hit tracker

multiMAN -- Crunching Support & Releases

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by deank, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 182
    Kvass

Kvass Loyal Member

Jesus christ! just tried moving some stuff via FTP.... the speed is freaking insane man!

2. 8
    leksetengah

leksetengah Loyal Member

* Added support for playing video files (including AVI3D) from NTFS drives and remote /net_host servers

Its that mean we can play movie directly from NTFS HDD??

3. 2
    MayThaM89HAX

MayThaM89HAX Loyal Member

thanks bro

4. 1
    neoxite

neoxite Loyal Member

Did anyone actually figure out how to properly use this DEX UPD PKG in order to enable full multiMAN functionality on a genuine DEX unit? I could not see this PKG changing anything at all! multiMAN application will start on a DEX by default of course, but the LV2 patching / BDEMU stuff never worked so far. I expected this UPD PKG to change this somehow?

Here is what I tried in detail to hopefully have someone clarify how to do it properly:

Prerequisites / boring stuff (for background information)

- Installed DEX OFW 3.55 PUP (MD5: 3b6ebc594de5586b5e289225f6d3164a) on a genuine phat DEX unit (not a converted CEX unit!)
    - Restored the system to factory default
    - Installed 'mmCM ver 04.01.00 BASE (20120204).pkg'
    - Launched multiMAN, as expected it would show 'cannot enable BD-ROM emulator, Unsupported system firmware'
    - Copied a game from a genuine BD-ROM to the HDD using multiMAN
    - Tried launching the HDD copy -> failed (of course)

Now to the interesting stuff

- Installed 'multiMAN ver 04.01.00 DEX UPD MOD (20120204).pkg'on the unit and rebooted the system
    - Launched multiMAN again, it would still complain 'cannot enable BD-ROM emulator, Unsupported system firmware'
    - As the DEX UPD MOD PKG does not contain a BDEMU.BIN file, I tried installing BDEMUv2 for either 3.41 or 3.55, still same error message.
    - Tried switching between Hermes style BDEMU and 'standard' BDEMU, still same error message, still no backup functionality.

Conclusion and question:
    Since the DEX UPD PKG only contains updated USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN, USRDIR/DISACC.BIN and USRDIS/sys/DATA0 files (and no patched/modified BDEMU.BIN for example) I am at a loss on how this PKG would enable HDD backups on DEX stations, can anyone please clarify how to properly use this or what I am missing to get this to work?

Thank you very much!

5. 16
    djluiluv

djluiluv Loyal Member

Console Modder
    *nice achievement* ;)

6. 25,460
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    EXCLUSIVE: 'mmOS' coming soon.. - A big update to 'mmCM' (aka) multiMAN Cobra Manager

It has been very silent recently in 'mmCM' updates, but we have good news today, developers behind 'Team Cobra' have contacted us and shared with us what they been working on since March, and it is is awesome, basically a full featured desktop enviroment called 'mmOS' to replace the old multiman file manager.

[​IMG]

Click on the above picture, for a jaw-dropping HD screenshot of 'mmOS' in action, and after your jaw lifts off the keyboard, see below some of it's features:

This is just a hint of what is coming in the next big update, so we can't wait to see 'mmOS' all completed and fully in action with its many new jaw-dropping features on our PS3 consoles, and it might not be too long either as the developers are hinting at before this month's end for a big release, so this is already heating up to be nice hot summer for us Jailbreak Sony PS3 owners! :)

And remember as usual stay tuned to @PS3Crunchnet for the very latest in 'scene' newz! :D

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

We enjoyed not wait :D

8. 360
    naughtydog

naughtydog Loyal Member

Yeah you literally got my jaw on the keyboard with this one. This is a wonderful update for every console

9. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

WOW. This looks the Biz, end of the month you say? Nice :)

10. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Very Impressive ...

11. 156
    the-green

the-green Loyal Member

Awesome, I really like the hard work doing by this team Cobra, all my hopes to them, keep the good wrk guys & good luck to your Cobra USB dongle.
    By the way, thank you so much GaryOPA for all the fantastic PS3 news you share with us !! you're the best man !!
    regards.

12. 25,460
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Don't forgot, as I didn't remind anyone about it, but big updates like this will work on all Jailbreakable PS3 consoles running any CFW or dongle, not just for Cobra USB owners.

13. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

yeah true gary but we still cant use both dongles, would be nice if you could drop some suggestions to tb and cobra to make a cfw that works with BOTH dongles it would help sales for both teams, why should we have to choose between new games or blu rar movie backups with disc menu, and ps2 game backups and other cobra features?

question is ,could that be done without either team or both team giving up proprietary secrets?

14. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

It looks amazing! GaryOPA you are sure missing a lot of news posts (MC must be keeping you busy), but when you do happen to load this site up and post something it's usually damn well worth it. I'm glad to see people are still actively developing homebrew for the PS3. Can't wait to see a video of some sorts of it in action.

15. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I really would love to see this support the extraction of zip files.. :)

Hopefully there will be font options as well (size). Is an ongoing issue i have with the current file manager.

16. 69
    acab

acab Loyal Member

kudos deank ..
    awesome ..

17. 306
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

If you're using mmCM 04.02.02 (or a later version), try pressing R3.

18. 31
    judgedrokk

judgedrokk Loyal Member

So,, we can delete Multiman if we have this? We wont need it?

19. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    mmOS will most likely install on top of mmCM and the early pre-Cobra versions of multiMAN, so you don't have to delete the currently installed version of multiMAN/mmCM!

20. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Thanks @aldostools for that info...

--------------------------------------------------

I just got done reading about this over @ another site (cough * my Sig * cough)
    I found rather displeasing to read the hate on Deank over there. Its a very sad situation that the staff and members are doing there..

@deank , you are very much respected by many, Please do not let that place bring you down.. I want to personally thank you for ALL the work you have done..