hit tracker

N2 Elite LED is red, "There was a problem with this Device" Prompt

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by TheSpazzyPirate, Jan 10, 2018.

1. 3
    TheSpazzyPirate

TheSpazzyPirate Loyal Member

My N2 Elite's LED displays red. Whenever I click connect in the "N2 Elite manager", it prompts "There was a problem with this Device".
    What does this mean?

Attached Files:

2. 1
    itshouldntbethisdifficult

itshouldntbethisdifficult Loyal Member

Made an account just to comment here. I had the same problem and I've just got it solved. Credit goes to u/Zzatos on reddit for figuring this stupid shit out.

First off, go into your device manager. Click on "Ports (COM & LPT)" and it will drop down COM 1 and COM 3. Right click both (doesn't matter the order, I did COM 3 first and then COM 1) and click "Properties". Click on the tab "Driver" Click on "Uninstall device". Don't restart your computer. When you uninstall COM 1 after uninstalling COM 3, at least for me, they automatically uninstalled without restarting my computer. If they don't for you, then you should restart your computer.

Those drivers you just uninstalled were broke as fuck and don't work. Go to the "Downloads and Support" page on the N2elite website. Find the link for the drivers, but not the direct download link. This is the link you want: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Once there, scroll down and download "Download for Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/8.1 (v6.7)"

This is the shit you want. Don't worry, even though it says XP/2003/Vista, it still works for my Windows 10 machine, so it should work for your windows machine as well. You really want the 6.7 Drivers, as those are the only drivers compatible with the most recent USB Manager. Install these drivers, and your N2elite should actually start working. If you still have trouble, try contacting u/Zzatos on reddit. He seems to know quite a bit more about this than anyone else in these forums.

3. 3
    TheSpazzyPirate

TheSpazzyPirate Loyal Member

Thats awesome! I have that part fixed. But I have now run into another problem! When I try to add a .bin amiibo to a bank, the bank stays empty. Whys this?