hit tracker

Need HELP Restoring Benq Drive!!!

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by 2Rudex, Nov 4, 2009.

1. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

I flashed my Benq drive to iXtreme 1.6 with JungleFlasher, and it was working fine until my Xbox broke. Then I got a new Xbox, and all my games stopped working. I tried re-flashing it, but it still didn't work. So I tried restoring the original firmware back on, but again when I try to play my games (even the original copies) it says "Play DVD".

I'm sure I have the original firmware backup and the .log file from when I first flashed it. PLEASE help me on this. Thanks in advance!

2. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Could it be a bad serial dump and your xbox is buggered.

3. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Nothing wrong with the Xbox nor the drive. Possibly a bad serial dump, so I need to know how to restore my old firmware...

4. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

you should fully erase a benq before flashing anything to it,be sure to do that.

if your restoring the original fw to the drive i cant see how your going wrong,after all your rewriting the fw you got off it so your only rewriting it back.
    :)

5. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

I don't see how I'm doing it wrong either. I tried writing it back with JungleFlasher, but it still won't read my games. It was working perfectly just before I got the rings on my old Xbox. Man, this is stressing me the hell out.

Someone please give me a tutorial on how to re-write .OFW properly.

6. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

are you trying to flash the new drive out from your new console with your old key or trying to flash the new drive with cfw?
    you should be just flashing your new console drive with cfw not the old key from your old console.

7. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

No not at all. I have the new drive, but it doesn't open and I think it's fried. (Smelt burnt when I opened it)

So I'm trying to use the Benq drive from my old console. And getting the right dvdkey to put in my Benq is becoming a pain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  8. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

you are doing this with tray half open?
    can you see the drive in jf?

9. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Yes, I know all about Mode B and my comp does see it. I've flashed my Xbox before. It just happen to get RRoD so I took it out, and now I put it in my new Xbox.

10. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

11. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Thanks. I'm reading up on it, but it seems like now. But my question is, does the Xbox itself have a key aswell? and what's a Dummy.bin, the back up?

12. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

drive is married to console thats why when you spoof a drive you have to put the original keys into the drive you are swapping with otherwise you just got a dvd player.
    your jf log should have the original key when you first read the drive, you did save the log and the identify/enquiry/key bin files didnt you?

13. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Ya, I still have the jf.log and bin from when I flashed it the very first time.

14. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

right just follow the steps for flashing a PRE FLASHED drive but use your original saved bin file, that should restore your original info back,you can check it by putting it back inmto the console and seeing if it plays originals if it does then you know your key is good and then can flash cfw into it.

15. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Which tutorial would the pre-flashed drive be in? JungleFlasher tut or Troubleshoot tut?

16. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

there are a few different user guides but the best one (september issue) has a flow chart which is very easy to follow once you open it.
    Just checked its the jf tut you need.

17. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

why do i get the impression your trying to fit a drive from one unit to another one?
    :)

18. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

LOL no no. Okay, truthfully... I have 2 benq drives. But before jumping to conclusions, I can tell them apart (I won't/can't get them mixed up), and I know the dvdkey for the first one (since it's the very first one I flashed and saved the .bin and jf.log too). I'm trying them both, and I think I managed to drag out the dvdkey for the 2nd one just now.

Anyways, I'll check that tut and get back at you if anything. I hope to god it works!

EDIT: Ya I can't find the "pre flash" section in the sept tutorial. I went through the whole thing unless I'm blind.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  19. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

Hi saleem thats what i thought when i read his first post, anyway 2rudex good luck.:)

20. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

ugh... damn it, I can't figure it out. It's not spoofing the bin I don't think. The tutorial only has the Hitatchi pre-flash guide in it, so I'm not sure if it also applies to Benq as well. I need a guide on a Benq preflash.. if there is one. :p

Should I download a new Benq-OFW.bin and place the dvdkey in it? or would that not work?