think it's a combination of holiday season, showing developers they care.

6. 644
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

you really have a point. thats probably what it is.

7. 323
      richbambam360

richbambam360 Loyal Member

Postie
      I suppose that could happen but what if you got a Unmodded console & just playing some legal downloaded audio files that you put on a blank disc,putting in a recorded dvdr or cdr doesnt mean you have illegal stuff on there,now if they could match the disc manufacture id when you play a XBOX360 that could be a different matter?

8. 2,211
      Cue

Cue Loyal Member

So Sony isn't fair just because they are a member of two associations which have actively protected copyright in music and movies. I'm sure that if MS made movies or music they would be a member too but if you think that Microsoft doesn't take software pirates to court for copyright infringement you are crazy.

That is your problem right there, comparisons.

Sony haven't permanently crippled your hardware when they detect CFW to force a new purchase. They have more lax rules with downloaded PS3 games too. you couldn't argue with this (even though that still wasn't the point) so your only hope was to ignore it and turn it into a Sony v MS "comparison". You looked at the the music and movie industry to try and make a frivolous comment about "which company is worse" (still completely irrelevant to what you were replying to) and because this was about Sony v MS in your head your only other option was to bring up the PSP. only your PSP comparison didn't hold either because Sony has not intentionally or permanently crippled PSP hardware or corrupted user data when they detect CFW.

What's ironic about it and what part did i skip? I said making a Sony v MS comparison out of thin air is fanboyish even more so when your comparisons don't hold.
      The topic of "company comparisons" was in your head. That's what I considered "fanboyish". what really confirmed it was the fact that your comparisons didn't even hold water because Sony have been much more lenient with CFW and DRM with the PS3 and PSP. they DON'T make you buy new hardware or software if you want to be legit.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    9. 5
      EVA

EVA Loyal Member

Home Page:
      To sum it up (yes Google all these, except the last one lol)

- Shitty Connections
      - Trophy Glitches
      - Shitty Sales compared to Xbox 360
      - Having to install game data every 5 seconds haha

PS3 is just good for 1 thing and that's playing Blu-Ray movies, playing games? Not so much... Free isn't always better.

One thing I do agree with you,

To everyone, if you got your 360 banned, assume responsability for it don't complain.

10. 220
      Riffy

Riffy Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Oh GOD! Captain the topic she is spilling off topic! Full power to engines now!

11. 690
      Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

PS3 it is. >.<