hit tracker

New 3DS Firmare (11.1) out

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Tonyx, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 43
    Tonyx

Tonyx Loyal Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  2. 108
    Ryumaru

Ryumaru Loyal Member

I update using Emunand and the menu that appears when you press the select button is not working. Let's see if the Gateway will still support for Emunand otherwise I will move to the 3DS as Luma is safer.

3. 108
    Ryumaru

Ryumaru Loyal Member

I wonder if the Gateway will also support the Emunand because I update my 3DS and the menu that appears select shaking stopped working. If the Gateway no longer supports Emunand I will move to the Luma 3DS.

4. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

The Update comes out today. So please be patient.

Gateway supports the newest firmware in emunand. You can play cia. And I'm sure gateway started already to fix the game selection menu.

But why didn't you use Luma already?
    I have Luma as a9lh autoboot. When ever I want to use the gateway features like .3ds or cheating I reboot with a button pressed. All fine *thumb up *

5. 43
    Tonyx

Tonyx Loyal Member

What's this Luma?

6. 320
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Luma3DS is a great open-source custom firmware.
    It has no red gateway-card functions, but in my case I don't need it all the time.
    Like when I play bought games, original cartridges, online playing, ....

Tonyx likes this.
  7. 43
    Tonyx

Tonyx Loyal Member

Interesting, thanks. I will look into it to understand more.

8. 5
    Jeyk

Jeyk Loyal Member

Hello guys.
    I accidentally download the last update on my 3ds.
    It's possible to downgrade the emunand back to 11.1.0.33 or i must wait a update from the GW crew?
    In this version of update i can enter in the GW mode,but the select menu(games in redcard),dont show up.

9. 2
    Visi

Visi Loyal Member

I have the same issue. I just installed yesterday the GW 4.1 Beta with the fast loader and after that updated the EmuNAND to the latest 11.1.0-34 EUR. It is no longer able to find any 3DS gamecart in the slot. It is not just the GW card but my other original gamecards are NOT presented when it is inserted. As it was described above the GW card will also not present the content of the card if Select button is pressed. Any suggestions how to downgrade the EmuNAND or an estimated time to be fixed?
    Thanks for the great work so far.

10. 3
    Gladstone

Gladstone Loyal Member

Yes, its possible. Just press L+Select when powering up 3DS to get into Gateway menu. Then select option "Format Emunand" ant hit Start. It will erase all content of SD card, include save games and installed CIAs. Or you can wait, when Gateway release new version of Loader (maybe week or two).

Visi and Jeyk like this.
  11. 5
    Jeyk

Jeyk Loyal Member

Then lets wait.

12. 2
    Visi

Visi Loyal Member

I have formatted the EmuNAND and when it has finished successfully on the screen the "press A to finish" was freezed and the A button press did nothing.
    Also I believe the EmuNAND formatting should be updated in that way to check if there was an A9LH enabled device then put back also the required files for that, to function properly.
    In my case since the device looked like as freezed, I have shut down the device and checked the SD card content in my PC. It was completely empty (not even Launcher.dat was copied back). So, I have put back from the 4.1Beta release the whole Console SD folder content and then it was able to boot up.

Thanks for button combination! :) Is there a list somewhere where it is documented what to push when to achieve something in the GW menu or from a game? I have not seen anything recently regarding this...

13. 5
    Jeyk

Jeyk Loyal Member

the select button menu was work after you reboot and reinstall the gateway?

14. 5
    Jeyk

Jeyk Loyal Member

Making this,my emunand is going to the first version righ?
    Theres is a way to update my emunand to 11.1.0.33 after making this?

15. 2
    yogurt07

yogurt07 Loyal Member

Your emunand after formatting will be the same as the version your 3ds is in. It will just have GWD in front of it. You cannot update to 11.1.0.33 yet but you can try to update to 10.xxx using on of the latest roms. I think Metroid Prime Federation Force has 10.7.0 with it. Just make sure it is an untrimmed rom and that the game is the same region as your 3ds.

Jeyk likes this.
  16. 5
    Jeyk

Jeyk Loyal Member

How update with a game? Installing it and update the game you say?

17. 2
    yogurt07

yogurt07 Loyal Member

18. 4
    Maximilious

Maximilious Loyal Member

I also updated emuNAND (N3DS US Console), but some of my CIA installs are showing Japanese text, while others are showing English. I also can no longer connect to Badge Arcade as it's showing Japanese text (possible region issue?). I uninstalled/reinstalled from eShop and also tried repairing but same issue exists. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

19. 4
    tanukileaf

tanukileaf Loyal Member

Yeah the same thing happened to me for Badge Arcade but I haven't played or updated it before doing it two days ago so I don't know if the problem was already there for me. My other CIAs seem to be fine though but I haven't checked them all.

20. 4
    Maximilious

Maximilious Loyal Member

If you have any VC installed from eShop or CIAngel, open them up to see. All of them are Japanese text for me too. If we can find a correlation it may help GW team. I also found some of my titles aren't showing on home menu any longer, but I'm hopeful when GW releases updated launcher that they will appear again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.