hit tracker

multiMAN -- Crunching Support & Releases

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by deank, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    If I recall correctly, he only nuked his HDD and that's about it really.

2. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

Yeah he just tried downgrading back to OFW 3.55 and formatted his HDD.

3. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Well, in that case, doing a health check on the HDD would be the advisory next step!

xinoxuke, do the following:

- Download and extract CrystalDiskInfo anywhere on your desktop
    - Install the PS3 HDD into the PC, format it and execute CrystalDiskInfo
    - If the program says "Caution" or "Warning" on your PS3 HDD then consider that HDD unfit for PS3 use and install another HDD into the PS3.

4. 45
    Robi666

Robi666 Loyal Member

Hard Disk Sentinel is another good software for checking HDD health.

5. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Is it better than CrystalDiskInfo? I haven't used Hard Disk Sentinel before. :)

6. 384
    mschumacher69

I usually use Seatools for Windows to run a long/short DST and check the SMART status.

7. 45
    Robi666

Robi666 Loyal Member

I try few different HDD diagnostic tools and HD Sentinel for me was better tool than others that I tried.
    It's accurate when compared with results of other software like HDD Regenerator (bad sectors, delays).

Here is screenshots from my old PC.
    View attachment 3928 View attachment 3929

8. 46
    xinoxuke

xinoxuke Loyal Member

Hello there,

I don't know when I'll be able to try these things, university really takes a lot of time; but as soon as I can (probably next week), I will try these things and I will let you know if something works.

Thank you all very much for the pattience and help so far.

9. 8
    DarknessFell

DarknessFell Loyal Member

Um guys..sorry for the noobish question but here goes : Installed mM 4.40.00 (20130503) on rebug 4.30 (the first one) , mM launches but when i select a game the ps3 crashes the moment it goes to XMB forcing me to sit through the disk check :(
    went back to 4.20.00 and everything runs normal now...ideas please?any help is appreciated..or is it just incompatible with 4.30.1?
    thanks in advance :D

10. 384
    mschumacher69

Rebug 4.40.00 should be compatible with all CFWs. Are you sure you installed the correct pkg?

Try this one:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4idgq

If this one doesn't work, then I guess it's not compatible with Rebug 4.30.1, so update to Rebug 4.41.2.

11. 8
    DarknessFell

DarknessFell Loyal Member

Thanks alot :D looks like i'll update again then :)

12. 2
    abdu_mka

abdu_mka Loyal Member

hi guys , i'm currently on rogero 4.4 v1.03 , multiman 4.40 , my ps3 has 320 GB hard drive and I want to buy an external hard drive ,and my question are : " sorry if they are silly question for most of you :
    1- is there any kind of hard drives I should / shouldn't buy ? I read that many have some problems with WD hard drives
    2- how should I format it " fat 32 " doesn't support large files , and I need to play from the external hard drive ,so i should make two partitions one fat32 and one ntfs , which should be first , which should be the primary or logical ? can anyone give me all related information about this topic ?
    3- when i copy a game into the GAMES folder in the external hard , do I need to configure it to work from the external hard drive or multiman should do all what's necessary ?

again , I'm sorry moderators ,guys if my questions are N00b !

13. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Yes I would avoid western digital external drives.
    NTFS will not play games at all, but you can use it as a backup partition for games with 4gb+ files just keep in mind they wont play from NTFS, they'll have to be moved to FAT32 to play. If ext drive has 2 partitions one fat one NTFS multiman has an option to switch between the two partitions.

But like I said NTFS is used best for a backup partition. MultiMAN can split these large files on external and/or put the big file on internal hd so you can play from external. MultiMan will detect games in GAMES and/or GAMEZ (must be all caps) folders on root of external hd.

14. 2
    abdu_mka

abdu_mka Loyal Member

thanks alot patrick
    can I have games on the ntfs partition and make multiman to split them on the other fat32 partition ?

15. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    If I recall correctly, yes you can!

16. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

There's a "thanks" button BTW ;) and your welcome

17. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Haha be warned though - a certain Crunchtard has been spamming the Thanks button since July 2011!

18. 7
    m0h

m0h Loyal Member

I don't know if this has been suggested before. If it is, consider this as a +1 to the same suggestion. Moderators, feel free to remove this post if inappropriate, i apologize beforehand.
    This is simply a note for Deank.

Deank, i think that having an option to toggle on/off the automatic web column update would be ideal to avoid future problems with updates, since the server problems that appeared in this last few days.
    Automatic updates can lead to this kind of problems, and i'm not a big fan of something that i don't have control in.

I think that should insure future stability in multiMAN.

Thank you for your continue support and work.

19. 1
    smyleface

smyleface Loyal Member

Hello Deank.

I just wondering why not supporting Cobra 4.30 firmware.

My system crashed and re-install 4.30 firmware for Cobra USB. Finally install multiman 4.30.00 but doesn't work.

I dont know how but system before crashed i used multiman 4.30.00 on cobra firmware...

You can say impossible work multiman 4.30.00 on cobra firmware but last time i played GRID2 and before launch game multiman says "this game required 4.40 firmware do you want patched 4.30 firmware"

I am allways used web column update. I guess servers ara close...

Please someone help me?

20. 352
    tonybologna

tonybologna Loyal Member

construction business owner, affiliate marketing,
    Where in the heck is the "thanks" button located? I can't find it. There used to be a "Like" button for each post but has that been replaced with a "thanks" button now? I only see the "Like" button at the top of each page now.