hit tracker

New ban-resistant Xbox 360 firmware coming soon from C4eva

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 13, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    It looks as if Microsoft's efforts to ban all those 360's has made hackers pretty angry! According to reports, C4eva has a new firmware in the works with all features of it indistinguisable from the original so there will be NO MORE bans!

<blockquote>4Eva announced he's working on a new firmware on IRC:
    "[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!"

We do not have more details atm.
    As far as we know the 3 'test boxes' C4Eva has running (see here) are still fine (not banned).</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51511" target="_blank">Team-Xecuter</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 13, 2009.

1. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

I don't think it's the firmware itself that is detectable. I don't know how any of that stuff works, but I think MS has found a way to send an inquiry to the drive. Depending on the drive's behavior, MS can tell if the firmware is original or not. That's my best guess so far.
      Either way, it's always a cat and mouse game. It seems that this time, Microsoft has been flagging consoles for months in preparation for this pre-holiday ban.

2. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

At this point, I'm sure you are correct. There is no way that a million people were this careless and played games early, or had bad stealth on their disks. They banned 3% of all consoles sold, which can't be much lower than the total number of modded consoles. I don't know what the rate of modded consoles are on any system, but I can't imagine that the Xbox was that high because of the high risk and complications involved in modding the system.

3. 2,415
      crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
      A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
      lol.. Seriously..
      I swear some of you read only what you want just so you can ***** about something.

MOst of you dont leave the house do you?
      In what way was I complaining about people pirating games?

My point was that maybe this will help the actual Homebrew scene along rather then people getting pissed because they got banned for playing stolen games then threatening people lives like the xbox enforcment team.

Some of you are just so god damn brain dead I seriously weep for the future

4. 2
      vital2

vital2 Loyal Member

C4EVA firmware

Does anyone think that C4eva will Upload the new ban free firmware this month?

5. 257
      trev1234

trev1234 BANNED FOREVER

you will never beat ms !!!!

6. 31
      xsam34

xsam34 Loyal Member

I haven't been ban yet. All the games i play online don't have the 4th wave crap. All my friends and people i know all got ban and all played games with the 4 wave security. abgx released there new version to check 4 wave games but i'm not too sure that you can be safe with that. So im just going to play all wave 4 offline. Its funny that the new wave took out so many.

7. 54
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

its definatly the firmware thats detected
      ,i got banned on a newly flashed elite that had never even had a game in the drive-all that was played was some xbla games

8. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

It's not about wave 4. Myself and a few others I know didn't play wave 4 games. You should check if you've been flagged.

9. 180
      diecast

diecast Loyal Member

yeah no wave 4 for me. i'd be interested in seeing what firmwares where banned. of the people i know the only person not banned has a benq with 1.51. everyone i know with 1.6 or 1.61 got the ban hammer. and before i get flammed i'm not saying i know anything i'm just tossing out what has happened to me and the people that i modded.

10. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

There's a ongoing compilation at xbox-scene of people filling out firmware, drive type, and other things.

11. 31
      xsam34

xsam34 Loyal Member

Not actually true, my friends all had 1.51 and 1.6 and got banned. I'm using a 1.61 and haven't got banned but i didn't play any wave 4 games online but who knows honestly.

12. 31
      xsam34

xsam34 Loyal Member

Yeah i check again haven't got banned and hope it doesn't. If i do i couple of 360's i so i'm good if i just curious to know if it was the wave 4 games because abgx couldn't really check and patch them until now and the new call of duty is a wave 4 but forza 3 isn't. so i play street fighter forza halo odst and havent got ban so well see.

13. 35
      neoragex

neoragex Loyal Member

there is no firmware undetectable
      All three boxes running by c4eva with new fw has been banned at the same time. He already failed to cheat M$

14. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

For a start here's the public logs from a modded xbox 360 http://xbins.org/xblive/

Can't trust them at all some of these people have been caught out, often the ones you find on xbox.com claiming they've done nothing wrong.

There are so many factors and issues here its easy to blame the firmware when we have too much/not enough information and plenty of misinformation, its a flawed scene. I doubt we'll ever know without c4eva saying something which is why its just not worth the risk.

15. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

I'm also starting to believe ms has been preparing for this for some time now. Seems ms wasn't playing "cat and mouse" with hackers, but something more along the lines of chess, and this is starting to look like checkmate. I'm sure that hackers will find a way, but a lot of people are going to be more cautious now about modding. If you can afford to get yourself 2 360s then that's probably the only way to go about it safely.

This fight is unlike sony vs the psp scene.

16. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      wasnt the last one supposedly un-detectable too? Just sayin....

17. 55
      skidude2121

skidude2121 Loyal Member

Well he obviously made some modifications to the firmware to make sure only stealthed backups were booted, but it seems these addons backfired and MS was able to use them to detect the firmware. I think he is just getting rid of these "add on" features, so now it is up to the user to use stealth backups and not the firmware to decide if it is stealth or not.

18. 48
      polosolo

polosolo Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Surprize! surprize!!

19. 19
      UKR JOKER

UKR JOKER Loyal Member

i was still running 1.6 on my lite on never played a wave 4 game either i was waiting for 1.7 to come,i also had a legit copy of mw2 granted got it a few days early.funny thing is got my copy last friday got banned on saturday!!seems rather funny that consoles getting banned just as mw2 comes out.
      but there is a silver lining to havin 1.6 now i dont have to get my banned machine reflashed i can just patch all the games to wave 3 and play off line.and yes i have a seperate hdd so no worries there either!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
    20. 447
      DKing

DKing Loyal Member

It's only Mate since people can still play copies just fine. They just can't play them online. Checkmate is when they can stop both such as what the PS3 has been able to do (so far).