hit tracker

multiMAN -- Crunching Support & Releases

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by deank, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

If you are saying what I think you are, this is a known issue with 4.XX CFW and not multiMAN. Having 2 USB's drives with games on them, will only allow you to play games from one USB drive. The other drive should allow you to see it the contents, and do some other things that are limited, but not load games without them black screening. There is currently no fix and this like i said is an issue with 4.XX+ CFW and not mM.

Both Team Rebug and Dean have tried many combinations to no avail. Basically the only solution is to use one USB drive (with games on it) at a time. So this means after unplugging dev_usb000 and rebooting you should be able to play the games on dev_usb071. Also using a HUB and changing usb ports will not resolve this issue either, as I said it's a 4.00+ CFW issue.

2. 4
    mandoman

mandoman Loyal Member

Thanks for the explanation. OK, I guess I will have to give up I guess. I will probably need to scrap dual enclosure then, since I can't load games off of second drive in it easily, and go to two single external drives, and manually plug them in based on drive I want to play off of. I went down the dark hole of single 4tb external usb drive initially, but that was a nightmare with the 2tb MBR limitation. I thought two drives in dual enclosure would work better, but I guess I was wrong there too. It's been a long battle, and I surrender.

Thanks again,
    Mandoman

3. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Another thing you can do which would be a lot of work and sending you backwards is to go back to 3.55 CFW and use fixes for the games, but then both hard drives will work. (It might seem like less of a daunting task if you only fix a game right before you play it, rather than trying to fix them all at once.)

4. 23
    ulysse57

ulysse57 Loyal Member

Are you sure ?

I use two disks from WD (Passport 2To and Elements 2To) that are plugged with a powered usb hub to the PS3 (left port of the PS3, farer from the BD). It works perfectly. On the hub I also have the camera and dongle for the steering wheel.

The problem I have had was with two identical disks (two passport 2To), in this case, the PS3 or mM was little confused and all the time, the discs were scanned and lost.

So I think that Mandoman is using two identical discs, and the problem comes from this point.

5. 4
    mandoman

mandoman Loyal Member

Thanks for the idea to use 3.55, but that is a bit to much work i think. one 2tb is enough to have most liked and played games on tap, the other i can use as an archive for less played games.

Yes, my two drives are identical. I am not sure if the problem is with the drives or the enclosure, but it boils down to how the drives show up on the usb ports. I seem to recall having two external drives work at one point, but it was two separate drives (different drives and enclosures), one on left usb port, and other on right. In this case, drives showed up on ports 000 and 001. I think multi drives will work as long as they are within usb port range from 000-009, but once they show up as 071,072,081,082, etc, it does not work.

6. 23
    ulysse57

ulysse57 Loyal Member

With two identical drives, it will not work according to my tests. Perhaps because of port range, I didn't have had a look to that when I tried. With my usb hub and two different drives they are numbered usb000 and usb001.

7. 4
    mandoman

mandoman Loyal Member

Yes, I believe you, and consistent with what I have seen. I would love for a developer to explain the technical limitations when drives map outside of 000-009 port range.

8. 9
    JohnDoeHun

JohnDoeHun Loyal Member

9. 12
    Thundersun

Thundersun Loyal Member

Hi Deank when do you release Multiman 4.70?

10. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

Hi. I'm currently running on Rebug 4.70.1 Rex and it's got 4.66.10 MmCM running. Currently I cannot run game updates as I get the message that none are found. Is this because I'm on 4.70.1 CFW running a 4.66.10 manager?

11. 339
    amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
    Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    mine is firmware unsupported

you can try with cobra enabled

12. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

Yes it's enabled, I was wondering if servers were down or some other reason.

13. 339
    amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
    Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    i think we have to wait for deank to update multiman ,