hit tracker

Need HELP Restoring Benq Drive!!!

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by 2Rudex, Nov 4, 2009.

1. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

jf has 3 different ways to flash, stock, cfw and alternate, you just need to follow the one which matches your drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  2. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

if you have a good key for the drive you want to flash and the drive hasnt been flashed before or has cfw up to 1.4 then follow the guide for stock,if its been flashed with cfw 1.5 or higher before then follow the second guide.

3. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Err.. I'm pretty sure I did follow it. I just don't know what to do next. Please walk me through this, Sparks.

But even with that said, you said the dvd drive and the Xbox are married right? so doesn't the dvdkey on the drive have to be the exact same AS the motherboard? if so, how can I get that dvdkey? or how can I get the dvd key out from the broken lite on drive?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  4. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

Now im confused we started with 2 benq drives now we have also have a broken liteon??
    All drive keys have to be read extracted and saved for posterity (and also if you ever need to change or spoof a drive that came from somewhere else)
    Motherboard and drive must have original matching keys.
    replacement drive must be flashed with original drive keys.
    no original keys or unable to extract keys for one reason or other leaves you with a door stop or finding someone who can extract your keys from the motherboard nand chip.
    How is the liteon broken cos if its proper fried or dead then you are stuck with a dvd player (and thats only if you can get a replacement drive)

5. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Sorry, I swear I mentioned the lite-on drive, my apologies. The lite-on drive is original drive that came with the new Xbox, but it's broken and I can't get the original dvdkey from it (yet).

But no it's ok. I gotta sell it (depending if the owner know the key or not) since I dunno what it is and get a new xbox. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  6. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

You are stuck with a door stop, unless you get the key you cannot replace the drive with another one,
    because you need to be able to flash the key which is paired to your console motherboard from the original liteon drive and you are at the mo unable to read the fried drive.
    suggest you sell as spares although any buyer would really expect to be able to extract keys - unless you did describe it as drive dead.

7. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

Just a quick pointer, you need to be sure of the drive you have because trying to flash or read a liteon with benq instructions just wont work.
    Try and find the correct drive details for us and maybe we will be able to help.

8. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Thanks, but I have a feeling I won't be able to find the dvdkey. The lite-on drive doesn't turn on at all, unless there's a way to repair it. But regardless, I have no more money to do that LOL.

I'm trying to get this guy to fix my RRoD xbox tomorrow and give him the new one as pay.

9. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

Could you explain to us how excactly you are connecting the drive and how you are trying to read it??

10. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

I connect the drive to the computer via Sata cable. And I power it on by the xbox like your supposed to. But when I do that with the Lite-on drive, it shuts off and the power bar light goes red.

I got an e-mail back from the guy, and he said the dude who flashed it for him screwed it up. I don't know how the HELL anyone could screw up flashing a drive so easily, it's he easiest thing anyone can do. And said he didn't have the key anymore. I asked him to double check but I highly doubt they'll have it.

But thanks a lot for your help guys. It's been MUCH better than all the other places I tried seeking help at *cough* 360mods *cough*. If anything, I'll get back to you guys if something comes up.

11. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

You need a connection kit and probe to read liteons.

12. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Even so, the drive is broken, and it won't give any power. And I don't know how badly this guy screwed up the flash. For example, when I open it up it smells like smoke, as if something has been fried.

It sux cuz all I can do is play arcade games.... I miss prototype. :(

13. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

probably put the power connector wrong way round and blew it all the way to where all dead drives go - liteon heaven:)

14. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

Lite On heaven is it (RIP... Umm... I dunno when)

But yeah, I just sold it, so hopefully I can get my old xbox fixed that I DO HAVE the dvdkey to and live happily ever after. But thanks again for your help man, you've kept me pretty calm for the time being.

15. 1
    nico007

nico007 Loyal Member

Drive Key via Mobo Nand

Is there anyone out there that can extract the console key from the motherboard nand chip for me. I am willing to pay if reasonable. My BenQ took a shite on me and I cannot dump the key from it. The console is original , never been modded. Please help ! TIA!:(

16. 6
    rzwx

rzwx Loyal Member

the only way i can see right now to read the dvdkey from the motherboard is when you did not update your dash beyond 7371 then read out the nand and do the xbroot install then you can read out your cpukey from your fuses in xell ,use the cpu key in flash tool and the you get your dvdkey shouldn't be to difficult .
    but all depends if you did or did not upgtrade