hit tracker

Need help installing GW Fastboot

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Spork Schivago, Dec 4, 2017.

1. 53
    Spork Schivago

Spork Schivago Loyal Member

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked. I've found many tutorials and was following one which kinda got me messed up a bit. I wanted to install GW Fastboot. My understanding, is by default, when we turn on the 3DS, it'll boot into Gateway Mode and we can play our ROMs without having to manually execute any exploits. We were on 4.5 SysNAND.

I downloaded the official 4.2 BETA from Gatewway's site and was following the tutorial. I upgraded to SysNAND version 10.3.0-28U, as the directions suggested. Then I rebooted and tried going to go.gateway-3ds.com to downgrade to 2.0. However, the Internet Browser wouldn't allow me to go. So I changed the date to January 1st, 2000. That allowed me to go to the site, but the nothing happened. It never executed the firmware on the physical Gateway card.

I found another tutorial, https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) and did the Sound Hack thing.

I never did the finalizing instructions, where you install .CIA's and everything.

Could somehow help us? All way want is to be able to boot into Gateway mode by default, to play ROMs, and maybe if we hold a button during startup, it boots into classic mode (to play real carts).

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I found a thread last night that talked about going to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

After messing around a bit, I got that to load some screen. There was an option to boot into GW Mode. That would always show a black screen. I tried booting into Time Machine as well, that always lead to the same black screen.

Thanks.

2. 53
    Spork Schivago

Spork Schivago Loyal Member

Okay, I'm so close to having this.

I finished the tutorial and installed all the CIA files and Luma3DS and all that.

I found a tutorial that explains how to boot into the Gateway using Luma3DS's payload chainloader stuff: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

So now, when I turn on the 3DS, if I hold down the down button, it'll boot into the Gateway mode.

When I do that, it shows the EMU NAND is version 10.2.0-28U. What's the latest I can update that EmuNAND and SysNAND too? From what I've read, 11.2 is the latest that I can do for both. Is that still true? If so, I'd like to figure out how to update to 11.2 for both and prevent the system from trying to automatically update....Everytime I turn it on, it says there's a new update ready for download. I'd hate to have some child accidently update it to some uncompatible version where the Gateway doesn't work anymore.

I'd like to some how set it up where the old 3DS boots into the Gateway mode by default, and holding down the Down button when I turn it on boots it into the SysNAND.

Thanks!