hit tracker

multiMAN -- Crunching Support & Releases

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by deank, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    people pointed to the copyright as proof deans working with them.. they seem to forget.. perhaps he SOLD the code to them, and the rights to it, and part of the deal was they keep the normal people updated as well as their Cobra users, there's NOTHING saying that Dean is the one doing these updates and working with cobra..

This scene bitches about respecting devs, and the moment they do something they don't like almost everyone hops on a fucking hate train and starts bashing with zero proof, and frankly with the way this scene is, with everyone being so whiny and fucking entitled, and two faced, I don't blame dean if he sold the code and said "fuck this, and fuck them".

Christ, the way people are acting deter ME from wanting to learn how to make anything for the PS3, and I normally I don't give a shit what people say/think of me, but with the way the scene is.. it's just not worth it..

2. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Exactly Digital-Spooker, and then some asshats (they know who the fuck they are) start bitching about developers showing an interest in the underground gaming scene from a monetary perspective and then they do more/less the same thing and then we're only left with teasing "manginas", ego-obsessed "cuntards" and developers who lack the adequate skills to break the security infrastructure of a gaming system.

As for DeanK, if he IS REALLY working with the Cobra Team, good for him and if he said "fuck the wankers on certain scene sites", good for him on that too, as some people don't deserve dogshit in a dog food bowl, let alone Twinaphex's emulator compilation or DeanK's multiMAN for that matter!

3. 5
    maxmalwieder

maxmalwieder Loyal Member

The Cobra MM hasn`t the option to choose Payload. Or maybe i am blind?

4. 38
    Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS Loyal Member

Am I the only one that hates this 4.00 version of multiMAN? It seems to be much slower and I hate how the themes do not transfer over.

I also do not think deank sold anything. He has always said he did not care if others add or alter multiMAN as long as they specify that this was not a deank release.

5. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    he would have had too (or be doing it himself) as they've added a Copyright to ccMM

6. 38
    Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS Loyal Member

Could he have sold the name "multiMAN" and that is what has been Copyrighted?

7. 35
    spok

spok Loyal Member

i didnt try it yet but this is why i always dont rush 2 installing new PS3 stuff without ppl reporting its rdy 2 go ;)

u can ask dean on another hax site where he comments now & best would b if Cobra merge with TB 2 1 dongle

8. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    I'll admit my experience with copyright and copyright law is limited, however, I believe where a name is copyrighted the copyright symbol appears after the name (example: DigitalSpooker©, Digital Spooker©, Digital-Spooker©) or they explicitly say so (example: DigitalSpooker, Digital Spooker and Digital-Spooker are copyrighted by [Censored by SOPA] 2001)

I may be completely wrong (and if I am and someone knows the correct answer, please quote and call me on it, don't want to spread misinformation) but considering dean liked my post where I push the possibility of him having sold the code and the rights, I'm thinking that may be what happened, though we'll never truly know unless Dean says something on the matter.

9. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/
    I liked your post and clicked 'thanks'. About the copyright stuff - I guess you refer to the LICENSE file which was part of multiMAN and also on google code, so nothing special there. I did not sell the rights, the name "multiMAN" or the code to anyone. :) multiMAN is not for sale and it should always remain a free application.

10. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Student.
    well there we go, the answer from the man himself!

11. 5
    maxmalwieder

Hi Dean!

Thank you for your work on the Best Manager Ever! No Clones without your HARD work!

But what is a new Clone when it has not everything from your last Version. (Payload Choose:->Example)

12. 38
    Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS Loyal Member

Well that is good to know! I never thought you would try to sell anything related to the scene.

13. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/
    @maxmalwieder: I can see "BD-Rom Emulator:" option in the Settings menu (I'm using KMEAW). There it lists None/Standard/Hermes and all three work. If you're using cobra or true-blue - you can't change the payload because it is in the dongle.

14. 867
    Bartholomy

Bartholomy Loyal Member

Hey bro :) I can imagine your face, reading about "Multiman sold out to a company" Something between O_O and -_- right? Lol :rolleyes:

15. 5
    maxmalwieder

Yes, i am use TB CFW. Thanks für carification! But why in 2.09.02 i have this Option?

16. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
  17. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/
    Works great now no need to switch managers everytime I switch dongles, +1 to the Cobra team. it even sees it as True Blue 2.4 under dongle type.

18. 171
    Rautz

Rautz Loyal Member

Super Villain
    How come my CFW PS3 gets heavy usage after every Multiman update lol. Anyways I'm loving the new XBDM look in MM gives the PS3 a new feel :) Thanks to all that were involved for the release.

19. 4
    TRIPlcd

TRIPlcd Loyal Member

Anyone know how to disable this feature?

20. 13
    hahahi123

hahahi123 Loyal Member

i hope crashserious finally opens this USB dongle for good. this just isn't right to charge for features that are already there for PS3 but rather only "unlocked" for use on CFW but NOT "created" by the Team Cobra.