hit tracker

New 3ds Mario edition

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by luibee, Oct 26, 2017.

1. 12
    luibee

luibee Loyal Member

Hi guys,
    I plan on buying this
    [​IMG]
    it is brand new so I dont know if gateway has anything to do with this. I am now playing with gateway and 3ds files.
    I still want to play with gateway for 3ds roms.
    Thank you.

2. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi Luibee,

no idea what you exactly want. With ntrboothax you can hack every 3ds on every firmware, and the only thing you need is a magnet and a cheep nds card.

So get your desired 3ds and if it is on a 'good' Firmware install b9s without anything (soundhax etc - keyword 3ds.guide).
    If its on the newest buy a compatible nds card. install the ntrboot on it and go the way written in the guide.

After installing b9s you only have to set up a payload under luma and you can boot gateway with a key pressed while booting.
    You can install a emunand with gw and have fun.

Is your sysnand/emunand over 11.2 - no problem. Boot into emunand with luma, go with rosalina into homebrew-launcher and install sysupdater. get the 11.2 cia files and install them on your emunand. Its much easyer than it hears.

3. 12
    luibee

luibee Loyal Member

Thank you sweatbox. What I meant was: can I copy 3ds roms into gateway and play like before with this one?
    I dont know much about hacking, but I think without the gateway card, we have to play with cia roms and it takes a long time to copy cia files onto the 3ds. Am I right?

4. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

ah ok.
    Well as written, at the moment every 3ds is hackable and after that with gateway usable.
    The question is only how time consuming it will get.

To install b9s on through soundhax (all version under 11.3) will take round about 20 minutes.(Inkl. get the files and read the tut)
    11.4 and higher will need the nds Card (extramoney) and will take 20 minutes aswell. (Inkl. get the files and read the tut)

After that you will have to backup your SD-Card and boot into Gatway-Menu to set up an emunand.
    Then you will have to put your SD Backup back. (will take roundabout 15 Minutes)

If your firmware was 11.2 and below your done. (Total time: 40 Minutes)
    Otherwise it will take another 30 minutes to downgrade the emunand. (total time: an hour ten)

5. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Brand new that console should have 9.2 firmware on it. Maybe 10.x.

That 3ds was a black friday exclusive last year. It was not released any other time in the u.s.

I am fairly certain it wasnt released anywhere else.

dsmalls likes this.
  6. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Could be 11.2 though. I remember i had to downgrade when i bought it. But again black friday 2016

7. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Or i had to upgrade and then downgrade....... i cant remember. Sorry