hit tracker

need help with a psp

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by Wizzkid25, Mar 26, 2011.

1. 15
    Wizzkid25

Wizzkid25 Loyal Member

hi there am having a problem finding a good magic memory stick and jigkick battery maker...and am having problems with my cmd black screen thing where you have to format the memory card...my laptop is vista ultimate and the psp is a phat version 3.52...i have hacked psps before but all my old stuff doesnt work and i did when with a xp computer...so any help will be great n thanks for all the help in the past you all have given me lol

i cant even see this arhhhhh

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Using the USB connection, connect the PSP with the memory card inserted.
    2. Format the memory stick. You can use either Windows Explorer to format the disk, or use the PSP "Format Memory Stick"

option
    3. Extract the contents of the pandora.zip file to c:\pandora
    4. Open a DOS prompt (Start -> Run -> CMD -> )
    5. type c: type cd c:\pandora\mspformat
    6. type mspformat (in my case W) ???mspformat W???

You should see a prompt like this:

>>> C:psppandoramspformat>mspformat.exe W
    >>> You are about to format the drive W.
    >>> All data will be lost. Do you want to continue? [Y]

Type "Y".

>>> Y

and you should see

>>> Drive succesfully formatted, and partition moved.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
  2. 2
    Spinderp

Spinderp Loyal Member

You need an XP computer to hack PSP's. What you should do is partition about 4 or 5 GB of your hard drive and install a slim version of XP and boot to that then hack it... Or upgrade your computer to Windows 7 as that works with MSS and Pandora making.

3. 15
    Wizzkid25

Wizzkid25 Loyal Member

thank you i have two laptops so maybe i should upgrade one of them to windows 7 lol ...can u tell me why cant you do it with vista??

thanks for the reply n help

4. 2
    Spinderp

Spinderp Loyal Member

I'm not really sure why it doesn't work with Vista. Just I was never able to hack my PSP with Vista installed on my computer, it always came up with failed MMS' and corrupt data. That's why I dual-booted Vista and XP when I had Vista but now 7 works perfectly fine. Also, google for a program called "RainMMS" or "Rain MMS" to create your Magic Memory Stick (This is the one that doesn't really work on Vista) and once you have created it then you can use it to start your PSP in developer mode with your hard-modded Pan-Battery and create it soft-pandora through that. Hope that helps.

5. 15
    Wizzkid25

Wizzkid25 Loyal Member

thanks for your help

well thanks m8 am gonna give it a go my bro has a windows 7 comp n he wants to hack his psp...so this might help lol...i know how to then if he cant so thanks again

i ll keep ya posted