hit tracker

My Wii U currently won't read Amiiqo anymore

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by Ardaniel, Sep 4, 2015.

1. 3
    Ardaniel

Ardaniel Loyal Member

I was able to update my amiiqo, set the bank to 15 (after accidentally setting it to 200), and then tried to add three splatoon amiibos from the nfc bank (first clue that I did it wrong probably was that the figurine didn't show up as the icon after managing the bank), anyway. I was able to cycle through the first ten free amiibos provided, but after that, my wii u wouldn't read the amiiqo again. I tried to cycle back through, but I've gotten the message "This is not an amiibo supported by Super Smash Bros." over 100 times. I also have been having trouble unlocking the amiiqo (which isn't new, I had trouble unlocking it the first time also -cough- Press+Hold which button? -cough-)

So what I'm asking is, can blank files still be cycled through without an issue? I should've been back at the first amiibo, Dark Pit, by now, correct? Any advice?

2. 10
    gamerplay

gamerplay Loyal Member

Why dont you just set the back to the number you really want and override the preset amiibos? You could alway redownload them from nfc bank the site they have been showing on the forums.

I see no reason to have 15 let alone 200 slots lol. Not having a way to control where you start makes having 200 pointless.

But just make sure when you write your amiibo bin that you dont move it or remove it. It will corrupt the file and wont load correct

3. 3
    Ardaniel

Ardaniel Loyal Member

I was going to set the bank back to 10 , but I still haven't been able to unlock it, so I'm at a stand-still at the moment. I can't change the bank without unlocking it, and I can't seem to get it to cycle back to the first amiibo in any case.

4. 5
    monkfishjoe

monkfishjoe Loyal Member

In having a similar problem with splatoon and is driving me nuts (this was the reason I bought the amiiqo).

I try adding each of the splatoon bin files to open banks, but I don't get an image of them on the back (just the empty 'page' icon - even when it says it has saved correctly).

When I try and use these in Splatoon I get a system error message saying "this is not an amiibo".

When I then try and scan the amiiqo back into the phone I get an unrecognised nfc tag error.

I got the splatoon Bins from nfc bank. Any one else had this?

Any help would be lovely and greatly appreciated

5. 128
    EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter Lesbyterian (N2Elite Mod) Clean-Up Crew

USPS Full-Time MH
    Home Page:
    http://www.TheChocoKitty.net/shop
    Open the app, and press unlock. Press the amiiqo against your phone and right after you hear the sound, press and hold the button on the amiiqo. After a few seconds, it should unlock and show the regular management menu.

6. 2
    ternielabiscuit

ternielabiscuit Loyal Member

I just got my Amiiqo today. I initially set the bank at 24 (my Amiiqo came blank and I had previously downloaded all the .bin files to load) and the WiiU says it is not a recognized Amiibo. Any suggestions? The Amiiqo is unlocked and I lowered the bank to 1 slot.

7. 5
    Stremon

Stremon Loyal Member

Same problem for me, I just got my amiiqo, I tried to save different bin files inside, but even if it says it has been saved successfully, it doesn't appear in the bank list and the amiiqo doesn't work at all on the Wii u...

8. 3
    Ardaniel

Ardaniel Loyal Member

Apparently my Dark Pit file had corrupted somehow, preventing me from moving past it, but putting one of my real amiibo files onto that slot fixed it.
    To use the nfc-bank, you have to dl the file on the computer, transfer it to your phone and then to your amiiqo. The actual figurine pictur should pop up to let you know it worked.

Thanks to Ellione for the tip on how to unlock the amiiqo!

9. 128
    EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter Lesbyterian (N2Elite Mod) Clean-Up Crew

USPS Full-Time MH
    Home Page:
    http://www.TheChocoKitty.net/shop
    No problem. I've figured out also that NFC-Bank actually has a problem with Chrome Mobile. Using any other browser (Opera, Firefox) should work though.

10. 5
    Stremon

Stremon Loyal Member

Oh I see! It makes sense indeed, I tried today with my official amiibos, and it is working well.
    Then I will try with Chrome on my PC.
    I have to redownload them all over again... Is there a pack containing them all or something like that? Downloading them one by one is really annoying.

Edit: Indeed after redownload it works perfectly! But gosh the mobile app is really not convenient, I hope they will improve it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015