hit tracker

New 3DS Firmare (11.1) out

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Tonyx, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22
    Thmsbkr3

Thmsbkr3 Loyal Member

So, Pokemon Bank (was installed and completely english before update) and Pokemon Omega Ruby (recently reinstalled cia) are completely in Japanese. My Pokemon Y that was previously installed before the update has region changed to Japan so all of my Pokemon are geographically illegal because they're part USA and part Japanese.

I usually don't even do updates before the site releases their updates but I was worried about this one because I'm not sure if we're going to be given another launcher so I can continue to use the profile exploit via NVRAM or if we're going to be forced to setup the A9LH exploit. It's one of those don't fix what isn't broken kind of things, I'm perfectly content with it taking a few seconds longer to load my games.

Anyway, has anyone heard anything from Gateway? I'm not exactly sure when the update was released and I know it's generally a "wait and see" and then a "be careful because it might be buggy" Or for that matter, are people experiencing these issues with the A9LH exploit? I assume so because it's still an EMUNAND issue, but I don't know.

2. 25,610
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Thmsbkr3 likes this.
  3. 22
    Thmsbkr3

Thmsbkr3 Loyal Member

Just replying to say, "wOOO"

Actually, I lied...
    I have another question related to 11.1/11.0 I see all kinds of information about downgrades. "Only 9.2" "10.6"... etc
    I'm getting ready to buy a N3DS and I need to know if I need a specific firmware in order to downgrade, I have an O3DS and was going to use the method GW listed on the site but I think that is only for 9.2. I can search around and find one via the chart of version numbers just need to know which one I need to find.

TL;DR Buying new N3DS what Firmware is downgradable to work with GW and/or A9LH?

4. 25,610
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I think GW latest beta allows you to downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2, their timemachine needs 9.2 to work, but you can downgrade to it.

Do more research and read all the threads, and if you not sure, ask questions.

Personally, I don't own a 3DS or Gateway, so I am the worse person to ask! :)

Cameron likes this.
  5. 4
    zakatena

zakatena Loyal Member

when they think out some emunand patch and update 11.1.0.34
    They do not respond to emails

6. 67
    Ccito3ds

Ccito3ds Loyal Member

Hey everyone I have a A9lh 3ds using the special payload to boot between luma/gateway. I just use my Gateway to test the game I'm making in Unity because I can rename to cci to 3ds and play really quickly but also as a second storage for games

Anyway I'm a but worried about Gateway updating to latest firmware in the future. Sure there track records good but they haven't even said there working on it kinda blows.

I know the game selection menu feature uses a home menu offset, is there a way to find that out and maybe put the feature in Luma CFW?

7. 4
    zakatena

zakatena Loyal Member

anyone knows whether the gateway team are working on a patch for 11.1.0.34E

8. 77
    veekay

veekay Loyal Member

I recently noticed some titles in FBI showing in japanese after the last update, but didn't think it actually was related to the games. I have between 10 and 20 games that are now fully japanese - joy. Oddly enough, even legit games are like this.

9. 142
    fujitasan

fujitasan Loyal Member

So far, the gateway team never stopped working/support emunand. So Yes.

10. 25,610
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I asked again for a ETA from the GW team tonight.

But one thing for sure it will come, if not SOON it will COME.

Personally, I think about the first week in October with a bunch of other cool things! :)

11. 22
    Thmsbkr3

Thmsbkr3 Loyal Member

Well, I reformatted my emunand and went back to 7.2 or something, the bare minimum for Pokemon, because I am impatient and got tired of waiting so :p I'd like to keep this thread moving up though until we hear something.

12. 4
    zakatena

zakatena Loyal Member

because that can not happen but they have sent several mails and do not answer me or tell me that could not be sent

13. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Gateway wont reply to your emails 99 time out of 100. You arent a dealer. They dont do tech support. So your email is not something they care about. It sucks, but its true.

14. 4
    zakatena

zakatena Loyal Member

then with whom l have to talk to technical support issue

15. 25,610
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016